Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Next 4wdM&G - Condamine Gorge - SATURDAY - 30th May

Re: Next 4wdM&G - Condamine Gorge - 30th May??

Mike,

I'm not sure if you have already mentioned it, but for my benefit can you tell me what type of car you now terrorise the supermarket carparks with?

Cheers,
    Wags

If i'm not working i'll be very keen to do this trip. I have a '90 Pajero and a bit of off road experience however dont have a UHF. You guys think i should be getting one?

Hey Nicko, Not absolutly necessary as you can easily follow everyone, but its good to be in radio contact with the group. Plus you get to hear all the humerous banter going on, and hear wags and timi bicker like an old husband & wife

Quote Originally Posted by SummerTrance View Post
    Hey Nicko, Not absolutly necessary as you can easily follow everyone, but its good to be in radio contact with the group. Plus you get to hear all the humerous banter going on, and hear wags and timi bicker like an old husband & wife

That's not nice Marc . Who ended up giving Tim a radio when we were in the same car????? He may have well been in the back seat.

Come along Nicko. It's a great day out.

Wags

Quote Originally Posted by wags on the water View Post
    Even Tim can do it.........

sorry Tim - I'm in one of those stiring moods again....

Thats when he isnt getting stuck and being recovered.
    Wags dont apologise,tim gives as good as he gets
    I will have to look and maybe juggle a few things but I should be in.

Cheers Craig
    If you always do what you've always done
    You'll always get what you've always got

Even Tim can do it.........

sorry Tim - I'm in one of those stiring moods again....
    Make sure Mumsey has got the crochet hook.

Rod
    My dictionary defines green as ‘unripe, immature, undeveloped'. Perfect description.

Most political parties are seen as interested in what the voters think, the Greens are seen as thinking the community should be interested in what they think.

OK, that's enough. Be

QUIET!

Condamine Gorge will be full of water on Sunday if this bloody weather keeps up...

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Quote Originally Posted by nicko_ View Post
    If i'm not working i'll be very keen to do this trip. I have a '90 Pajero and a bit of off road experience however dont have a UHF. You guys think i should be getting one?
    Nicko,

If you don't want to go to all the expense of getting a cb style uhf in the car, just go down to Tandy, Dick Smith, JB, etc. and get a hand held job. They are cheap as chips and work just as well when you are in convoy.

As Marc said, they are not a neccessity but they do come in very handy. They are great for getting instructions from people on the outside when doing difficult sections of track or being recovered etc.

If you don't have one, some of the more serious 4wders (and some who like to pretend we are) will have a spair hand held uhf in their glove box which they may be willing to lend for day trips. Makes the trip more interesting, doesn't it Tim. .

Just my 2 cents,

Phill
    All I want is to catch MORE legal fish!

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post

Condamine Gorge will be full of water on Sunday if this bloody weather keeps up...

Cheers,

Tim
    As for this trip, I am still very undecided. I really don't like the idea of water, well my car doesn't like the idea anyway. I was nearly ready to lay it on the line and make the call to come until this rain. Oh well. there is still nearly 2 weeks in which to make the decision.

Phill
    All I want is to catch MORE legal fish!

Phil, I'm not a fan of deep water after my submarine effort west of Mackay in Feb, so I'll be keeping an eye on the weather too. I may even get a chance to do the run midweek next week.

Cheers,

Wags

If you are going to buy the ' el cheapo ' handheld UHF from a elec retailer, at least buy Lithium Batteries for it.

link here for stuff :-

http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.st...uct/View/S3241

http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.st...uct/View/D2084

http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.st...uct/View/D1962

I have something like this:-

http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.st...uct/View/D2082

Phill

Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 19-05-2009 at 03:52 PM.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Thanks Phill i'll be checkin those out for sure.

The Condamine run is usually quite easy and gental, just a small bit of rough coming out of the eastern end Gorge. The water crossings have been "filled" with rock/rubble by the Council to make it a safer crossing. This might help too, its the river heights http://www.bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/wrap_fwo.pl?IDQ60293.html.

Ohh the link on the first page to 4x4earth.com.au was posted by me, wife and I have done the trip a few times now, nice run through there. Mate has done it quite easy in a Delica.

Mike,

I'm not sure if you have already mentioned it, but for my benefit can you tell me what type of car you now terrorise the supermarket carparks with?

Cheers,
    Wags
    The badges on the guard say:

Navara ST-R 3.0DI

Other than that I can tell you its a Nissan Navara, Dual Cab 4 x 4 Diesel. .......... thats as far as my fourby knowkledge goes WAGS.

Mike

Bloody hell Mike.

Get a snatch strap and you can pull some of the others out.

Have fun.

Rod.
    My dictionary defines green as ‘unripe, immature, undeveloped'. Perfect description.

Most political parties are seen as interested in what the voters think, the Greens are seen as thinking the community should be interested in what they think.