Thread: Changing over Boat/Trailer Rego's

Changing over Boat/Trailer Rego's

Hi all
    I am in the process of selling my 3.89m tinnie, if I sell it who has the responsibility of changing over the rego for both boat and trailer and how is this done? is there a cost involved and can it be done online?

Re: Changing over Boat/Trailer Rego's

G'day

It's the responsibility of both parties I believe but the responsibility of the buyer to lodge the complete forms.

Pick up the appropriate forms from the transport department.

Dave

Go to the Queensland Transport site and download and print form F3520 (transfer of vehicle registration application form) for the trailer. It should not need a RWC unless it has brakes
    http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/Home..._registration/
    and for the boat download and print the transfer form from here http://www.msq.qld.gov.au/Home/Regis...ational_ships/
    Fil out your section of the forms and keep your bits as proof and give the buyer the rest and then it's their problem to go to Queensland Transport and do the transfer
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

sporty 1
    I have just sold and purchased another boat in the last three days. The first part of the form is for the buyer to take to the transport dept. . The buyer is responcible for transferring the rego and will have to pay stamp duty on the sale price.The second part is for the disposer to keep a record so if there is an infringment the original owner is covered. The only cost to the seller is if a road worthy is required for the trailer.
    Dave

Don't Forget If You Have A Dsc Radio Or Epirb On The Boat And They Go With It, You Need To Advise Amsa Of The Change.

If Either Of Two Are Ever Activated, They'll Be Looking For You As Well.