Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: New 4 x 4 dual cab ?

Re: New 4 x 4 dual cab ?

Look at the tare weight of vehicle you want to tow with this is what is important and the d40 navara stands out by a mile also if yo want to be able to carry a adult in the back seat this is the only one that does it

I think you'll find that the triton have the biggest room at the back .
    At Heaven's gate a soldier stood,
    his story ready to tell,
    St Peter said, 'no need my son all is understood,
    Go right in cos you've already served your time in Hell'

http://www.ahgqld.com.au/payload_calculator.php

should settle any arguement.

Payloads vary a LOT between models in a lineup - so say 'navaras carry most' can be proven or disproven depending on the vehicle models compared.

GCM can be calculated after adding the rest of the sh!t one carries in the ute, then the rest is what the car can tow.

I agree with manchild - triton has the biggest back seat legroom.

Triton has the biggest cabin/backseat room by far, but the tray length is the downfall!

Hi Phil
    i have been looking at same colarado, price up here in cairns $40000 no bullbar no winch no snorkel. the price we pay living in paradise
    all the best
    ped

sold my POS new model D4D Hilux DC after 3 years and bought an old Nissan Patrol I was a Hilux man for 24 years

hated not being able to unlock front hubs so I could use low range to do hill starts with the boat (boat ramps) or van on (and they are both way lighter than Re-bait )

it was geared all wrong in the manual version, 1st and reverse meant slipping the clutch all the time, add the way it is electronically controlled not to give you power down low in the rev range and it was a pig

a chip will help this problem though

also an automatic fixes the problem as the auto lets the revs come up before power is applied to the drive line (I test drove an auto in soft sand and it is a diff car)

Great shopping trolley though

cheers Murf

Give ya $3000 for the white submarine
    I'll just duck now
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

OK, had the only ' serious ' dealership come out today and look over the " white submarine " ??

NO response yet, as I expect one via email.

The guys noted how clean and paintless the interior was and the general condition of the car considering the 224,000 k's .

All options were noted. I think, maybe forgot to tell them about the remote central locking.

We'll wait now. When trade / changeover is sorted, we can then talk finance.

I'll take the Yankie rate...... 1% or is it less, atm ?????

Now, just to know how to get the front hubs to work manually

phill

Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

phil..get an extra cab..plenty of room in the back without losing all the tray space..AND..I know you want to say that word...deep down you really want to say it..you have been keen to say it for ages..now is the time..HI LUX...unbreakable.

can't do it Greg. I take the ' troops ' in the back for extended work commitments out west and up north.

Whether the Low Lux is unbreakable or not,,,, well I reckon I could break it, is not my point.

They are a very capable vehicle, but for my purposes they have too many things against them.

1... price

2. payload

3. tow capacity

Toyo's ask a price that most are prepared to pay and I am the first to admit their re-sale is best of all. I am not looking at the re-sale side of things.

I actually need a vehicle in between the Patrol / Cruiser and the Hi-lux / Navara, but in a dual cab.

There is a thing called the Tundra, but they are only available in Yankie Land.

http://www.toyota.com/tundra/

Now there's a thought. Aussie dollar is at .78 and rising.

Phill

Phil..one of my apprentices is 6'3 and he sat in the back of mine to Rocky and back..he whinged but who cares..he is an apprentice..LOL

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    Phil..one of my apprentices is 6'3 and he sat in the back of mine to Rocky and back..he whinged but who cares..he is an apprentice..LOL
    Why didn't you shove him in a duct box and shove him in the back and rope him in. Plenty of leg room there.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    There is a thing called the Tundra, but they are only available in Yankie Land.

http://www.toyota.com/tundra/

Now there's a thought. Aussie dollar is at .78 and rising.

Phill
    Phill,

Maquarie 4x4 in Sydney now import the Tundra and Nissan Titan (a jumbo D40) not sure if they are new units or low Km second hand. They had an add in the last 4wd Action mag.

FWIW, I have just recently changed from a 99 Disco to a 2007 CR Diesel Rodeo dualcab and so far very happy, we have done about 6K kays in it so far with a couple of off road trips and just got back from dragging the tinny up to Mondy for a week.

My opinions are it tows very well, would pull the tinny (very heavy 3.7 edgy with 25 4 stroke batts underfloor fuel etc) and loaded tray well into license loosing territory up and down hill if needed, had plenty of torque at the legal limit to maintain top gear on most inclines without loosing revs (around the 2000-2200 rpm mark for 100-110kph) economy was around the 11.5 to 12.5 region towing at those speeds. Mine is an auto and you will use a little less in a manual.
    Cheers Glen,

One Life, What will you catch next!

Come on Phill im very careful with my trucks when buying but even i made my mind up .Whats it gonna be?I found it that more people you talking to the more confusing it gets.Have you rang Chop?
    George
    At Heaven's gate a soldier stood,
    his story ready to tell,
    St Peter said, 'no need my son all is understood,
    Go right in cos you've already served your time in Hell'

Haven't rang choppa, but got ' valuation ' from the dealer today ffffttttt !

Looks like we'll have to ' discus ' this further.

I am almost there, don't rush me......