Thread: Windorah Info

Windorah Info

Well we're off to widorah again to fish coopers creek and after any recent fishing reports.We should be there at the end of june so hopefully the water has settled from the floods a while back.

Re: Windorah Info

well i am the bloke to ask as i live there.
    the river has settled down nice after the floods but we still get the odd little rise now and then.
    been plenty of yellas and bream caught lately on shrimps and yabbies which are getting hard to catch since it has been getting colder, the flies are thick at the moment so dont forget the aeroguard. cheers andy

Kill a few of those flies for me as I will be there in 5 weeks time.

How is the road from Jundah to Windorah I have an outback van and will be coming from that way..

the road from jundah is good tar all the way, as for the flies you kill one and 5 come to the funeral. cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Noha View Post
    the road from jundah is good tar all the way, as for the flies you kill one and 5 come to the funeral. cheers
    Thanks for that as my map shows the the Thompson Developement raod as unsealed but the map is 2000 vintage so it looks like I need an update, looks like it will be the black stuff for most of the trip.

Yes I know about the flies I have spent some time in the Diamantina country.

Thanks andy for your tips.Feel free to share more news when it happens.I just hope the cold kills the flies before we get there.

1 more thing andy what's the price of fuel out there these days.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowcod View Post
    I just hope the cold kills the flies before we get there.
    Don't bet on it I've camped on the Diamantina in the middle of winter and any water left out freezes and right on cue an hour or so after sunrise the flies are back.

God I miss that area,,,I lived in Longreach for a few years and often wish I was still there !

the price of fuel is pretty good at the moment at 1.29 a litre for diesel, petrol is a bit cheaper. stubbies are 4.20 and you will need napalm for the flies. lol

Keep meaning to get out there, my great grandparents are off Whitula Gate and their old homestead is the basis for the local museum.
    Someday!

Goddy

yeah goddy the museum is pretty good , lot of history in this area. cheers

Another one for Noah. Do you know what the road is like into the Welford NP? As I said before I have a small outback van and dirt roads don't worry me but I get a bit sick of endless corrugations. National parks seem to always have poor access roads, I always wonder if that is by design.

spoke to someone that was out there a few days ago and they reckon it was pretty good, they are closing the park for a few days for feral animal control so might pay to ring and find out when that is. we had 20 mm of rain out here yd. cheers