Thread: 2009 Wivenhoe Kayak & Canoe Fishing Convention

Thumbs up 2009 Wivenhoe Kayak & Canoe Fishing Convention

The date for the 2009 Wivenhoe Kayak & Canoe Fishing Convention is 99% chance to be September 12 & 13.

More info will follow in the coming weeks on entry fees etc. Please hold on booking camp sites until 100% confirmed, I won't be responsible for anyone needing to cancel bookings. Also I'm yet to confirm the discount for competitors.

Again, there will be fantastic prizes on offer. An Ocean Kayak will again be the main prize.

As in 2008, monies raised will go toward the Fish Management Program.

Format
    There will be a few changes from last year. This time the fishing session on Saturday will be shorter with afternoon activities planned at Logans Inlet including a Show N Shine where everyone will be asked tp bring their kayak / canoe into the central field so everyone can ask questions & check out the modifications of each others rig. Group photo. This will flow into a Saturday night BBQ & then a slide show of the days captures on a big screen. The intent it to make it a more social event & give better information.

An invite is extended to Kayak Clubs members to attend & to bring along their clubs information (membership info etc). There is also the opportunity for two clubs to host a BBQ on friday & saturday nights (one night each) to raise some funds for thier respective clubs. Please contact me personally to take up this offer.

I hope to have more information, flyers & entry forms ready before Sanctuary Cove Boat Show.

I've got a busy schedule in the coming weeks, if you could please post any questions to the link below as this information is on several forums. It will help consolidate the questions that need replying to and others may have already have asked the same question.

http://www.sweetwaterfishing.com.au/...p?topic=3949.0

I'm sure Mr & Mrs Ausfish (& many other Ausfishers) will be there again this year. I'd love to see you there. In 2008 we had 65 entrants, I'm hoping for over 100 this year & to exceed the $1316.00 raised for the Fish Restocking Program.

If anyone would like to jump in as a sponsor, please contact me direct.

Regards,

Garry Fitzgerald
    Organiser
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

Re: 2009 Wivenhoe Kayak & Canoe Fishing Convention

Thanks Garry,

right in the middle of the AF Agnes 1770 M & G......

Sounds like a great event.

How's the stocking programs going now the dams are back in full swing ?

Cheers Phill

Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Re: 2009 Wivenhoe Kayak & Canoe Fishing Convention

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Thanks Garry,

right in the middle of the AF Agnes 1770 M & G......

Sounds like a great event.

How's the stocking programs going now the dams are back in full swing ?

Cheers Phill

G'Day Phill,

Mate the restocking is on-going each year. The only time any place isn't stocked is during extremely low water levels. In this case, Wivenhoe & Somerset haven't been effected so have been stocked each year even through the drought.

It takes 10 years or more to get a 50cm bass so its important to keep the fish going in each year.

Last years event raised $1316.00 for fish restocking. We're hoping to double that this year.

September is good for this event as the bass are still in their winter feeding mode & its not too hot on the water for paddling. Also the arvo Sou Easters aren't kicking in as much by then.

Mate its a great event at a great venue.

Cheers,

fitzy..
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au