Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: How are you people getting on with Fisher?

Re: How are you people getting on with Fisher?

Nickstock have u considered a Noble Super V?

I have mate, but they are out of my price range to look at new and I have not seen any decent ones second hand under 35 000 (my budget)

Quote Originally Posted by cormorant View Post
    Can someone explain how metal , ie boats at any stage of completion were transferred from the old Fisher to the new company? Just wondering how an asset of one business was transferred to another and what price was it done at and under who's authority?

One day they are an asset of one group and the next day they seem to have moved?
    I would say the only way it could be done without consent from other interested parties, is by commiting a criminal act.. ie, Theft or fraud, or both...

The silence from the Fisher mob is deafening as usual, if its true people are being dudded well jihad on them I reckon, nuthin $Hits honest hard working people more then liars and cheats, hears their chance to respond,lets see how long it takes, me I wouldnt buy a pop rivet of em.

Quote Originally Posted by siegfried View Post
    The silence from the Fisher mob is deafening as usual, if its true people are being dudded well jihad on them I reckon, nuthin $Hits honest hard working people more then liars and cheats, hears their chance to respond,lets see how long it takes, me I wouldnt buy a pop rivet of em.
    Well said siegfried i would have to say when there is some good plate builders around at the moment such as bluewater and amm etc why anyone would go and put a fresh order in with this company begers beleaf. There are some very trusting people out there it would be like sundown starting up tomorrow and people dealing with them again. I just hope that Col's name comes out of this in tact because i think he is a genuine guy that did a lot for us ausfish members IMO. Regards Mark

Quote Originally Posted by nickstock View Post
    There are two sides to every story, but unfortunately the stories seem to be a tad to worrying for me to lay my hard earned down on a boat after hearing these tales.
    I think you answered your own question. If it was me and I had ANY amount of concern, I would be looking at other builders.

I was about to go ahead on a 550 duel in the next week. I am yet to lay any money down and after reading threads like this, it will be hard to do so???

That’s the problem of the internet and opinions from everyone- You do not know who is right or wrong and the background behind it all.

One thing I do know is that I feel incredibly sorry for those who are getting shafted by Fisher Boats, either the old Fisher or new.

Like I said,
    There are two sides to every story, but unfortunately the stories seem to be a tad to worrying for me to lay my hard earned down on a boat after hearing these tales.

It looks like my search for a new boat continues.

Cheers,

Nick
    Nick

Regardless of what builder you choose I would go have a chat with a soliciter right now and get him to advise you how to make sure any boat or money paid towards a boat is your property and recoverable at any stage.

Have a read of this thread as a starting point and also do a search on fisher or any other manufacturers you are considering

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...d.php?t=147333

I like trust accounts and independent inspections and over a 50k hull they would add up to a very small extra cost to set it up.

Have the boat builder sign a personal guarantee, do an asset check on him, if he really says he will build a boat etc etc.

Lots of different tools for the legal guys to use to make sure you are secured and not the bottom of teh shitpile when the wheels fall off.

Let us know what you find out and advice you get but most important get some build photos up so we can all perve when you start it. Will e the cheapest professional advice you will ever buy so don't sign up before you do it.

There is a lot of near new 2nd hand plateys that are well appointed so building would not be my first choice in the current market unless you have very specific things that can't be easily modified on a second hand boat. Lot less risk buying 2nd hand in terms of getting it now and in your posession - just some ideas

PS - o a search on the internet for kleenmaid and read every recent article to see ow easy it is to get shafted.

I have mate, but they are out of my price range to look at new and I have not seen any decent ones second hand under 35 000 (my budget)

Gday mate, i have been looking of late at boats all over the country, and noticed quite a few good ones (plateys) in western australia, such as jackmans and the like for about $35G . worth looking at i think. Boatlocater is one of the wa sites. it will cost u about $3-5g to get it over tho...But at least u can see what ur getting for your money in the second hand market.
    Keep looking mate, one will come up..they always do.

Thanks guys,
    One thing that I keep hearing is how good a bloke Col is and blah blah. If he was such a top bloke how come people were left out to dry?

I will look into the WA boats as it is an option that I have not seriously thought about.The problem with the WA builders is that I cannot monitor the build ect, were as a boat in Brisbane I can get mates and my old man to look at on a weekly basis .

I think the idea of getting a solicitor to look over any legal documents is they way to go.

In the current market with boat builders going under left right and centre, I think that I would still be as critical to any of the builders.

The comment regarding second hand boats is a trickey one. The prices that Fisher have come back to me with are better then other builders I have seen so far, by a country mile. Almost to the point were I can compare a new Fisher with a 2 year old 2nd hand version of the other name builders.

It sure is a tricky decision to make.

Nick

nicstock have you tried riptide aswell? worth a checkout atleast

The fact that their prices have come down dramatically would also be a cause for concern 1. No work perhaps 2.No work=limited life expectany Sorry but the way this show appears to unfolded smells of unscupulous predatory business types, and anyone who would lay down cash in advance for a boat of all things in these uncertain times needs to give emselves an uppercut. I hate to see the little bloke getting r00ted,it is happening too much these days. Unfortunately after said little bloke gets r00ted no one seems to be able to do much about it.

Quote Originally Posted by cormorant View Post
    Nick

Regardless of what builder you choose I would go have a chat with a soliciter right now and get him to advise you how to make sure any boat or money paid towards a boat is your property and recoverable at any stage.

Have a read of this thread as a starting point and also do a search on fisher or any other manufacturers you are considering

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...d.php?t=147333

I like trust accounts and independent inspections and over a 50k hull they would add up to a very small extra cost to set it up.

Have the boat builder sign a personal guarantee, do an asset check on him, if he really says he will build a boat etc etc.

Lots of different tools for the legal guys to use to make sure you are secured and not the bottom of teh shitpile when the wheels fall off.

Let us know what you find out and advice you get but most important get some build photos up so we can all perve when you start it. Will e the cheapest professional advice you will ever buy so don't sign up before you do it.

There is a lot of near new 2nd hand plateys that are well appointed so building would not be my first choice in the current market unless you have very specific things that can't be easily modified on a second hand boat. Lot less risk buying 2nd hand in terms of getting it now and in your posession - just some ideas

PS - o a search on the internet for kleenmaid and read every recent article to see ow easy it is to get shafted.
    Very good post IMHO...I have been banging on forever about deposits going into trust accts as they do with real estate agents. Any business that needs future deposits on unpurchased (from mfr) goods to fund their current salaries or rent etc is already terminally ill and isnt getting my business. Some progress payment process could be worked out to fund building of expensive boats...fair enough.
    Would be keen to see what expert advice is available. Govts continue to demonstrate a complete lack of interest in consumer financial protection....how could they claim to have "watchdogs" when Kleenmaid can go 100M into debt with 2M in assets... If I had a watchdog that bloody useless I'd shoot it.

To the guys who have been "shafted", I would assume that if you have the documentation to prove that you paid monies into the old Fisher account, then you are fine.
    From what I can gather from reading and re-reading the Fisher threads over the past couple of months, this is what the new Fisher group have said they will do.
    What account did the White Pointer and Smasheddreams moneies go in to???? Money deposited into a bank account does not simply disappear. And where are the reciepts to prove any of this????
    How come other guys have got their boats and motors and you blokes didn't????
    There is way more to all of this than the average punter will ever know.
    Tim

[quote=nickstock;1022399]Thanks guys,
    One thing that I keep hearing is how good a bloke Col is and blah blah. If he was such a top bloke how come people were left out to dry?

It’s Nancy (Col’s wife) here Col has his reasons and won’t get on here and say anything so I thought I might fill you in on a few things.

Nickstock it’s obvious you have been getting an earful from Sanderson and telling you what he wants you to hear. He is good at that sort of BS. Lot’s of practise at this and thinks he is never wrong.
    We went away at xmas and Sanderson decided with his bunch of merry man (that he had also bullshitted to) to strip everything out of the two sheds without us knowing anything about it.
    So I guess you could say that we were left out to dry as well. We also have been left with a major debt of the company as we were guarantors because they wouldn’t open an account with him.
    Trouble with people like Fisher-too (Sanderson) is that they only see things in their own eyes as I and others have discovered. I think a few of his men that he took with him might be having second thoughts as well. I hear that Jason has since left the new business.
    He accused and abused us after we came back and told everyone he ran into including parents at our kid’s school that we took off with money ranging between $100,000 and 1.5 mill??? He even rang Col’s brother just recently and tried to turn him against Col, how sad is that ??
    The stories go on and some of them are quite remarkable from what people have told us. Don’t forget we did have the business for 7 years before he came along.
    We offered everything on the table with accountants straight up but he wouldn’t accept this because what he ended up doing had been obviously planned for a while.
    The administrators have everything they need and if we ripped the company off I am sure they will find out.
    If there was any way we could have helped anyone we would have. It is a little hard to do much when someone gives no options to us only what he thinks should happen.
    After the administrators were appointed he continued to work on boats and do whatever else he wanted using all the equipment belonging to the company which is very odd, when in administration, in most people’s eyes.
    After the administrators sent the valuers in and gave us a list of valued assets we discovered that the list of items below had disappeared in the move and yet he just denies it like everything else.
    He also bought everything that was offered by the administrators for a song and gave no one else any choice as he had it all in his possession and who would trust what you would get? This is still being investigated by the admins and insurance company and it will go on until there is an answer. It just takes ages. The whole civil law system is wrong and needs to be looked at as we and others are finding.
    That enough from me, so here is the list, if anyone knows where any of this gear is please let me know.
    Maybe Fisher-Too might be able to shed some light on what may have happened with it.
    There are lots of other items and obviously ones we haven’t remembered.
    Regards Nancy

1 of new 4.9 mtr Webster Twinfisher Bassmaster optioned boat fitted with hydraulic steering and electrics. This boat was purchased as a stock boat by Fisher Boats for sale at Boat Shows. Vin AUWTFRH428D808.
    1 of new 4.0 mtr Horizon Pathfinder Boat owned by a friend left in yard to sell for him.
    1 of new 30 hp 2 Stroke Suzuki outboard.
    1 of new 6 hp 4 Stroke Suzuki outboard.
    1 of new 2.5 hp 4 stroke Suzuki outboard.
    Large amount of various boat and boat part templates
    1 of 4.7 mtr Sealink yard trailer (Average condition)
    Boat water testing safety pack including restricted use flag
    Modems
    Phone system (On lease with Ratemaster)
    Bundy Clock for second shed
    Boat stock chandlery
    Trolley Jack
    Battery Charger
    Consumables (welding wire,sanding discs, ss bolts &nuts,rivets ect)
    Battery Load Tester
    1 of Trailer Trade Plate
    1 of Scorpion 52 cfm compressor with air drier
    Shade Tent and boat show gear.
    1 of Trailer Extender draw bar and outboard cover ordered and paid for by Client
    1 set of new Reelax outriggers ordered for client
    There was 12 full sets of tools for the staff.
    One box of Kokoda sun shirts in box in back office ready for embroidery
    Large amount of Electrical wiring, connecters, heat shrink ect.
    Hummingbird 676 Colour GPS Sounder
    Stainless propellers
    Yamaha and Suzuki tiller arms
    Suzuki spares
    Suzuki Marine Caboolture Bank Statements
    Suzuki Marine Caboolture Suncorp Metway security token
    Stainless steel security cables used to secure boats in the yard (owned by Suzuki Marine Caboolture)
    Filing cabinet and locker belonging to Suzuki Marine Caboolture
    Current cheque book for JJM P/L
    Battery Chargers for digital cameras
    Large amount of Stock aluminium and fabricated parts left in racks both sheds
    Phone system (JJM P/L On lease with Ratemaster)
    2006-2007 financial statements for JJM P/L
    Back up CD'S and soft ware programmes from my office Client files from my office
    Files for Jayjarmoo including all invoicing ect eg April. July,August & September
    Computer programmes including MYOB Accounting plus V17 used for JJM P/L not Fisher Group
    C'wealth efpos receipts for JJM P/L in folders.
    Labeling machine (personal)
    Eutectic Caddy stick/tig welder (personal asset)
    Owner supplied electronics

Last edited by Nancy_S; 28-05-2009 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Get rid of bullets

Like I said Nancey, there are two sides to every story and that is yours. Perhaps I worded it wrong as I ment no disrespect to Col as I have never met him.

For the mean time I will have to give Fisher the flick as the rumor mill has got the best (or worst) of me.

Cheers,

Nick