Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Next 4wdM&G - Condamine Gorge - SATURDAY - 30th May

Re: Next 4wdM&G - Condamine Gorge - 30th May??

Last throw of the dice for me as it wouldn't be too far away from goin back to work. I have my 12 week xrays on the 26th then see the surgeon the same day and hopefully pass the work medical and earn a livin again.

All my goodies (4wd mods) should be workin by then too.

I'm in, and Mumsy's coming too!!!

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    I'm in, and Mumsy's coming too!!!

Cheers,

Tim

It should be a great day. I believe there's no "A Break" hills, so we won't have to pull fingernails out of the dash..........

So now the date is set, would anyone be interested in camping the night down that way somewhere? It's a fair old hike to get down there for just one day's play.
    All I want is to catch MORE legal fish!

is this the one youre talking about doing here? and is it a one day trip.out early satdy morning home satdy night?

http://www.4x4earth.com.au/4wdtracks...ndamine-gorge/

I think that's the one Mike.

Phil - not sure about an overnighter.

I have to do a little homework on this trip. A mate from the gold coast did it in one day. I'll give him a ring later on.

I am reluctant to do a trip like that Wags, being a newbie. Maybe whe i have experience

Mike

it isn't very far for a day trip...that should be an easy trip Mike....go for it

Come along Marlin Mike, you'll be fine. The trip should be a relatively easy (and very scenic) drive, but the 14 creek crossings will make it interesting. The water shouldnt be very deep and wont cause any dramas. You can watch the lines the rest of us take, and follow. If worse comes to worse (but it wont) we'll be right there to snatch you out in a flash.

Hi Wags.

I will get to one of these one day soon.

That weekend is a nieces 21st in Murgon.

I had a look at the site Marlin Mike put up and Im sure I did that one 25 years ago. A mate lived at Boonah so we started from there one morning, around the bottom of Maroon dam, crossed the border a couple of times and had lunch at Queen Mary falls.

If I remember right there were some creek crossings and a few reasonable climbs. Didnt need to use 4wd in the old Crusier ute though.

Can be done comfortably in one day from Brisbane.

Have fun.
    Keep organizing. Ill get to one eventually.

Rod.
    My dictionary defines green as ‘unripe, immature, undeveloped'. Perfect description.

Most political parties are seen as interested in what the voters think, the Greens are seen as thinking the community should be interested in what they think.

The Condamine trip does take about 3 hours (this info taken from 4wd forum today). The run from my place to the Dugandan pub ( possible meeting place) takes, according to Travelmate mapmaker, about 1 &1/2 hrs.

For those with a passion for fishing, I believe the Maroon Dam is close by....

I could be a starter Wags. As you know, this is always work dependant.

Mike, 4 x 4 offroad stuff is not rocket science and we ( the AF gumbies ) always take care and have so far not had any incidents that warrant a mention.

I have given you a place to do a offroad course, but seriously, a 1/2 hour chat and test drive will have you driving like Colin McCrae in no time. Once you get used to what a 4 x 4 can do, you'll be chomping at the bit to get out bush more.

Important to have a UHF though. IMO.

Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Colin McCrae? Is he related to Russell Coight???????? Just kidding LOL

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Marlin_Mike View Post
    Colin McCrae? Is he related to Russell Coight???????? Just kidding LOL

Mike
    The late great Colin Mcrae could drive those roads in a 2 wheel drive and bloody fast...one of the greatest steerers ever.

Well Mike..you committing yourself to going on that M&G ?????

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    I could be a starter Wags. As you know, this is always work dependant.

Mike, 4 x 4 offroad stuff is not rocket science and we ( the AF gumbies ) always take care and have so far not had any incidents that warrant a mention.

I have given you a place to do a offroad course, but seriously, a 1/2 hour chat and test drive will have you driving like Colin McCrae in no time. Once you get used to what a 4 x 4 can do, you'll be chomping at the bit to get out bush more.

Important to have a UHF though. IMO.

Phill

Even Tim can do it.........

sorry Tim - I'm in one of those stiring moods again....