Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: courtesy on the dams

Re: courtesy on the dams

Agree with all you said Rob. What's worse is they are probably lousy banjo players as well Or is that their mother's brother's sister's son's mother ??

Many a time on Monduran, we have had this type of experience.....I am not sure if it is ignorance, stupidity, a birth defect or plain old gene deficiency....it still annoys the hell out of ya. We haven't had a stalker for two hours though like you copped

Ben (eotbmg) almost got into fisticuffs with some toss that killed a spot he was fishing in B. Roared past FOP and bad manners doing 10-15 knots in a two stroke, not more than 15 metres away. We could see it unfold from our boat a couple of hundred metres away and almost had to scoot over to intervene. Other times we have had a pair of mental giants motor between us and the bank we were casting to. Grrrr.

Don't know what the solution is, but you did well to stay as calm as you did Rob.

Cheers mate

Paul
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

What's worse is when they know what they are doing. Back in December Kyle & I were working a weedbed that a couple of other guys wanted to fish. For awhile they kept their distance but when it became clear that we weren't leaving, they edged closer and closer using their minn kota, until they were within 20m of us.

I politely asked them to move on but this was ignored by them pretending they could not hear me in the wind (a slight breeze was blowing). Finally a few well placed casts of 130mm slickrigs moved them on....

Of course we then met at the boat ramp and I made the mistake of calling the guys a couple of wankers. We then got into a verbal stoush whereby they justified their tactics by saying "last week during the ABT there were 30 boats around that weedbed". I commented that there is a 50m exclusion zone rule in the ABT which, by the way, finished a week ago.

They then carried on about how travelling anglers didn't have any idea and they, as locals, knew what they were doing....

In the end we agreed to disagree but I was not happy. These guys were cleary experienced barra fishos but didn't give a hoot about others....it certainly soured what was otherwise a good trip.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    It's always going to be a problem Rob......Most people try to do the right thing.....there's always going to be a small percentage of mentally challenged moron's unfortunatedly.....The beauty of Monduran is you can always go elsewhere.....In your case these guys were like a fart in a phone box

Blows your mind when some are respected tournament anglers & another a fishing journalist come tournament angler - number 1 on the water baby

chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Chris,

Never really liked him but I am told he is a okay guy... Talk about noise! I watch the AFC DVD's I have, and I just think everytime hes goes "the jump for joy"... "Well no more fish in that spot...". Is he also a stalker?

You will always have yahoos who need to try and scare the fish out of the water, some that have NO IDEA and some that simply dont care.
    Cheers, Bandit

Tracker Avalanche V18 DC - 175 EFI Mercury OptiMax
    Quintrex 475 TopEnder - 60 EFI Yamaha 4 Stroke

this gets on my nerves, i love it though, they do that and potentially spook fish and then wonder why you didnt look to happy when they wave too you. some people just arnt that curtious are they

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Blows your mind when some are respected tournament anglers & another a fishing journalist come tournament angler - number 1 on the water baby

chris
    Care to elaborate a bit further about what happened Chris??
    Did this happen recently??

Sorry to hijack setthehook,just sounds like there could be an interesting tale to be told

Yep some blokes in boats are set to try us, but at the end of the day they have no idea what they are doing hence the ignorance, I remember a certain fellow who took a few photo's then started his out board and right in our casting range drove away and we boated a fish within 2 minutes.... Go figure???? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by alphas View Post
    Care to elaborate a bit further about what happened Chris??
    Did this happen recently??

Sorry to hijack setthehook,just sounds like there could be an interesting tale to be told
    Not just the once by No1 ....... Sept & March 08

The other, a fishing writer got the message eventually .

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Cool Re: courtesy on the dams

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post
    Yep some blokes in boats are set to try us, but at the end of the day they have no idea what they are doing hence the ignorance, I remember a certain fellow who took a few photo's then started his out board and right in our casting range drove away and we boated a fish within 2 minutes.... Go figure???? LOL

Nath,

There is a school of thought that the fish are drawn or turned on by the motor.

You can test this by motoring up to fishers and asking them.

I personally don't subscribe to that theory so if you see me, just glide in or keep a wide birth.

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

Is it time for us to put together a code of conduct & have the mods put it up as a sticky in freshwater chat !

Just an idea .... a lot of people read these threads.

we can also put it up in the camp kitchens at Mondy & Awoonga ...... just for people to read

Cheers

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Is it time for us to put together a code of conduct & have the mods put it up as a sticky in freshwater chat !

Just an idea .... a lot of people read these threads.

we can also put it up in the camp kitchens at Mondy & Awoonga ...... just for people to read

Cheers

Chris

I have long thought a protocols sign at the boat ramp would be good thing.

Maybe a donation / pass the hat at the muster would fund it. The local committee could organize it or not?

Then again if these idiots are devoid of common sense perhaps it is pointless?

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

Who's hat?

Geez Nath we could all retire if we filled your hat.

I remember that in sept 08 Chris, wasn't too impressed by No1 on the water baby's fish handling technique either.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...
    'Oh Shit.....she's awake'

Quote Originally Posted by themissus View Post
    Geez Nath we could all retire if we filled your hat.

I remember that in sept 08 Chris, wasn't too impressed by No1 on the water baby's fish handling technique either.
    He certainly sees himself as number 1 on the water not impressed alright Kim

Cheers

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post
    Who's hat?
    If we filled "THE HAT" we could run prime time television adds , full page spread in all the major newspapers & have John Laws spruke on the radio for the next 10 years .......... the other half of the funds could build our own barra impoundment

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO