Thread: Shorncliffe boat-ramp closure

Shorncliffe boat-ramp closure

Hi everybody, for those that don’t already know Sinbad Street boat-ramp at Shorncliffe is closed for eight weeks May- June for renovations.

Went to put boat in there this morning but the ramp was fenced off with a sign of the closure details on it.

Dave

Re: Shorncliffe boat-ramp closure

Someone had a spill there, so they decided to renovate. I thought it was pretty good ramp as is

what ramp is that the 1 near the little jetty

shane

The good ramp near the co-op. They engineering firm has been pouring slabs in the carpark for a few weeks now. I would be very interested in the end result, I cant quite figure out what they are doing with those slabs!

Yeah, it's a good ramp.................shame about the lowlifes that hang around the car park though. The one at the mouth of cabbage tree is safer..............it's always busy there with the chippy customers.

kev

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

Thats good as i always use the one near the mouth it's a bugger going to the other 1 at 6 kn

shane

Gday,

Nothing wrong with the ramp, but I'm pleased to see some of my rego money going somewhere!

Talked to a young bloke working there yesterday at the ramp. They are extending the ramp to make it better on the low tides and are putting a walkway out in the middle of it ala southerner style.

He also said they are doing the Baxter's Jetty ramp next.

Wish they would do the VMR ramp, it has been buggered for ages and they cant get a grant to fix it!

Cheers,
    Myles

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
    Gday,

Nothing wrong with the ramp, but I'm pleased to see some of my rego money going somewhere!

Talked to a young bloke working there yesterday at the ramp. They are extending the ramp to make it better on the low tides and are putting a walkway out in the middle of it ala southerner style.

He also said they are doing the Baxter's Jetty ramp next.

Wish they would do the VMR ramp, it has been buggered for ages and they cant get a grant to fix it!

Cheers,
    Myles

i Have to totaly agree, i too wish they would fix it i may use it more then.

VMR ramp is being addressed now. Cost to repair it (cap and extend) is $26k. We are currently trying to obtain grants to get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by D-a-v-e View Post
    Hi everybody, for those that don’t already know Sinbad Street boat-ramp at Shorncliffe is closed for eight weeks May- June for renovations.

Went to put boat in there this morning but the ramp was fenced off with a sign of the closure details on it.

Dave
    Noticed today they have extended the completion date from June to July.

Dave

Can anybody tell me what Baxter's Jetty ramp is like?

I was considering launching my 15.5 ft cuddycab there.

Dave

your on the sand at low tide, its hard though, current rips through on the bigger tides, have launched my 6m boat there at low. as the other was unuasable at such a low tide.

If there is two of you baxters ramp is fine just a bit steeper than the other ramp.

Andrew