Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Monduran - mini muster, monster bust-offs & baby barra

Re: Monduran - mini muster, monster bust-offs & baby barra

Quote Originally Posted by Pete62 View Post
    Noice, very very noice.

U da man Brian.....................

Pete.

Hah, I got nuthin Pete!

Thanks for the pics Chris, think Ive just found my new avatar.
    That surface fishin, whoa, can you have any more fun and still keep your pants on??

well done again brian your the man looked a bit cool in some of those photo's nothing like a bit of arm pumping action to warm up on a cool morning

shane

Great reports guys!!
    It was great to catch up with the usual suspects as well as meet a few new ones. We finally met Simon, Trev, John and Pete and Kyle. No fish for us but a great weekend was had regardless. Apart from the broken leccie in the first hour and a half. You just don't know how much you use them till there broken. On the upside Rod had fun playing with his new side image sounder. A big thanks to Brian for the show, holy crap that barra surface hit was something else. She went off like a frog in a sock. We soundered around that tree line Brian, we now know why it such a great spot, Rod saved the screen shots for you.
    Thanks to the unbreakable brothers for the early morning wake up, who needs an alarm? Talk about ultimate stealth at it best. Who was it doing green ginger wine and easter egg shots with Daryl on saturday night? No wonder he's sworn off the stuff. Trev I hope the boat is ok. We got to have a chat with Les on monday morning too. Quick stop at Sexy Coffee for a catch with the Chew's then back on the road and we were home at 10.30pm. More than a little shattered today I can tell you.
    Can't wait for the next trip. Bring on June!!
    Cheers Kim.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...
    'Oh Shit.....she's awake'

A Couple of Pics for Interest...

Big thanks to Steve for a loan of the tow vehicle....We'll get it back to you when we come back up for June long weekend...Do you think they'll notice it gone? was real comfy for the trip home. Those special whistles are great for when you take a break from driving and want a little snooze down the back plus the traffic just gets right out of your way when those lights and sirens going.

A pic from my new toy....ah ha!, he says, thats what is down there.!!! No Its not Teflon point!

Great vid Roo! The Teflon master lands another one........

BTW does this mean that the Forester is running around Gin Gin pretending to be an ambulance??

What happened to the jump shot??? I got a great one of her launching.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...
    'Oh Shit.....she's awake'

haha I agree with Kim about the unbreakable brothers in the wee hours - heck they almost woke me up - although they were outdone by Nipsta doing a full pike with twist as he exited his cot in the back of the ute (wondered what the was happening) Fortunately he survived the acrobatics and I'm sure he'll remember the ladder next time

The video is fantastic, thanks for sharing - watching a mate catch a fish is almost as good as getting one yourself! And I'll bet Teflon will be throwing surface presentations a little more often now Good choice on the Tango Brian, they are a lot more subtle than most surface lures and I wish I'd thought to try one Saturday evening instead of the ole lucky popper!

Roo - how cool is the new toy, I was having a look along a few of the points as Brian was kindly sharing some knowledge with me, I was hoping to add some value by checking out what was actually down there too, they are a deadly tool in the right hands I think, and it might even help me (god knows I need it)

I'm glad I left when I did as the cold really kicked into gear and I'd rather get over it quickly than let it drag on for weeks - had a hard day on the couch today watching DVD's Time to start planning the next run I think, I need to find my mojo before the Muster and that's 2 donuts in a row now (I'm off to have a bex a cuppa and a good lie down while I plan I think)

Cheers
    Tony
    Last edited by TonyM; 21-04-2009 at 04:22 PM. Reason: can't spell

sorry about that tony i will probaly be in a 2 second tent like you if i have my way but there notne 30 bucks like you paid there 70 now but worth it i recon . I love the vid of brains barra worth the early start for sure and i reckon next trip i will put a early one in then a break then a afternoon one i think ill do that next time the 11 hour session didnt help my spine to much but you live and learn and i reckon santa will have to bring me a side vision sounder too as i reckon that would be awsome to check if jacks are held in snags at the side of the banks
    Kim could you pm the recipe for the rocky road if possible that was top notch for sure and i laughed at the stones egg shots funny as haha
    Oh yeah i decide i could let yous all have the fun of having to get something fixed and when i got home i saw oil leaking out of my engine it was gear box oil and o far its getting fixed under warranty as well as the prop shaft getting staightene out and i will be out of pocket around 150 buck so not to bad

No need to apologise Simon - I'm just glad you managed to get out eventually

Re the 2 second tent, I'd go for the bigger one as it's a squeeze with the cot although it does just fit in. I do love how easy it makes setting/breaking camp though.

Bummer about the motor but good news about warranty!

I keep thinking about other things that were in my black bag that turned into a kite on the run back to the ramp Oh well that's all part of the game I think, keep the credit card handy when you're Barra fishing it's part of the joy of IBD

Cheers
    Tony

[quote=NAGG;1004674]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty whitey View Post

Hey Whitey ...... Dont use all capital letters - It is like SHOUTING !
    O/K NAGG A SMALL OVER SIGHT
    WILL IMPROVE PAL

Cheers for the vid guys, please no comments on rod technique from any one, my fragile ego couldnt stand it

Ginger wine Easter egg shots, yeah, seemed like a good idea at the time funny enough, Im sure Darryl has horns hiding under that hair cut!
    Least I left the Sambuccas alone, was that a cold or a massive hangover Tony?? .
    Your right about the surface thing though, think Ive found a new love in my life, and its called "walkin the dog" - woof woof lol

Interesting shots on the side imager Rod, banged ya an email mate.
    Stevo, Im lovin the company car mate, that is quite the tow vehicle, give me a yell bout the shed when it starts to happen, see if we can get a trench by the concreters in for the power conduit prior to slab down?

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Cheers for the vid guys, please no comments on rod technique from any one, my fragile ego couldnt stand it

Ginger wine Easter egg shots, yeah, seemed like a good idea at the time funny enough, Im sure Darryl has horns hiding under that hair cut!
    Least I left the Sambuccas alone, was that a cold or a massive hangover Tony?? .
    Your right about the surface thing though, think Ive found a new love in my life, and its called "walkin the dog" - woof woof lol

Interesting shots on the side imager Rod, banged ya an email mate.
    Stevo, Im lovin the company car mate, that is quite the tow vehicle, give me a yell bout the shed when it starts to happen, see if we can get a trench by the concreters in for the power conduit prior to slab down?

No mate ..... it was good to watch - specially on your own

Daryl ..... i'm glad there is only one of him -

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by DEANO68 View Post
    rito you lot, im not going to waffle on to much, the weekend has been summed up well by all..we decided to do early mornings instead of sleeping in and fishing late, greeted by an awsome sunrise saturday morn as we were already up the dam ready to go, and it wasnt long (mabe 20 casts), and a solid fish burst out of the water in front of that sunrise would have been a top pic, connected to nath some big runs and a few more leaps and we slide a metre and a bit, (guesstimate) as we left the matt at home..left that area to look at another where its my turn, belted by a big girl leeping a metre out of two metres of water,what a sight, after passing round a few trees , she headed to the open, ha your mine luv, not so , hooks pull ,early release..that was it for the day had a look around. at one point we found ourselfs heading back into B late in the arv as we had a look round the cattle yards,,heading through the second cut through we had this tossa in a fast boat that didnt know his road rules heading streight at us i couldnt get over any further so held my line and he turns sharply late to pass us port to port, i gave him a wave but some how three of my fingers and thumb stuck to my palm,he didnt wave back , back to camp on dark...sundy morn same area, nath has a solid belt, then i get 6 metres of line pulled of the curado by an unseen sub ,again pull hooks.. one more hookup a little later saw lots of slack line as a big lady belts out of the bank past us at warp speed by the time i wind up the slack, get a little weight, she spits it up...no luck for me but we had a great weekend of fishing with plenty of sleadging , laughs, and a few beers, which is what its all about, yea we found a few fish but time on the water with mates, fishin, is the main objective, fish are the bonus ...good to see you all and catch up again soon....
    deano..
    Noice work Deano, you found and fooled fish, thats 90% of the battle mate as we all well know, that last 10% for landing them is in the hands of the gods, and they have a twisted sense of humour those blokes. LOL about the friendly wave at the cutting.
    Nath smacks another metery, Im sure he has a stash underneath that hat!

My God it's a bad disease......

Just left Mondy on Sunday morning and have read & re-read all posts about the mini muster, viewed the pics, relived a few moments and helped Brian land his surface barra over and over again on Roo's video......

Which reminds me, I ran into Brian a few times over the weekend. The first time, while we were talking he just stopped mid conversation and said "I just love Monduran". The second time he did the same thing and said "I just love barra fishing". Sort of sums it up really....

Can't wait to get back for another crack....surely I'm not alone??

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Peter4 View Post
    My God it's a bad disease......

Just left Mondy on Sunday morning and have read & re-read all posts about the mini muster, viewed the pics, relived a few moments and helped Brian land his surface barra over and over again on Roo's video......

Which reminds me, I ran into Brian a few times over the weekend. The first time, while we were talking he just stopped mid conversation and said "I just love Monduran". The second time he did the same thing and said "I just love barra fishing". Sort of sums it up really....

Can't wait to get back for another crack....surely I'm not alone??

Pete
    Mmm, one could say "all consuming" and I havn't even caught one of the bloody things.
    I "May" be heading back up soon.

Pete.