Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: How are you people getting on with Fisher?

Re: How are you people getting on with Fisher?

Mindi...I thought the ATO has now been classed as an unsecured creditor and has to wait in line with the others.

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    Mindi...I thought the ATO has now been classed as an unsecured creditor and has to wait in line with the others.
    Funny , could not imagine them in the middle of a picking order...

I cannot understand how a boatbuilder CANNOT build a boat without the progress payments set up. I will admit that I get payment for equipment before I install...however I install at the client's address..i have no legal claim once it is installed. A boat builder is different..the boat stays in his factory...it seems to me like they cannot pay to build the boat without the customer paying up front. Even Riviera used the progress payment scheme..how would it feel if you had 750k paid on your boat and you heard the news..panic would set in.

It does not make sense to me..if a builder gets 30 days credit from his suppliers..build the boat(s) within that 30 days..get paid by the customer..pay the bills..all is good.

as I stated, why should the boat builder be the only one to take the risk, the customer needs to shoulder a bit. I have met many dodgey bast**ds over the years & unless you are a regular customer of mine or come recommended from a customer, you pay me a deposit equivalent to material costs or you go elsewhere., end of story..I don't want your business, once you prove yourself all is good..

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    Again....Who designs the new Fisher's??
    It'll only take a second to answer. Two or three words will suffice
    I have formed in interesting opinion from reading this thread and the other Fisher thread.... That being a dishonest person will not answer an honest question...

Are you a dishonest person Mr Sanderson, can you answer a simple question posted by Finga..
    Who designs the new Fisher's??

Can you answer my question.
    How is it that Col and Fisher Boats was running well for 7 year's, and within 6 months off you becoming a part owner and implementing your strategies to the business the company turns to shit....

Quote Originally Posted by Jabba_ View Post
    I have formed in interesting opinion from reading this thread and the other Fisher thread.... That being a dishonest person will not answer an honest question...

Are you a dishonest person Mr Sanderson, can you answer a simple question posted by Finga..
    Who designs the new Fisher's??

Can you answer my question.
    How is it that Col and Fisher Boats was running well for 7 year's, and within 6 months off you becoming a part owner and implementing your strategies to the business the company turns to shit....

That's another post that Fisher-too will just happen to miss i think Jabba!
    Alcohol doesn't agree with me, but i sure do enjoy the argument!!!

I dont know for certain and am not posing as an expert here... but the accountant in the family thinks they run second after the Administrator/Receiver's fees and certainly way up high before suppliers and customers.....but happy to stand corrected on that by someone prepared to look up the Companies Act which seems like a dodgy idea on a Sunday to me.

Quote Originally Posted by DR View Post
    as I stated, why should the boat builder be the only one to take the risk, the customer needs to shoulder a bit. I have met many dodgey bast**ds over the years & unless you are a regular customer of mine or come recommended from a customer, you pay me a deposit equivalent to material costs or you go elsewhere., end of story..I don't want your business, once you prove yourself all is good..

And DR what is your approach to "proving yourself" to a customer..? How does the customer know he wont pay $10K for materials and come back in ten days and find an empty shed..? ...should the customer fund your business and provide you with free working capital..? or should you go to the bank pay for the use of money like everyone else has to...and then add the finance cost to the build cost of the boat...(should be about $300-$400 on a 30K hull built over 6 weeks)
    Sure if the boat is custom built then it seems valid to protect the builder against being stuck with a non standard item and then a progress payment system locks the buyer in and that's fair enough for sure......so if these boats are all one off custom jobs then you need protection.
    This is part of the bigger problem that much of the boatbuilding in Aust is effectively a cottage industry...except for major players whose prices reflect the higher manufacturing cost of operating on a more professional basis.

A word from a Moderator of Ausfish.

This thread has been let run its course and has been ' modified ' in some instances where people have been ' personal with insults or language not suitable for this site ".

We have been contacted by concerned Ausfish members regarding the language etc.

We are all well aware of people that read this forum and that includes kids.

This thread will continue to run as long as everyone keeps within the rules they agreed to when becoming members. It is a HOT topic and needs to be treated with respect from those that wish to post comments and opinions and as well as Ausfish. This is a public interest topic. Many members here have a vested interest.

Please keep to the topic and restrain from name calling and insults. That doesn't do anyone any good.

Cheers Phill

Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Mindi View Post
    And DR what is your approach to "proving yourself" to a customer..? How does the customer know he wont pay $10K for materials and come back in ten days and find an empty shed..? ...should the customer fund your business and provide you with free working capital..? or should you go to the bank pay for the use of money like everyone else has to...and then add the finance cost to the build cost of the boat...(should be about $300-$400 on a 30K hull built over 6 weeks)
    Sure if the boat is custom built then it seems valid to protect the builder against being stuck with a non standard item and then a progress payment system locks the buyer in and that's fair enough for sure......so if these boats are all one off custom jobs then you need protection.
    This is part of the bigger problem that much of the boatbuilding in Aust is effectively a cottage industry...except for major players whose prices reflect the higher manufacturing cost of operating on a more professional basis.
    That's the risk they take...if they ask a few questions I will give references from longstanding, reputable customers, if that doesn't satisfy them, I don't care. life's too short to be stuffed around by people who won't do their research properly, I know i'm not out to rip you off, you just have to work that out for yourself, a little bit of trust has to be used..
    I spent a lot of my early years dealing with dodgey car dealers & Real Estate salesmen, after a while you learn to get a gut feeling about people, you also begin to go with gut feeling more than anything else, and you learn the best way to collect any outstanding debts..

Obviously the only way for a lot on here is to walk into a showroom with a pocket full of cash & say, 'i'll have one of those' & if they won't hook it up to your vehicle immediately, leave & find someone with one in stock. You might not get the boat you want, but you also will not lose your money..

DR, you say "if they ask a few questions I will give references from longstanding, reputable customers, if that doesn't satisfy them, I don't care."

What about those that do the research, find the builder they wish to use, everything appears correct with the company, then suddenly overnight the company situation changes and they are bankrupt, and thru no fault of their own they are are no down large amounts of money. This is what appears to have happened to White Pointer and SmashedDreams.

What is your call on this?

So, how does someone obtain all of the legally available relevant information about an ABN business or an ACN company and their directors etc, to make an informed decision about their legitimacy, solvency and bad debt / credit issue skeletons etc they might have in their closet, that might assist with choosing to do or not to do when it comes time to lay money on the table?

how do people prevent being burned within the limits of their influence?

cheers

Mick

Quote Originally Posted by trueblue View Post
    So, how does someone obtain all of the legally available relevant information about an ABN business or an ACN company and their directors etc, to make an informed decision about their legitimacy, solvency and bad debt / credit issue skeletons etc they might have in their closet, that might assist with choosing to do or not to do when it comes time to lay money on the table?

how do people prevent being burned within the limits of their influence?

cheers

Mick
    do a search here : http://www.asic.gov.au/asic/asic.nsf

[QUOTE=walruss;1024375]DR, you say "if they ask a few questions I will give references from longstanding, reputable customers, if that doesn't satisfy them, I don't care."

What about those that do the research, find the builder they wish to use, everything appears correct with the company, then suddenly overnight the company situation changes and they are bankrupt, and thru no fault of their own they are are no down large amounts of money. This is what appears to have happened to White Pointer and SmashedDreams.

What is your call on this?[/QUOT

Ladies and gents,

Haven't we flogged a dead horse here? The same questions keep getting asked of already answered questions.

1. A builder of a custom boat needs to be able to have the capital behind him
    To build your boat. If he doesn't and can't get finance then in this climate do you want that builder building your boat?

2. The question of trust. I really don't think in light of recent events that it would be seen as in reasonable for a buyer to insist on a trust account for deposits and progress payments. Both buyer and builder are protected. The builder can see that the buyer has the cash as it gets deposited and the buyer knows that his cash is safe until he has exactly what he ordered. The cost of legal fees on setting up is nothing compared to having your 100k boat 3/4 finished just to have some scum bag liquidator decide his cash is more important than yours.

Pretty simple to me

Cheers

Chris
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

there seems to be quite a few PPL that know alot about nothing, and should not even post on this matter.....in 2 yrs time when guys want to get a boat built, Fisher will still be there and still hold a good name, the new boat buyers will not even seen or read this rubbish that goes on, there is a hell of alot more thats going on than we will ever know, to the new Fisher ( Mick and team) good luck with it all, i know you guys will get busy

Daz

At the moment boat builders may be slow but what about when it gets busy and builders are taking deposites for build spots that could be 6 to 12 months away, I can remember a couple of years ago when the Haines Hunter 680 Patriot was 12 months from time of order to delivery and if you didnt pay a deposite to ensure your build spot your order you just went to the bottom of the pile with new orders with deposites going straight in before you. I can remember having over 60 on order all with deposites. In saying that all deposites where quite small like 10k on a 80k plus boat with the balance payable on delivery to the dealer.