Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another Barra Theory

Re: Another Barra Theory

Quote Originally Posted by darylive View Post
    Hey here is an interesting thing turns out Meglamania is:
    'A form of mental alienation in which the patient has grandiose delusions. ..'
    You called Daryl

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    I aint no biologist Daryl as you know, but I reckon the water has a disinct green tinge to it.....my info from previous years in my little black book suggested this was good fishing water then. It sort of changed colour over night pretty much last week. I have heard a reasonable amount of fish getting caught...Naths report also indicates that too..

cheers Steve

Could it be those drops in temps - lead to a kill off of the algal blooms ...... The water looked like crap when we were there ( 28 Deg) ..... 3 weeks later Nath notices a 4-5 deg drop ........ & scores

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

um yeah that culd be a factor for sure the birds are part of the food chain so i guess if there not liking what s there eating they may hae moved on to find better fquailty food soucre which mean that the supply is down or the source is lost its quailty so yeah culd be a bug or something turning them all off a bit not that i know to much just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Could it be those drops in temps - lead to a kill off of the algal blooms ...... The water looked like crap when we were there ( 28 Deg) ..... 3 weeks later Nath notices a 4-5 deg drop ........ & scores

Chris
    yes if you look at paul dolans site the colour of the water there horrid but now maybe things are cleaning up finally might be a sign of things to come

water in the 2 mile was a good 20% clearer then last time I was there I could see my lure a good 3 feet down

How is it that a theory posted about Monduran turns into a verbal stoush between 2manylures and the rest of Ausfish?....

Anyhoo, I mentioned the lack of birdlife to BR65 back in mid-February so it has been awhile since the buggers scarpered. Has that had any impact on the water quality or the fishing? Who knows, but I did think the water quality was excellent in mid-Feb and OK in April. We managed barra on both trips, though not in great numbers......

We did notice less bait activity on both trips compared to December when the birds were there. Maybe there is less bait and therefore less birds.....I do think the birds have taken advantage of the interior wet and I'm sure they will be back, probably after breeding...

More food for thought.....

Cool Re: Bird S#IT

Maybe the water is clearing up because all the birds are now s#iting elsewhere

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

Talking Re: Another Barra Theory

'Megalomania'

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    You called Daryl

Chris
    You said it!

I am thinking you now have a name for your boat

Thanks toomany

The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

Quote Originally Posted by Peter4 View Post
    How is it that a theory posted about Monduran turns into a verbal stoush between 2manylures and the rest of Ausfish?....

Anyhoo, I mentioned the lack of birdlife to BR65 back in mid-February so it has been awhile since the buggers scarpered. Has that had any impact on the water quality or the fishing? Who knows, but I did think the water quality was excellent in mid-Feb and OK in April. We managed barra on both trips, though not in great numbers......

We did notice less bait activity on both trips compared to December when the birds were there. Maybe there is less bait and therefore less birds.....I do think the birds have taken advantage of the interior wet and I'm sure they will be back, probably after breeding...

all good pete bit of stirring dont hurt nothing personal towards 2manny just abit of internet fun
    on the other hand the birds arent silly either when it gets cold they go for warm climate if that is the type of birds they are or more stable weather so all good i reckon they will return

Talking Re: Another Barra Theory

[b][quote=nipsta;1011812 [/B]
    "the birds arent silly either when it gets cold they go for warm climate if that is the type of birds they are or more stable weather so all good i reckon they will return"

Well that seems to over simplify a thread that looked like going no where then gained momentum as the piscatorial megalomaniacs voiced various Theseus and theories.

Of course the bloody birds will come back. Then we can ponder why and will have to come up with another reason for catching bugger all Barra.

I still think it is a good thing they are not defecating in the water turning it gungy green.

Anyway Nip why aren't you at work?

Foxie! where did you go? Don't forget my order before you go in for your face lift tomorrow. Good luck with that, but really how much damage could they do to a head like that? Surely it can only be an improvement.

You know when John Fox was a younger man he got to Monduran and asked for directions. Some one said just follow your nose.
    That's why he has been there ever since, just going around and around.

The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

cant half tell i thought iti out darryl why are you out in ya boat the lightest the winds have been since last week and we are typing on a puter damm we must be bored i was suppose to go for another session today but didnt get the calll last night so i assumed it was canecel anyway may go later see how i feel

First real day of leave and having a real easy one. Trying to get motivated to sort camping gear boat etc.

But got caught on here which is not hard to do. Might have a cup of tea and a nap shortly. Can't rush into these things. Besides you know as well as I do if I venture out the weather will turn.

The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

Quote Originally Posted by Peter4 View Post

I think the pelicans are off shagging with all that water at Lake Eyre.
    Does that mean the the shags are off pelicaning

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

I think your onto something there Chris....Im sure it's a fornacation thing....but why have those ground running noisy feathered bloody things at the Camp Site stuck around
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Anyone think with the thousands of boats zooming around over the last few years has simply pis #$ed them off so they headed off looking for greener pastures?,

As for the bait there is plenty IMHO heading around the dam there was concertrations of it but gar was in the 2 mile and with the amount of weed growth throught out the dam the small bait most probably hold up in it and feed there aswell I would with 3 foot of barra swimming around.....