Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Limp Pilchard Society

Re: Limp Pilchard Society

In the UK the commercial baits are packeted in formalin..........this preserves 'em and toughens 'em up. Although salt is good for toughening, , it tends to draw the oils from the bait so leave 'em in the initial salt, and don't change it.

kev

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

Hey Yellowbeard, at those functions you'd be able to:

* point pilly (instead of Percy) at the porcelain
    * shake hands with the limp pilchard, instead of the unemployed (or the wife's best friend)
    * go syphen the pilchard, instead of the python
    * drain the main pilchard, intead of the main vein.

..and you could play 'hide the pilchard' instead of hide the sausage!?

I'm not sure what you'd get out of joining that society apart from a extra stress wrinkles from worrying how & when to wop out the pilchard!

Maybe you could hang one round your neck (or your belt buckle) & wear a cloak then sneak up on a fellow LPS member and flash him. Then if he doesn't show you his own limp pilchard in return at least you'd get a beer out of it.

I might need to investigate that LPS one of these days. Sounds like it might have some potential - for what though, I'm still figuring it out.
    "...a voice in my head keeps telling me to go fishing..."

Ausfish Gold Member ThePinkPanther's Avatar

To improve on the rock salt technique, add a tablespoon of tuna oil to the zippy bag and shake it about before freezing.