Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yamaha 4strk 60HP

Yamaha 4strk 60HP

I would like to hear from anyone who actually has a Yamaha 4strk 60HP on a tinnie at the moment. Either PM or post here and I will PM you. Just want to talk to an owner rather than an expert.

Re: Yamaha 4strk 60HP

Mindi,

I have a 2008 Yamaha 60hp 4st (F60CETL). Done about 74 hours so far. Excellent motor.
    PM me if you want to discuss.

Andrew

Edit: forgot to mention that it is on a 4.85m runnabout tinnie.

Yep got one too, F60 CEHTL, 225hrs, Top motor.

PM if you want

Cheers,

Matt

yep have a 2007 f60 fuel injection-215hrs on a 4.55 side console. Can't fault it. Great on fuel and with 13inch prop gives me a top speed of 29knts.

The 60hp would have to be yamaha's most successful 4 stroke engine... foxy

I hve an 04 on the back of a 4.8m tinny, get around 30knts at WOT, depending on load. Have about 110hrs. Great on fuel, very quiet and starts first time, everytime

yer me to 60 on a 4.50 blue fin love it told it was an 09 series end of last year when i got it. cant say any more than what everyone has said.

Thanks everyone...what a top forum ...just fished around trees on the sides of Daly river for 10 days and watched dozens (more..?) of 4-5 M tinnies go past from trolling to WOT speeds. The Yammy 4 strokes were easily the quietest motors on the river including the other 4 strokes and it was really obvious.....trolling we sometimes couldnt hear them approaching and after a while could pick the motor by the sound. Very impressive test..my query was about grunt for a particular hull not quality.

I have one too Mindi - 2005 f60c efi on a Stacer 460. Beautiful motor, cruises 18-20 knots at 4000-4200 less than 10 l/ph. Get about 30knots at WOT. Never missed a beat.

I keep a 12" prop for when we go away with family and pulling the tube. Works really well.

The High Thrust model is worth considering too.

Cheers

i had one i purchased brand new in o7 efi and must say its performance was like a turbine the way it would just take off......had it on a 4.75 ally craft...motor awesome...boat was crap.....

Quote Originally Posted by stinky-stabi View Post
    i had one i purchased brand new in o7 efi and must say its performance was like a turbine the way it would just take off......had it on a 4.75 ally craft...motor awesome...boat was crap.....

Really..? thought they were supposed to be good tinnies..?

Mindi,
    Bit off topic but as regarding grunt I have a 60HP yammie 4st on my 445F Haines (around 850Kgs with 2 on board) and I found it a bit slow out of the hole but with reasonable top end 27KNTS and great economy.
    I repropped with help from solas and its like a new boat. Pops out of the hole easily (much better for bar work). Top end is up to 31KNTS and economy hasnt changed. My motor has 330 hrs and has been faultless so far.
    So prop makes a world of difference.
    Cheers
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by marlin01 View Post
    Mindi,
    Bit off topic but as regarding grunt I have a 60HP yammie 4st on my 445F Haines (around 850Kgs with 2 on board) and I found it a bit slow out of the hole but with reasonable top end 27KNTS and great economy.
    I repropped with help from solas and its like a new boat. Pops out of the hole easily (much better for bar work). Top end is up to 31KNTS and economy hasnt changed. My motor has 330 hrs and has been faultless so far.
    Cheers
    Dave
    Thanks for that not off topic at all....I figured propping down one size would be the go if a bit sluggish as top speed isnt worth a pinch offshore but hole shot (awful expression) is... Solas are good guys arent they...

Quote Originally Posted by marlin01 View Post
    Mindi,
    Cheers
    Dave
    What prop did you end up with Dave?

Dave...what revs were you getting at WOT with old and new props, did you go stainless..?