View Poll Results: Should we be looking at a different date?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • should we look at a different date?

1 8.33%
  • 10th 11th 12th

1 8.33%
  • 24th 25th 26th

11 91.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 95 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast

Thread: SOMERSET SESSION Midyear Muster 25th July

Re: SOMERSET SESSION July Midyear Muster

so have we got dates yet or is darryl disappeared

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    I guess a spare set of undies would be in order Brian...It's one thing to be sh*t faced but we must always attend to personal hygiene

personal what?? mate lol.

You know the drill, one pair of jocks is good for minimum 4 days, with no part of said jock touching the same area of nether regions skin for more than one consecutive day

Quote Originally Posted by DEANO68 View Post
    this sounds like just another bloody big pisss up..... ..
    luv it , im in....
    AGAIN
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Thumbs up Re: SOMERSET SESSION July Midyear Muster

Not dead yet!

Did I tell you about Telstra I hope I now have it sorted with the help of mahat macoat maundies onmahead.

Anyway yes the link is the right place. The cabin is frightfully expensive and usually booked out years in advance. Not the same as freezing in the tent on the water thinking Y did I camp down here because it is ten degrees warmer on top of the hill. But having the boat at the tent is great; and yes I put it in and leave it in. The boat that is of course!

Date to be locked in this weekend,
    it seems there is plenty of interest

I did collect some images but the ol' floppy disc seems to be a problem!

Last edited by darylive; 30-04-2009 at 09:17 PM. Reason: telstra sux!

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Ugg boots, beanie, swag and a big bottle of bundy, have I missed anything?
    Yep, Simon ain't easy...that's what he tells us
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Wink Re: SOMERSET SESSION July Midyear Muster

Well I still have computer issues, so here are some pics from the Somerset site until I get sorted.

It is currently high tide which is great because we can camp higher on the hill. At low tide it really is freezing down in the holler on the water. That's not to say it won't be freezing because it will be. As you may have worked out by now it can be bloody crowded and I am trying to avoid that.
    So why put it on here well just us is fine .

The area in the pics is the Northern side of the reserve near the ramp on the water. This is where I will be camping. Powered sites are available a little further up the hill near the throne rooms.

I have a few weeks off from Friday so will be sorted if that is at all possible.

Who am I kiddin? .

Well it all helps to build the suspense, although I know you are all obsessed with date. Especially Nath and Dean apparently

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

Well it all helps to build the suspense, although I know you are all obsessed with date. Especially Nath and Dean apparently [/quote]

NASTY.....will be in townsville for a week early july, so hopefully the session will be later in the month...
    deano..
    God put me on earth to accomplish
    a certain number of things,
    right now i am so far behind
    i will never die.

I will be a definite, Just will need a really really long extension cord for the electric blanket !!!!! :-)

I may also look taking off the Friday so I can head up and get set up early..

Cheers,
    Steve

Somerset last weekend.
    Just a few pics to wet your appetite.

So with a few months to go, high water and areas that the bass has not seen for years.. wonder if they will be nice an fat by the time July comes around...

Am looking for a reasonable tent to buy for camping in winter... Last one we had was lost in a huge storm down south... woke up to find we had a sky light where the roof used to be... would have been nice if it was not pouring with rain !!!

Steve

Apart from the rocket fuel for the gut, any where close to get fuel for the boats close to this camping ground?

Cheers,
    Steve

Two garages at Kilcoy are the closest, their Fri & weekend fuel prices are usually cheaper than Bris too.
    Cheers
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by stevelcqld View Post
    Apart from the rocket fuel for the gut, any where close to get fuel for the boats close to this camping ground?

Cheers,
    Steve
    crieky must be a thirsty boat if you need fuel i normally take a extra 20 but out there should use that much

Quote Originally Posted by stevelcqld View Post
    So with a few months to go, high water and areas that the bass has not seen for years.. wonder if they will be nice an fat by the time July comes around...

Am looking for a reasonable tent to buy for camping in winter... Last one we had was lost in a huge storm down south... woke up to find we had a sky light where the roof used to be... would have been nice if it was not pouring with rain !!!

Steve
    Steve,

Wait for Kathmandu to have their next half price sale. Great quality tents in their Basecamp range. Have had one for a few years now and still going strong.

Everyone,

Looking on with great interest. Waiting for dates! Have to see if I have Friday or Saturday classes next semester before committing. Is anyone looking at taking Kayaks?

Phill
    All I want is to catch MORE legal fish!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    Two garages at Kilcoy are the closest, their Fri & weekend fuel prices are usually cheaper than Bris too.
    Cheers
    Mike
    Mike you used to be able to get fuel at the Dam Wall end at Somerset......If we are camping at Kirkleagh it would be just as close or closer to go to Kilcoy
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless