Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crabbing

Re: Crabbing

Quote Originally Posted by oldboot View Post
    sound like a good idea.

maybe a monthly meeting with an expert speaker and a feed of crab .

how about the "QLD crab grabbers assn"

or the " aquatic aracnid aquasition assotiation"

or the " sustainable crabbing assn"

or "QLD sea floor crustation habitat biodiversity, sustainability and enviroment assn" ( is that green enough)

cheers
    aquatic aracnid aquasition assotiation, is that some sort of disease or a new crab bait Cheers alex

Yes, that's the animal. The one in the vid had lost both claws and was just wandering around in the mangroves before walking down a hole.
    JM

Keen if someelse can get it going

What about Carapas Crusaders!
    Sounds good to get aforum up re the crabs, Id love it
    Flatzie

Maybe a specific forum for Crabbing, Squidding and Prawning.

Maybe Justjack will share the secret of his homemade pheromone bait that is so effective he won't use it anymore

Perhaps we could be the "Inebriated Invertibrate Investigators"
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Hi Poeople's, I had a thought about the governments handling of the crab pot design & suggested changes, and I think there is too many people throwing in thier 2 bobs worth for the government to ever make a decission.

So I reckon we should help them by possibly calling ourselves ECO (Environmental Crustacean Organization) then if bugs or prawns or other ever become an issue we got it covered.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by ssab1 View Post
    aquatic aracnid aquasition assotiation, is that some sort of disease or a new crab bait Cheers alex
    I should have called that

Aquatic Aracnid Aquasition Representation Group....... or AAARG.

cheers
    Its the details, those little details, that make the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by trapem View Post
    Hi Poeople's, I had a thought about the governments handling of the crab pot design & suggested changes, and I think there is too many people throwing in thier 2 bobs worth for the government to ever make a decission.

So I reckon we should help them by possibly calling ourselves ECO (Environmental Crustacean Organization) then if bugs or prawns or other ever become an issue we got it covered.

Mike
    Persactly.........these pollies and public servents are basicly lazy.........if there was a "peak crabbing body", that would make things simple for them, particularly if it was making a well reasoned and argued case.

cheers
    Its the details, those little details, that make the difference.

I couldn't agree more. A peak crabbing body doesn't currently exist and with changes coming then the general public won't have a voice. Personally though, I'd be in it just to share info, stories and beers.

Not all public servants are lazy. I'm one. I'd go into more depth but I couldn't be bothered at the moment.

Well peoples it look like we got a blend of ideas for a name for the club, and if we
    get a broader point of view it could be good, but these are the best 2 I could come up with.

C. Crustacean
    R. Resolution
    &
    A. Advancement
    B. Body
    CLUB

or
    E. Evironmental
    C. Crustacean
    O. Organisation
    CLUB

I dont know how to put this in to a poll, or a better position to get more feedback

Mike
    PS I would like to make a blend of every name put forward.

Good-ay Alex,
    All that you have spoken is correct & I feel if a full set of instructions were aplied to the pots it may also help.

However our environment in most cases requires a certain amount of weight to be sure of them sitting where you put them & not drifting in the current.

I am a balanced enviro recognising the need between protecting & partaking in the resources this great country of ours has to offe, so I am bias to caution in every aspect.

I'm sorry
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by sandbankmagnet View Post
    I couldn't agree more. A peak crabbing body doesn't currently exist and with changes coming then the general public won't have a voice. Personally though, I'd be in it just to share info, stories and beers.

Not all public servants are lazy. I'm one. I'd go into more depth but I couldn't be bothered at the moment.

LMAO Goodonya!!!

Quote Originally Posted by oldboot View Post
    I should have called that

Aquatic Aracnid Aquasition Representation Group....... or AAARG.

cheers
    thanks for clearing that up I'll sleep better now cheers

Would love to see a crab chat board for tips and to support responsible crab practices.

I think with most pots that go floating away, it's due to inexperience and when you don't know what you're doing or learning you usually learn the hard way.

Some new standards on "floats" or even some policing would be good. Sick of seeing 600ml pump water bottles etc. Last night we saw a one litre dark blue oil bottle (thankfully before we ran over it)

I am in and can't wait for the DVD. I bought a boat a few months ago and well lets just say I hate fishing and always love loading the boat up with pots.

Plus 1 for ECO name as well. if there is anything that I can do to help just send me a PM