Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Next 4wdM&G - Condamine Gorge - SATURDAY - 30th May

Re: Next 4wdM&G - Condamine Gorge - 30th May??

Quote Originally Posted by wags on the water View Post
    I don't think I like your tone of voice matey.... Do you wish to be my navigator/negotiator/guide??
    How do you know what my tone of voice is??
    I thought I am only whispering when I'm trying to spell and type and read .

As for me been Christopher Columbus again...no way in hell with shotguns aimed over the corner straining posts

Here's some pictures I took years ago.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    Don't forget you'll be in hillbilly country though and they have guns for bunny protection and they do not like their roads ripped up by city fella's wanting to get the 4bee dirty.
    So what are you trying to say. Their going to try and threaten us with guns, for driving on public road ? I beleive thats called 'Going armed in public to cause fear' and im sure we'll all have camera's to obtain evidence of said crime.

Re: Next 4wdM&G - Condamine Gorge - SATURDAY - 30th May

Yeah, fair enough the gun thing might be a bit over the top but what I am trying to say is to be respectful of this road as it is the only road to a lot of properties.
    I have done work on a few of these properties and the people are the salt of the earth.
    They'll usually go out of their way to show people the beauty of their area but when people come and rip up their road, oh correction there... council owned, road then they get shirty really quickly.
    This road is neglected by the council and property owners have done maintenance work to it with their own machines and materials so their own life can be a bit easier and safer.

Just because you can does not always mean you should.

As a comparison...how would you feel if the last 30km or 50km of the road to your house was ripped up and just graded (no bitumen) and when it rained yobbo's come with their registered trail bikes and just ran up and down ripping the begeesus out of it...and then the local council did/would/could not fix it for 2 years??
    The residences of this road, and a lot of other rural roads in the Warwick Regional Council area, face this dilemma all the time unless the council have really pulled their socks up...but I doubt it.

When you see a sign that says dry weather road or boggy when wet usually means please don't use it when it's wet for good reason.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Scotty, I am looking for a navi ????????

I promise there won't be any " mid road donuts " , " handbrake slides " or " submarine acts "......

Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Scott, I know what you are saying. I have spoken to a few different people on different forums (I am a member on these other forums) about the conditions and the locals. I can assure these locals that we intend to do what other road users would and have already done and drive on it to get from A to B.

On a different subject......

I've had just about enough of the knockers on this site whether it be in the fishing section or not. If you are going to continually 'bag the sh!t' out of peoples' posts then you will find.........like it's happened already..........that members just won't share their reports anymore.

My rant over....and more than 2c worth..

Scott,

Thanks for your photos. I am looking forward to taking photographs of the waterfalls in full swing.

Cheers,
    Wags

I am still looking for a navigator, or heaven forbid, I let YOU drive the Million Dollar Nissan.

I am happy to sit in the passenger seat...............

Phill

Scott, I know what you are saying. I have spoken to a few different people on different forums (I am a member on these other forums) about the conditions and the locals. I can assure these locals that we intend to do what other road users would and have already done and drive on it to get from A to B.

On a different subject......

I've had just about enough of the knockers on this site whether it be in the fishing section or not. If you are going to continually 'bag the sh!t' out of peoples' posts then you will find.........like it's happened already..........that members just won't share their reports anymore.

wow..someone hit a nerve on that one. I don;t whinge about country people coming to Brisbane and driving on the roads or slowing traffic down because they don't know where they are going. I live in this country also and if they are public roads then we are all entitled to drive on them.

Myself and Mrs Pinhead and possibly Flea will probably be going along for a look around.

Flea's quote of the day " Are most of them that are going driving standard vehicles other than Phill's $300,000 Navara? "

Flea may be interested in going as passenger with you Phill...he is going to confrim this evening if he is going for sure..at least that would alleviate me having to put up with his waffling on about Nissans...blah blah blah

I'd be happy to have him along Greg.

Your ears may be burning as well as other Toyota drivers LOL.

I guess your refering to Timiboy he always bagging your fishing ability Wags
    Alcohol doesn't agree with me, but i sure do enjoy the argument!!!

Unfortuantely Flea won't be going now Phill.

Finally made my mind up. I wont be coming along on this one. Am going to watch the fast car's on Mt Cootha instead. Have a good trip and cant wait to see the photos.

Phill
    All I want is to catch MORE legal fish!

Also have a good trip from me. I have to bail on my virgin Fourby trip. Been told I have to work tomorrow morning for half a day.

Cant really say no being the boss and all that.

Not happy but thats life as someone once said. Next one is mine I dont care if Huey himself wants me to work. Enjoy the day guys, I'll be thinking of you.

Mike

From what I can see the starters are:

Wags on the Water - Prado
    Timiboy - 200 Series Cruiser
    Catfishkid - HiLux
    SummerTrance - Pajero
    Fozzy - Prado
    Nicko - Pajero
    Lucky_Phill - Navara
    PinHead - ?
    Whynott - Patrol
    thedeckie - ?

Have I missed anyone ?