Thread: ALDI Cryovac machine

ALDI Cryovac machine

ALDI has a vacuum sealer machine for $99.00. Has anyone used one of their models

Neil
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Re: ALDI Cryovac machine

Noticed this in their catalogue Neil, good price if the unit is good.
    They get some good gear at times.....be interesting to see if anyone has used one.
    Cheers.

They could be good but what really worries me about retail cryovac machines you could end up not being able to get the consumables it three to five years time.

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    ALDI has a vacuum sealer machine for $99.00. Has anyone used one of their models

Neil
    ALDI actually have some good stuff at times.....Can't comment on the vacuum sealer.......I know the Grey Nomads swear by then in their travels.....They go to Monduran nail a Horse Barra (sorry about that Neil) fillet it up Vacuum seal and have enough fish for 12months or more......To me its a bit of an indorsement by the Grey nomads....bit like Truckies U know its good tucker if you see trucks parked at Servo's.......Good Luck
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

I agree, they do have some good gear at times... but the also sell some not so good gear... Buyer Beware, you get what you pay for... Sometimes good, sometimes bad. Not being negitive just my opinion.
    Cheers, Bandit

Tracker Avalanche V18 DC - 175 EFI Mercury OptiMax
    Quintrex 475 TopEnder - 60 EFI Yamaha 4 Stroke

well I am yet to see anything any good at Aldi, but it is cheap, so I guess that's what you get, CHEAP!

I know several people who have the ALDI machines and are happy with them.

Also, at the kitchenware shop where my wife works at Alexandra Hills (Brisvegas) "The Crate" they have a cryovac machine on sale for about $150 - same model as one that was recently being sold on eba$$ for $250. I got one a few weeks ago and it works a treat. Bags cost about $30 for 2 x 5m rolls. The ALDI bags wil also fit this machine and I think are on sale for $10 cheaper.

The consumables for these domestic std cryovac machines are just the bags - they all use much the same bags and you can get them from most kitchenware shops as well as from the likes of the bigger electrical retailers - anyone who sells the subeam macines will stock them or be able to get them.

Cheers!

ML

Have the Sunbeam one and it is fantastic - find if you ice the fish down then part freeze it - then cryovac it - it does not get squished. Then defrost in the sink half filled with water and a palm full of salt. The fish tastes just like you had just caught it. Bit of an old Pub trick that one too. Aldi normally has good guarantees so reackon buy one - do lots of fishing to give it a hammering and answer your own question...........cheers........Geeb

Aldis quality is generaly fairly good. They are cheap because of the volumes they purchase over seas. They are one of europes biggest supermarket chains with bila and spa the other two main chains. A lot of what these 3 chains sell is there home brand that is made in the same factories as some of the best known products. This keeps there prices low. I am speaking mainly of food products though. I have had a couple of trips over to Austria and these 3 to them is the same as coles, woolworths etc too us. In fact they are bigger in terms of supermarket sales, hence the low prices

Tell you what.....off topic a bit sorry Horse....

But for those of you with babies you can save yourself a heap in nappies and babies wipes from ALDI.
    The 'Mamia' brand are excellent and every bit as good as the expensive 'Huggies'.

Saved us a bit and my little girl goes through alot...

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by geeb View Post
    Have the Sunbeam one and it is fantastic - find if you ice the fish down then part freeze it - then cryovac it - it does not get squished. Then defrost in the sink half filled with water and a palm full of salt. The fish tastes just like you had just caught it. Bit of an old Pub trick that one too. Aldi normally has good guarantees so reackon buy one - do lots of fishing to give it a hammering and answer your own question...........cheers........Geeb
    Nice tip geeb,

But when you go to defrost it, and you say you drop it in a sink half full of water with some added salt. I take it you have already removed the fish from the bag?
    Just my guessing here, but wouldn't it be better to defrost it while still IN the bag?

I don't know how these compare but they often have free postage deals and that is good for stocking up on consumables

Does anyone know the brands of the small commercial machines so I can keep an eye out for one second hand as a lot of small food businesses are going bust at the minute?

If anyone can tell me the difference betwen different brands or what to look for I'd appreciate it?

http://www.soldsmart.com.au/l3.aspx?goods=VS0215

http://www.oo.com.au/search.cfm?Sear...eywords=sealer

hi i got one on the net from deals direct a couple years ago for 99 dol we use the sunbeam bags no worries you can get them from kmart or myer my parents take it in the van as well gets heaps use