Thread: Glenbawn

Glenbawn

hi guys
    i was wondering if anyone has been fishing Glenbawn recently and what areas of the dam are fishing the best and the techniques used. last time i was there slow rolling plastics and jackalls scored well on the gentle sloping banks, however i was thinking that the bass may be beginning to school in the main basin at this time of year. any help would be appreciated
    cheers
    Aadam

Re: Glenbawn

was out there last weekend the fishing was very tough. there are fish to be caught on the banks early with spinnerbaits (purple was a standout) but they were few and far between the majority of fish were caught in 70ft jigging gulps

hope it helps

massive

Now this brings back memories...

Used to fish glenbawn on fly about 7 years ago. We used to head up Friday night, camp on the shore with the boats pulled onto the bank in front of the tents..

Many good trips, but always hard fishing.. Now idea how it is these days so sorry I can't help.

Cheers,
    Steve

She very tough at the moment. Mate of mine scored six in quick time - trolling of all things. Deception nippers and stucky's dragged along way up the back past the 8 knot markers did the trick for them. Nice bass to 38 cm

hi
    thanks for the help guys
    managed to get onto a few throwing silent TN50 and 60s to the timbered edges mostly aroung to beginning of the 8knot zone up the back of the dam.
    thanks again
    aadam

Was up there about a month ago, did well with some good sized yellowbelly, huge catties (I find them anywhere)..these were on worms. Landed a few smallish bass on the troll (hard-bodies) near the dam wall until the ski boats arrived. Nephew was out with his Dad at the same time and cleaned up on the bass using live crickets, his father persisted with plastics for a dismal result.
    The best time at Glenbawn is mid week rather than the w/end, when you can generally get the place to yourself. Water is constant at around 70% at present.

An alternative is Glennies Creek, (lake St Clair) where there have been some good reports in the previous month or so.

Cheers
    Ian