Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Whats your best Tailor recipes

Re: Whats your best Tailor recipes

digging for them now.....should be a shoe in for MIL fish as well. Might even discover a few for some others that I have forgotten over the years.

Greg

I smoke in the webber, I only use 3 or 4 beads. I only want it warm and not cooking hot in there.
    Just place a new bead in to roughly keep the same volume going.

Cheers Greg

I smoke in the webber, I only use 3 or 4 beads. I only want it warm and not cooking hot in there.
    Just place a new bead in to roughly keep the same volume going.
    I have been wanting too use a lot less beads and sort of cold smoke them. What you are doing sounds good. How long do you smoke them for. When i did some trout OS they took about 4 hours from memory which is a bit sketchy. Does it take this sort of time. Also when you add another bead is it hot already or do you just chuck an unlit one on top.
    Cheers
    Scott

4 hours seems about right for cold / Warm smoke. (For a whole trout)
    Will be less for the average chopper fillet
    You just know when its done when the moisture is gone and it looks right.
    Yes I put a new bead or two on raw, Probably shouldn't do it that way but I cant taste the difference.
    If you can get some black wattle , Its awesome for smoking. Grows everywhere in Sydney but ive not seen it (or looked) since moving to the Gold Coast
    I just buy the Hickory chips from bunnings. There is not much better then hickory.
    Its a long time cooking but I have mates over and have beers and such to make it a great day with a treat at the end.
    I hot smoke pork for 7 hours, Until it falls apart. They are great days / Partys
    There is a whole new thread in pulled pork.

Thanks for all that mate. A big help. I like hickory myself, mostly because i vant be stuffed to go out and find something else.
    You should start a thread for the pork, sound great.

Edit : looks like you did.