Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: courtesy on the dams

Re: courtesy on the dams

Quote Originally Posted by darylive View Post
    I have long thought a protocols sign at the boat ramp would be good thing.

Maybe a donation / pass the hat at the muster would fund it. The local committee could organize it or not?

Then again if these idiots are devoid of common sense perhaps it is pointless?
    They have to have the ability to read b4 your plan will work Dazz, good in theory though.
    Pete.

gee's I remember No.1 did it to me a awoonga after I steaked a bay out for two hours he just cruised right on in and then after a couple of cast (literally) cruised back out and said got any yet I got three, um I didn't reply he kicked the big horse into gear and rocket off and I just started pissing meself as my mate started speaking in swahili didn't realise he was a serial offender!!!

I have no idea who this No 1 is...?

Its ignorance, pure and simple ignorance of the impact there noisy presence has.

PM sent Rob.........you proberbly got 6 PM's......Whitto
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Perhaps a simple sticker on your boat, car and trailer, to be seen by the hundreds would paint a firm picture. You could write whatever slogan you want on the sticker. It is a much nicer way to get the point across, 24/7 to all and sundry who fish the lakes. Many boaties have no idea they are doing 'wrong' in another angler's eyes. Stealth fisherman are the minority. It is up to the minority to teach, or share that point with the majority.
    I like the sticker idea; been thinking about it for a while.
    On the water, when we are charter fishing, working - I do not wave to anyone who crosses the line in a big way. They may wonder why I don't wave, but atleast then they are wondering. ( I also don't see everyone, so don't think i'm snobbin ya.)
    Secondly, I have not made it habit, on charter, to stop mid lake for a chit chat to other boats- this has worked for me over the years, and most seem to keep their distance. Body language on it's own can deter another angler from coming too close.
    I have tried both methods as described in earlier posts on personal trips, and only once on a charter.
    They both work, but they also both backfire. The kindest, gently worded approach I ever used was returned with complete 'abuse' from three men in one boat.

I think we should try stickers, thousands of them.
    A simple sticker with a few friendly ideas may work.
    Example,
    Courtesy on Dams
    1. Quiet is a shared respect- being noisy may get you yelled at.
    2. Keep your distance. Coming too close might get you ..........
    3. Wanna catch a barra? All that noise coming from your boat is like dynamite.
    4. bla bla bla
    It needs refining, but we could print 3000, sell at cost, just to get them circulating.
    Its a simple idea to help solve a possible ongoing problem. Anyone keen to take action, or be involved? Who doesn't read stickers on vehicles? It just needs to catch your eyes.
    Johnny Mitchell

The kindest, gently worded approach I ever used was returned with complete 'abuse' from three men in one boat.
    ....might have been the same boat lol...was 3 in the boat the other day too.
    Good idea there though.

Quote Originally Posted by A_DIFF_PERSPECTIVE View Post
    Perhaps a simple sticker on your boat, car and trailer, to be seen by the hundreds would paint a firm picture. You could write whatever slogan you want on the sticker. It is a much nicer way to get the point across, 24/7 to all and sundry who fish the lakes. Many boaties have no idea they are doing 'wrong' in another angler's eyes. Stealth fisherman are the minority. It is up to the minority to teach, or share that point with the majority.
    On the water, when we are charter fishing, working - I do not wave to anyone who crosses the line in a big way. They may wonder why I don't wave, but atleast then they are wondering. ( I also don't see everyone, so don't think i'm snobbin ya.)
    Secondly, I have not made it habit, on charter, to stop mid lake for a chit chat to other boats- this has worked for me over the years, and most seem to keep their distance. Body language on it's own can deter another angler from coming too close.
    I have tried both methods as described in earlier posts on personal trips, and only once on a charter.
    They both work, but they also both backfire. The kindest, gently worded approach I ever used was returned with complete 'abuse' from three men in one boat.

Example,
    Courtesy on Dams
    4. bla bla bla
    It needs refining, but we could print 3000, sell at cost, just to get them circulating.
    Its a simple idea to help solve a possible ongoing problem. Anyone keen to take action, or be involved? Who doesn't read stickers on vehicles? It just needs to catch your eyes.
    Johnny Mitchell
    Johnny,

I was thinking just that the other day. 90% of imposers dont know what they are doing wrong. A lot of travelling anglers come from built up fishing areas where you have little choice but to fish within close range of one and other. The sticker idea is GREAT....issue it as standard with SIP, at tackle shops, at caravan parks on the lakes etc.....a major sponsor (ie shimano, berkley or madkeen etc) may like to get involved to cover the costs??? its good advertising...have a few basic dot points on ettiquete and relate those points to catching fish....the more boats that have them, the more they will employ stealth tactics....not just on barra dams but everywhere they go....snow ball effect.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Johnny,

I was thinking just that the other day. 90% of imposers dont know what they are doing wrong. A lot of travelling anglers come from built up fishing areas where you have little choice but to fish within close range of one and other. The sticker idea is GREAT....issue it as standard with SIP, at tackle shops, at caravan parks on the lakes etc.....a major sponsor (ie shimano, berkley or madkeen etc) may like to get involved to cover the costs??? its good advertising...have a few basic dot points on ettiquete and relate those points to catching fish....the more boats that have them, the more they will employ stealth tactics....not just on barra dams but everywhere they go....snow ball effect.

Steve
    Steve your and Idea's Man......Straight to the PoolRoom with that.....AAAaaawwww ya can feel the Serinity......On a serious note other than trying to verbally educating some Rooster's a 3 or 4 word in your face Sticker is your only other option......I can think of a few

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    Steve your and Idea's Man......Straight to the PoolRoom with that.....AAAaaawwww ya can feel the Serinity......On a serious note other than trying to verbally educating some Rooster's a 3 or 4 word in your face Sticker is your only other option......I can think of a few
    in your face..??? does that mean we can acctually slap it on their forid when they get to close.????
    God put me on earth to accomplish
    a certain number of things,
    right now i am so far behind
    i will never die.

Quote Originally Posted by DEANO68 View Post
    in your face..??? does that mean we can acctually slap it on their forid when they get to close.????
    YES......with a 4" nail for added security

Quote Originally Posted by A_DIFF_PERSPECTIVE View Post

Example,
    Courtesy on Dams
    4. bla bla bla
    Johnny Mitchell
    I would like to be involved in some way if I can. Here are a few more examples to ponder:

Ssssshhhhhh..........Angler at work

or

If you can read this, you are fishing waaay to close

Perhaps an action plan will come from more ideas.
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Paul, Im liking your work mate!

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Paul, Im liking your work mate!
    Im leaning towards....F**K OFF.....do you think that will work lads

[quo

Perhaps an action plan will come from more ideas.[/quote]

Thats a government saying if I have ever heard of one Paul