Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: boat stolen,

boat stolen,

A boat was stolen from the work shop that i work at last night or early hours this morning 1/4/09

it was found to be missing at 230am this morning when security done a random check to find the gate wide open and a cut padlock,

the boat as follows...

about a 4.5 meter runabout allycraft. fitted with a 40hp merc. a few years old with a problem that the owner/mate describes as it wont turn over....( possibly wiring or fuse/startermotor) the unit is on a sealink trailer.

will post some pics in future days..

occured in clontarf industrial area,

lookin at the paper tonight another boat went missing from another dealership on sunday arvo 2 streets away...

lucky i had the trailer lock on my boat last night at the workshop or it could have been taken instead!!!

Re: boat stolen,

Sorry to hear about this activity. It seems to be a real common occurence recently.

Geez that sure is close to home... Thank god i have mine locked with a trailer lock and in the back yard behind a couple of cars...

trailer lock is going on mine now. today.

the sad part about most of the trailer locks on the market is they aint real good, I lost my keys to mine the other week and was suprised to find i could get it off in 5 minutes with just 2 screwdrivers and a hammer.. and wasent too noisy either...

the good part is it does make some noise. and makes them generally look somewhere else for something no sucured....

Hey, you will have to put a pic up of the boat you never know who may see it!!

Quote Originally Posted by iceknight View Post
    the sad part about most of the trailer locks on the market is they aint real good, I lost my keys to mine the other week and was suprised to find i could get it off in 5 minutes with just 2 screwdrivers and a hammer.. and wasent too noisy either...

the good part is it does make some noise. and makes them generally look somewhere else for something no sucured....

geez theres some dickheads about hey. line em up against a wall i say

what sort of trailer locks would you suggest to buy?

The bastards used a crane to lift a rockbreaker from it's cradle on one of my trucks last night. $10k, thanks for coming. I have to buy a new one on Tuesday, can't work without it.

Anyone know where I can buy a stolen one?

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    The bastards used a crane to lift a rockbreaker from it's cradle on one of my trucks last night. $10k, thanks for coming. I have to buy a new one on Tuesday, can't work without it.

Anyone know where I can buy a stolen one?

Tim

Geez Tim....

That's bad....I suppose nobody heard a thing ?????

Where was the truck parked ?????
    Don.
    "Magpie Navy." VHF 73.

It was a Woman who drove me to Drink......
    ....and I never gave her money for the Petrol......

Quote Originally Posted by Donny Boy View Post
    Geez Tim....

That's bad....I suppose nobody heard a thing ?????

Where was the truck parked ?????
    Not a thing. Relatively exposed - Councils have made it virtually impossible to park safely without buying a depot block and fencing it electrically. I don't have that sort of capital.

So much for Governments supporting small business...

Sadly,

Tim

Hey Tim do you have any pics so we can keep an eye out .Sounds like it was nicked to supply an order hey .
    Cheers Tezza

I just had a chat with my Mate who will sell me the new one - he said "Oh, I'll add you to the list."

They are a favoured item, because of the expense. There are plenty of scumbags out there who are prepared to purchase untraceable stolen goods.

So, while I am insured, I will only get market value, maybe $4,500. The new one will cost me $10K ish. Do these $&%^#@( bastards have any idea how hard it is to hit a small Businessman with a bill like that right now???

Untraceable because they have an ID plate, which often gets knocked off the first time it's used. If you put an id anywhere else, it'll just get ground/cut off.

I don't have a pic, but they are blue/green, labelled "General Breakers" model GB 1 T.

I am so terribly angry...

Tim

I really feel for you Tim, and I am truly sorry.

If the people who stole it read this, remember 1 thing... Karma is a b!tch!!!

I hope they get whats coming to them.
    Cheers, Bandit

Tracker Avalanche V18 DC - 175 EFI Mercury OptiMax
    Quintrex 475 TopEnder - 60 EFI Yamaha 4 Stroke

not bad are they ayee!!!.....

if only you could catch them in the act ......

bludgen there fingers off ... or arms!!!!!

And some think I am paranoid - with these sorts of things going on it's no wonder I have the trailer lock on the tow hitch, another cable lock through the spoked wheel, and a new wireless trailer alarm fitted recently that chirps at 103 db when it detects movement or vibration.

I hope they leave me alone now!!!

Scalem