Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Millionaire HL 103-SSS Ringa

Re: Millionaire HL 103-SSS Ringa

It was a spur of the moment thing doing the reel last night...supposed to be working
    Getting a carbontex kit today Andrew.I like to reassemble a reel and give a quite a few good winds,and then remove the sideplate again to make sure the grease has'nt thrown everywhere too excessively anyway.
    Not a concern with the hot sauce brand of grease,holds really well.
    The ZPI f-0 grease was the brand that made me pick up this habit...Always used to throw off the main gear after use

Go for the polish mate next time you have those reels apart,certainly makes a difference.

looking at your reel mick makes me wanna get a dc7, lol i think kev is brain washing me when's that megabass gunna arive
    figjam :wink:

DC-7's(or as Kev would say,Antares )are a great reel..if I did more saltwater I would definately have one
    Still waiting on the pagani mate.......due to arrive early June,fingers crossed that this time it will be in one piece

Speaking of that,how did you get on with your custom?pics?

its a bewty.now i see it now i want it .kev can i have another 900 bucks to stimulate me

Quote Originally Posted by alphas View Post
    DC-7's(or as Kev would say,Antares )are a great reel..if I did more saltwater I would definately have one
    I have read somewhere though they are saltwater safe because they have ARB bearing they are not recommended for saltwater use. I have not had any problems with mine for light saltwater applications but im not sure they cast control system would not cope well with a constant drenching of salt spray, this coupled with the fact they are a nightmare to dissamble and clean (apparently) makes them probably better suited to fresh water applications. In saying that however i have a fuego which is not recommended for saltwater use at all and it still is probably my main baitcaster reel i use in both fresh and salt water, and almost 2 years on still no dramas.