Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best beach fishing reels

Re: Best beach fishing reels

Best reels for surf fishing. gotta be an alvey. ahhahahaha. I have 4 which i use on my 4 surf/rock outfits. Saying that, it is bait fishing. Ive used spinning reels in the past, as you have found out, yes they do get clogged with sand. Dont get something with a bait runner, they are a recipe for disaster on the sand. TSS4's are good if you can get them. maybe something like an opus bull would be good too.

cheeers

Owen

I have tha sealine bull 6000, besides the weight I have found it to be great for spinning and bait fishing. Just waiting to try it out on a big jewie
    Maybe you could try the 4500? They have a sealed drag and body to help that little bit more too.

Cheers, Mick.

I know some of the boys in SA use a reel called a se######in, ugly looking reel that is again very simple and casts a mile, but ive me any 4000+ size shimano reel anyday!

Yellowbeard,

I too am a beach fisherman after tailor. What size or should say weight in grams are the Kokada Roger lures. I've used radiers but they don't seem to do the job

With the raiders I removed the treble hooks and replaced them with stingers i.e. barrel swivel with 2 4/0 ganged hooks.

Peter

long rod with a 6" alvey