Thread: Mary River

Mary River

Hey fellow members, Some mates and I are heading of north some where for 5 days in the following weeks, looking at a few possible spots to try landbased as we wont have our boat for this trip.

So far the mary river, looking for a bit of local information on the landbased opportunities? Is there many places to access it, I will be driving a 4wd so if finding a spot means a 4wd trip i will do so.

Not after your spot x, simply some help for a fellow fisho.

Thanks Matt.

(Also keen to meet and have a fish with anyone up that area - mostly like throwing lures around ect)

Re: Mary River

Hi Matt,
    the best spots in the mary are hard to get to with out a boat. You can fish beaver rock boat ramp, does quite well, couple spots to set up for the night.

Other options would be down in the state forest, jew hole on tuan creek near poona is one and there are heaps of others but major mission to get to and you will need a lot of bug spray .

are you camping or staying somewhere?

Hervey bay has plenty of land based options, as does maroom, boonooroo, tuan.

i will try and get some maps for you as well. Send me a pm with contact number and i will talk you about where to go.
    Cheers,
    Chong

here ya go, i'll wait for your call
    Cheers

I agree CHong, even though I have neve rcaught a decent fish there in my tinny, the jew hole is about 10 metres deep with plenty of cover for jack etc. As you drive in you can cast into shallower water for livies. Also boat ramp at Tuan is quite good for bream. Can get occasional good fish at Maroom boat ramp. There are good fish around Marybrough town itself, from teh boat club at Queens park for example. Best though would have to be river heads. Plenty of all sorts of fish there, barra jew, cod, etc. LIke Chong says, take the spray.