Thread: surf and turf

surf and turf

anyone got a good recipe for a sauce to top the prawns on my new york sirloin?

Re: surf and turf

In a saucepan, Pour in a can of coke (I Kid you not).
    Add half a cup of tomato sauce(I Kid you not)

This is the BASE

You simmer the liquid down until it has the thickness you want.

Now for surf and turf:

To the base you could add: Sake, Rice vinegar, Oyster sauce, Fish sauce, Hickory smoke water (I you like BBQ) , Chinese five spice,
    Thers more , And not all at once.
    Only a little of the after base flavours or it will be over the top.
    Or in the case of sake, Mix half base and half sake to make a jus.

IMO there is only one sauce for reef and beef and that is Garlic cream sauce!

In a pan or preferably small pot.

Start by adding a tablespoon of olive oil and set to medium temp.
    Add in a teaspoon of crushed garlic.
    Once the Garlic starts to sizzle add in 500ml (or more if feeding more) of pure cream.
    Once the cream starts to boil add in 1/4 cup of dry white wine and 2 more teaspoons of crushed garlic.
    Stir until it comes to the boil again then turn the heat down so it is just simmering and leave it until it starts to thicken right up. Once it starts to thicken taste to see if it needs a little more garlic or white wine.

A couple more minutes and pour over steak and prawns. This goes great with bugs too.

Cheers

Chris
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

I like the garlic sauce as well. You can also add some parmasan at the end and i sometimes also stick in some hot paprika. I use this for sauces over fish and also like it with prawns and scallops mixed into it and spoon it into mushroom cups and grill with some bread crumbs and parma over the top.

I use the BBQ hot plate while I am cooking the steak on the grill section.
    I use the squeeze tubes because its easy.Heat the plate to extreme,throw on prawns,scallops,calamari(I often use all three),then squeeze on a generous amount of garlic,some ginger and lemon grass,cook for about 1 to 1.5 minutes,then pour on some cream and give a toss with barbi mate(Spatula),remove and spoon over the top of your steak,my mates love this one.

Cheers Craig
    If you always do what you've always done
    You'll always get what you've always got

I must admit l'm a fan of the garlic sause to.
    Or you could cook your prawns in sweet chilli sause and poor over the steak .
    QUICK EASY AND CLEARS THE SINUSES.