Thread: Compact Speargun ?

Compact Speargun ?

I am looking for a compact pneumatic speargun I believe their are a few in the market.

Does anyone have any recommendations for something like this ?

It is sort of for spearfishing, we are planning an extended trip round Australia in a caravan and will be camping in remote areas and I would not mind having something legal and small to take with us, just incase

Any shops in Brisbane, the Sunny coast or online for such items ?

Re: Compact Speargun ?

Dug here is a link, i have found them good to me once so they get this link, I have a mate who i used to go spear fishing with, he had a mares i think over 20 years ago, it still works just as well now as it did back then with no replacement parts ever.

http://www.spearfishing.com.au/frame...product_id=783

Just a thought if you have kids and plan to keep the pneumatic spear loaded only a flick of the safety will arm it (you might have to double check me on this, it's been a while) but if you have a rubber gun you can load the spear but without the rubber also armed, it cannot fire.

cheers fnq

Quote Originally Posted by FNQCairns View Post
    Dug here is a link, i have found them good to me once so they get this link, I have a mate who i used to go spear fishing with, he had a mares i think over 20 years ago, it still works just as well now as it did back then with no replacement parts ever.

http://www.spearfishing.com.au/frame...product_id=783

Just a thought if you have kids and plan to keep the pneumatic spear loaded only a flick of the safety will arm it (you might have to double check me on this, it's been a while) but if you have a rubber gun you can load the spear but without the rubber also armed, it cannot fire.

cheers fnq

Thanks for that

I have 2 kids the eldest is 43 the youngest 37

Thanks for thinking about that I have no plans to leave it loaded just handy to know it is available if required.

------------------------------------------
    I also carry half a pickaxe handle in my truck, the only time I have used it was driving out of Kalgoolie one afternoon. There was an emu on the road that had ben hit and left by a truck, it had 2 broken legs.

I could not leave it so stopped dragged it off the road and hit it over the head with the club.

When I got back to the truck Margo said it was strange that no one stopped to help.

I just asked her "If you say a man standing beside the road beating an emu to death with a pickaxe handle, would you stop ?"

PS the shop is in Brisbane

I will have a look when I head down next week :-)

there is a couple on the market, however, they are not very powerful, might be OK for casual spearing where you can get very vry close, but the short spear and lower power, does not make for an accurate, big fish gun.

wooops, double post sorry.

good for crays bream etc... anythign small... im thinking about getting one soon to add to my collection of guns! 1m 1.2m 1.2m 1.6m

I would be more than happy to buy a second hand one if anyone had one lying about ;-)