Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crab pot labels

Ausfish Platinum Member - R.I.P. October 2015 dayoo's Avatar

Re: Crab pot labels

I use white plastic rectangles cut from empty 2litre milk bottles and laundry marker.

Cheers
    Bazza

Quote Originally Posted by dnej View Post
    Note that page 30 of the rec rules does not state that both the float and the pot have to be marked. Nor does the web site.

From page 30
    "Crab pots and dillies must be marked by an identifying tag bearing the surname and address of the owner." end quote
    Here it does say so
    http://www.daff.qld.gov.au/fisheries...s-and-lobsters
    Crab pots and dillies

In tidal waters, when fishing for blue swimmer crabs, mud crabs and spanner crabs, no more than four crab pots or dillies (or a combination of pots and dillies) may be used per person. Also a person must not possess more than four crab apparatus per person, on a boat on the water.
    Crab pots and dillies must be marked by an identifying tag bearing the surname and address of the owner.
    When not attached to a fixed object (for example tied to a tree above the high water mark), all crab apparatus must have a light coloured surface float attached. The float must not be less than 15 cm in any dimension and must be marked clearly with the owner's name.

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.

For my redclaw pots i have made aluminium tags that have been engraved with my details.
    This way i don't have to worry about the writing fading.

Cheers Dazza

You can also cut your dodgy or rubbish CD and DVD into Traingle shape, drill two holes and to place small zip ties , Put your details on with permanent waterproof texture.

Works good but does fade after a few soaks, at least its one use for them instead of the bin.

I used those tag and test labels and write my details on their.

its cheap and last a long time.