Thread: best way to secure your baby

best way to secure your baby

hi all

just wondering how you guys secure your pride and joy. i'm going boat shopping soon and want to look after it. any hints re chains, padlocks, how and where the chains etc are positioned etc etc etc. i dont know if i'll fit the new purchase in my garage so securing it properly outside is vital.

also ya reckon i could tow a 3.85 tinnie in my barina SRI?

cheers all
    col

Re: best way to secure your baby

Get it behind a gate if possible and get a big angry dog that hates people. A Hitch lock is the next best device but if it is open to access in the front yard I would try other measures like wheel locks and chains around immovable objects as extra requirements.
    Good insurance is a must and tell them where it is garaged to make sure it is covered for theft from where it sits.

Cheers
    Chris

This comes from suncorp pds.....minimum security requirements...

Kept inside a fully enclosed garage allocated for your personal use.

If outdoors eg Carport, backyard etc secure with a tow bar lock or secure to a fixed object or use wheel clamps

Any items inside need to be stored behind locked cabin doors or locked up in a garage, having a tarp over the boat doesn't meet their minimum requirements.
    Cheers Garry

A bad day fishing, beats a good day at work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing in the boat...

Behind a big arsed gate, 2 dogs, trailer cop and Wheel Clamp and security light
    Fillet and Release Squad

Try and get hold of a wire sling/rope,you can't cut those with bolt cutters.A bit more secure than a chain.
    Paulo.

From the trailboss towbar catalog.

CAPACITY KGS
    89-4/94-Barina MF-MH 600/60

5/94-4/01-Barina 1000/80

You can take wheels off & leave it on stands in between trips.Bit of a pain,but I don't think to many thieves carry wheels.I'm in the process of building a shed for mine.
    Cheers.

we cant put her in a shed here...so for now shes parked out the front of the house with a trailer lock on the towball... 5 meters of heavy gague chain criss crossed through the wheels and the axels...stainless steel lock...security light...everything out of the pockets etc...a few of our neighbours have large dogs...that alert the street at night if theres any ratbags out and about...its the best we can do till we head back to the GC...i miss our 6X9 shed

Mrs Benno1
    Sunny

thanks to all that have replied, i appreciate it