Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: courtesy on the dams

Re: courtesy on the dams

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    simple solution..ban all outboards on all the dams..end of problem
    hmmm spot the recent kayak convert

On the larger dams this would not be very sensible though from a safety point of view - ever fished awoonga in a strong wind?

If we want to be extreme, better still that we remove all the dams and wiers and then we can fish for these species in their native environment! (I did say extreme, and know this would be impractical)

And now back to the topic........

Cheers
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by A_DIFF_PERSPECTIVE View Post
    Well, ya gotta start somewhere. If ya don't start the ball rolling, it just lies there. I'm starting, its up to everyone to do their bit in the big circle of things. One step at a time.
    Full steam ahead!! I'll get stickers started, and hands up anyone who wants to secure an area and see that it gets a clear message attached.
    JM

Totally agree mate... Hey what if there is some sort of small high lighted flag we can put on our boat that stands out to symbolises a fisherman fishing, and then document it in the A4 sign so novices no what they are looking for and can take the appropriate action?

Just looking ahead really.... I will see rob and kel see if its ok with them to put up a poster in the kiosk and kitchens?

ALREADY A-WAKE!

we should all just display a diver below flag so that anyone entering your area under power is breaking the law and you can tell them where to go legitimately.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    Fair Dinkum Mate.......Is that your name
    yep..it is..and the "less' has been deleted from your name I would guess???

You are all looking for solutions..obviously some do not fit your idea of what to do but some like to keep their mind closed to other ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
    hmmm spot the recent kayak convert

On the larger dams this would not be very sensible though from a safety point of view - ever fished awoonga in a strong wind?

If we want to be extreme, better still that we remove all the dams and wiers and then we can fish for these species in their native environment! (I did say extreme, and know this would be impractical)

And now back to the topic........

Cheers
    Tony
    still have the power boat also Tony..but I won't yak on any dam where there are power boats..my temperment would not be suited to some situations that could arise there.

You are all looking for solutions..obviously some do not fit your idea of what to do but some like to keep their mind closed to other ideas.

Not really a practical idea now is it, long paddle up to H. You appear to be an ideas man, what else do you have? As a yaker, you would have encountered lack of courtesy by others?

Nath, Im with you, a step in the right direction would be a laminated A4 size with dot points, stick em up in camp kitchens, fish display shed (would MASDA allow that Steve?), notice board at kiosk. Im not familiar with the set up of other impoundments (Awoonga, Callide, Faust, Tinao, Teembura, etc etc), would that work there?
    The dot points ned to be short, concise and goose proof, and could include best handling, re-inforcement of bag and size limits, and common courtesy tips.
    What about placing a tag on your Ausfish signature, plenty of people obviously read, but dont necessarilly regularly post in here. The signature can be a quick introduction for new fishos as to some kind of idea on protocol. Dont be rude and tell every one to p#ss off, that wont get the correct message out.

It seems I've hit a sensitive chord "Pinhead" I guess I could remove a word and add another if I wanted to shoot you down.....But I'm not going to insult you unlike your attempt toward me.......Im not going to turn this into a slanging match as I don't have to... Unfortunatedly your idea of banning all O/B's is not a realistic idea given the distances involved......If you have been to Monduran or Awoonga you would know just how large these Impoundments are.......If you have other suggestions please go ahead......Your new friend Whitto
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

i don't have any sensitive chords..but does anyone think that anyone will really take any notice of some stickers...they don't anywhere else.

What is wrong with using electrics instead of OB's? No Ob's on Wivenhoe and no one complains.

A new friend..you bewdy..send address..i am just down trhe road...and make sure the beer fridge is full.

Make note ot self...add Whitt to Xmas card mailing list

i don't have any sensitive chords..but does anyone think that anyone will really take any notice of some stickers...they don't anywhere else.

What is wrong with using electrics instead of OB's? No Ob's on Wivenhoe and no one complains.

A new friend..you bewdy..send address..i am just down trhe road...and make sure the beer fridge is full.

Make note ot self...add Whitt to Xmas card mailing list
    PINHEAD
    Mate there is no way a electric will be as efective on a dam of such vastness, it take me 30 mins with a 15hp yammy to get to a few select spot in the B arm to get to the two mile add another 15 minutes to H another 5 to ten on that to F well just keep adding put that with 10 to 15 knott winds good chance you will blow back on the ramp, nice on smaller dams like lenthalls borumba but these suckers nope, I guess its fine if you were to taget Basin fish, or schooling bass but not pratical at all when wanting to hit the timber. Awoonga yeah it would be just plain dangerous, if you got caught out in the arvo SE you may not get back in..... Mondy is a big dam probably take a day to get to H and a few batteries

Nath

A few years ago, we droped into the mostly dry condermine river at cecil plains.
    Found a few holes around 30 meters round. Threw a lure in and you could see the yellas from all direction hitting the lure. After a few releases and plenty of noise, they went quiet. We moved onto the next hole further on, same thing. We later moved back to the holes we hit previously, same hits. Proves that the more noise you make the fish go off.

Quote Originally Posted by hkconc View Post
    A few years ago, we droped into the mostly dry condermine river at cecil plains.
    Found a few holes around 30 meters round. Threw a lure in and you could see the yellas from all direction hitting the lure. After a few releases and plenty of noise, they went quiet. We moved onto the next hole further on, same thing. We later moved back to the holes we hit previously, same hits. Proves that the more noise you make the fish go off.
    What it proves Mate is that the yellas are Land locked and have a poor food source....You could have thrown a hook with a piece of rag attached and caught fish......nothing to do with noise at all.
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Fishing a comp once, I got spot jumped by a couple of peanuts.

They'd broken the comp rules by coming inside a cast length, a subtle hint of a lure flying past one guys nose did nothing to disuade them, neither did a few polite words which I was replied to with "do you think you own the f#%king water?".

Just then I pulled my 2nd fish, pulled out the seat pole & belted it on the side of my tinnie half a dozen times before leaving. It achieved little, but at the time it made me feel better knowing I'd scattered the fish in the area thus making their efforts to spot jump a wast of time. Was happy to see a big ZERO on the scoreboard for both of them later that day.

It gets back to original thinkers & sheep who just blindly follow.

Cheers,

fitz..
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

Does anyone have any more slogans or short points to add for use on a sticker or A4 sheet?

JM i reckon one of your oldies is a goody.

Boat motors are extremely good at scaring fish.

Maybe add this as well.

Dropping sinkers, rods & anchors against the hull scares fish away from you and everyone else around you. This makes the fishing harder for everyone.

Cheers Lyndon

turn up the stereo I love ###### fm !!!