Thread: Vale Len Butterworth

Vale Len Butterworth

Have just heard that Len Butterworth, one of the founding partners of Snyderglas, has passed away, aged 90. Our hearts go out to all his friends and loved ones.

Re: Vale Len Butterworth

My, condolences to his family and friends. May his line be always tight.
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Len was a true pioneer of Australian commercial Rod building. I believe he started building cane rods back in the late 1930's and under the Butterworth name built a great reputation for solid glass then tubular glass blanks. I used both in my early years fishing. Len and Dick left Butterworths and developed the Snyder Glas brand that has so many great blanks in use today. He was certainly one of the major players in Australias fishing heritage
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Condolences to his family and friends, a true legend in Australian fishing..

Everyone has owned a Butterworth rod.......Simply Thanks Len.....RIP.....Condolences to his family
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

This is indeed the passing of another legend.
    He shall be remembered by a great number of us indeed.
    My deepest sympathies to his family and all his close mates.

One of my most treasured possessions is in fact a Lenny Butterworth Tonkin cane rod (No.15).
    It'll just mean more to me now.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Condolences to Lens family. Many will remember him while they are out there using one of his rods.

A sad day for the fishing industry, another pioneer passes away.
    Not only was Len remembered for his "Powerod" fishing rods but also "Pastime" fishing reels.(What great names).
    Sincere condolences to his family.

Len's funeral will be held on Thursday 23rd April at 11.30am. The service is at the Trinity Lutheran Church Queen Street Southport .
    Vale Len Butterworth
    Cheers Tezza

Total legend, just found out he passed aged 94 , have caught most of my big barra etc on one of his "super barra" sticks, dont think it will ever die, RIP !!!
    Last edited by hooknose; 12-06-2009 at 07:24 PM. Reason: spelling