Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: How are you people getting on with Fisher?

Re: How are you people getting on with Fisher?

G'day,

The liquidation of the former Fisher Boats Pty Limited continues and the prospects for creditors remains zilch.

That means I'm down the drain for $28,000 plus over $3,000 worth of instruments that disappeared without trace.

Nobody from the new business has ever had the courtesy to contact me.

The former business folded in early January with 11 boats in work-in-progress. It's now late May. Has anyone got their boat yet?

White Pointer

Quote Originally Posted by smasheddreams View Post
    To all concerned

I would like to thank all those involved in allowing me the opportunity to tell my story and hopefully help others in the process

As we were all told by the new Fisher Boats, Thread Fisher Boats post #65 , all deals would be honoured. I then afterwards successfully contacted Mr Sanderson from Fisher Boats in regards to my DF140 Suzuki motor (which I had paid Fisher in full) and was told in short from his prospective I will not, I repeat, will not receive a motor or monies in lieu to that effect as there is, quote "no obligation to do it"

Well possibly if you reproduce that thread at home, ask the owner here to preserve it you might have a leg to stand on for proceedings, it would be nice to see this forum used to right a wrong, too often it's used as a moderated adjunct to protect people who really shouldn't be and wouldn't see the same protection without a third persons own personal belief structure interfering.

cheers fnq

I would be seeking legal advice mate. He made a public statement declaring he would honour all previous deals.

Stu

G'day,

Just some legal crap to settle you down and then spice things up.

When the creditors voted in favour of the voluntary administration and later the liquidation of the Companies they surrendered their rights to sue the Directors to the Administrators - now Liquidators.

The former Directors had the opportunity (jointly or separately) to offer a Deed of Arrangement for the creditors to consider at the second creditors meeting. None was offered.

For the new "Fisher Boats" to then engage with hull owners to complete their boats was extraordinary - because it was essentially a default Deed of Arrangement.

If the offer of honouring contracts was made after the second creditor's meeting then it is an offer by the new business, not related to the old business.

I have taken legal advice - and I'm very patient. I'll shut up for $34,000. What do you say SmashedDreams?

Any answer from Fisher Too?

White Pointer

White pointer i like most other people have got no idea what hurt you are going thought at the moment the feeling of being totally sharfted would be unbearable have you contacted marine Queelsland to see if they might have advice on this matter as col was a member they might no of his wereabouts so you could have a chat to him about the new company not hounering what they have said. Col was always a big supporter of ausfish it is just a shame he has not come back on to share his side of the story so that you and other people could get some anwsers that might help you get what is rightfully yours a completed boat or your money back. I like other Ausfish members feel for you and i hope you win what looks like a losing battle. Regards Mark

Quote Originally Posted by tin can marlin View Post
    White pointer i like most other people have got no idea what hurt you are going thought at the moment the feeling of being totally sharfted would be unbearable have you contacted marine Queelsland to see if they might have advice on this matter as col was a member they might no of his wereabouts so you could have a chat to him about the new company not hounering what they have said. Col was always a big supporter of ausfish it is just a shame he has not come back on to share his side of the story so that you and other people could get some anwsers that might help you get what is rightfully yours a completed boat or your money back. I like other Ausfish members feel for you and i hope you win what looks like a losing battle. Regards Mark
    G'day,

Just some more facts (as I know them) on the record. Col Svennson ran the business for seven or eight years with steady growth, no debt and in early 2008 brought in equity to expand manufacturing capacity and cut lead times.

Up until early 2008 Col had never had a debt judgement entered against him.

In late 2008, early 2009 he was cut out of HIS Company. He has lost far more than any of us creditors. He was not in Brisbane when HIS business was asset stripped and arrived back in the New Year to find an empty factory.

I want justice for the people who have lost most and can ill afford it, employees first.

Speaking of employees, did they ever receive a payout on their redundancy from the former Fisher Boats and have they lodged a claim with KordaMentha? It's not too late to do so.

White Pointer

Quote Originally Posted by White Pointer View Post
    G'day,

Just some legal crap to settle you down and then spice things up.

When the creditors voted in favour of the voluntary administration and later the liquidation of the Companies they surrendered their rights to sue the Directors to the Administrators - now Liquidators.

The former Directors had the opportunity (jointly or separately) to offer a Deed of Arrangement for the creditors to consider at the second creditors meeting. None was offered.

For the new "Fisher Boats" to then engage with hull owners to complete their boats was extraordinary - because it was essentially a default Deed of Arrangement.

If the offer of honouring contracts was made after the second creditor's meeting then it is an offer by the new business, not related to the old business.

I have taken legal advice - and I'm very patient. I'll shut up for $34,000. What do you say SmashedDreams?

Any answer from Fisher Too?

White Pointer
    SURE, ME TOO FOR $15850!

Smashed dreams and Whitepointer

Very sorry to here your problems are far from sorted out!!! I reread the earlier post by the self appointed spokesman for the new fisher boats owner and was interested to read this quote below!!! I guess old mate Payney has discovered stillnox and now has no problems sleeping at night!!!

Ian

Payney's posts!

To date we have done our best to contact anybody with an "Invested intrest" and have said we will honor those who can bring forward proof of deposit's ect.
    I'f you are one of the many that are still coming forward we are not about to turn our backs on you!
    I'f this is the case then P.M. Me and lets do the motions.
    Payney

Hey Black Runner
    Yes that's pritty much it.
    Legally we don't have to do anything , Morally we need to sleep at night!
    Same goe's for any Waranty work!
    Payney
    Alcohol doesn't agree with me, but i sure do enjoy the argument!!!

G'day,

Like I said, I'm very patient. So is Smasheddreams, apparently. Anyone want to buy us out before we sue?

Regards ... and no more for the time being,

White Pointer

Can someone explain how metal , ie boats at any stage of completion were transferred from the old Fisher to the new company? Just wondering how an asset of one business was transferred to another and what price was it done at and under who's authority?

One day they are an asset of one group and the next day they seem to have moved?

Quote Originally Posted by cormorant View Post
    Can someone explain how metal , ie boats at any stage of completion were transferred from the old Fisher to the new company? Just wondering how an asset of one business was transferred to another and what price was it done at and under who's authority?

One day they are an asset of one group and the next day they seem to have moved?
    G'day,

I'll make a short story out of this complex legal situation.

Basically, the contract with the old Fisher Boats said that as you paid progress payments on a boat with a HIN you owned the boat.

The legal opinion obtained by KordaMentha was that this was enforceable - the customers with a boat in work-in-progress with a HIN on it was the customer's property.

The customers owned it, had the right to leave it there, pull it out, whatever. But they also owned the insurable interest and insurance was hard to get in the circumstances.

It has been hell for these people and all of us.

Has anyone got their boat yet?

White Pointer

White Pointer and smasheddreams. I feel very sorry for the both of you. I was lucky my old outboard was handed back by the new director (more acurately he was lucky). Do I have this right white pointer? That 3k worth of your property was STOLEN? Why isn't this a criminal case then? You guys have a lot more patience than me. I would have verbally given him 48 hours to produce the money or it would have been taken out of his hide.

Cheers

Chris

P.S. If what is being said here is the truth then you bludgers still working for Fisher boats need to take a good hard look at yourselves!!
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    smasheddreams...can I respectfully ask why initially you paid anything but a deposit on a motor that was yet to be ordered ..?...that smells bad right from the start...

Having said that, it must be a very bitter pill for you to swallow and it would seem that Mr Sandersons past and only posts were just typical BS...

It would be a brave man indeed that would put money down on a Fisher Boat...
    How true,,,

I was about to go ahead on a 550 duel in the next week. I am yet to lay any money down and after reading threads like this, it will be hard to do so???

That’s the problem of the internet and opinions from everyone- You do not know who is right or wrong and the background behind it all.

One thing I do know is that I feel incredibly sorry for those who are getting shafted by Fisher Boats, either the old Fisher or new.

Like I said,
    There are two sides to every story, but unfortunately the stories seem to be a tad to worrying for me to lay my hard earned down on a boat after hearing these tales.

It looks like my search for a new boat continues.

Cheers,

Nick