Thread: Ripped at Raby

Ripped at Raby

I have my boat on a private jetty at Raby Bay and some turd has been on the pontoon and stolen a favorite combination of a Daiwa HRF on a new carbon fibre rod. The pontoon is next door to the Raby Bay Marina and Robbie at RBM manages the vacant berths on behalf of the owners who do not have boats. It's been a good arrangement so far, buw I see that all the contents of my boat are quite vulnerable.

I think the robber didn't know much about fishing: he picked the combo on top and missed the much more expensive kit that was further down the stack!

Re: Ripped at Raby

It's really sad that people would do that.

Sorry to hear it, I hope you catch the idiots involved.
    I Fish, I catch, I SNAG

Another oxygen thief as the boss used to say. Hard luck mate but it could have been worse. Maybe they were disturbed and could only grab the 1 outfit. Mate you could always install one of those 'dummy' security cameras in a prominant place.....might work in the future.

Shane

Mum and Dad had their zodiac taken off the back of their boat at Sanctuary Cove late last year, and then they came back for the 9.9 motor! Talk about cheek....There are people that live aboard along their mooring too - so they are very game. There is now an unwritten rule amongst the vessel owners on their peir to act now and ask q's later if you know what I mean...

Marina security are not worth a pinch of poo... and the marina "surveilance cameras" were angled towards the village - go figure...

Maybe the government should make 'mantraps' legal. So they can explain why they got eletrocuted while trying to steal someones property. These scum shit me to tears.

Greg

Sorry to hear that Neil. I hope you have locked everything else up.

Wags

Quote Originally Posted by sleepygreg View Post
    Maybe the government should make 'mantraps' legal. So they can explain why they got eletrocuted while trying to steal someones property. These scum shit me to tears.

Greg
    You'll only end up getting sued Greg.They got more rights than we have.
    Paulo

Guys - you are not going to believe this but it happened again over the last couple of days! Am I a slow learner?

The guys at Raby Bay Marina called me yesterday to advise that my boat's camper cover was flapping about in the breeze and I though this was probably because of the foul weather and winds we were all experiencing over the last few days. NOT SO!

I went down to the boat last night and to my horror, some turd had broken in again and taken some expensive fishing rods and reels and the Tracker 5600 display and the Fish 4600 display. Both of these were at the time, top of the line Navman instruments and of course, all my secret spots went with the C-Map card. It's interesting though - the turds didn't take the autopilot nor the stereo and they left some good fishing tackle as well.

I've just about decided to spend some money on a top of the range Night Sight.

Neil

Sorry to hear that you were a slow learner and that the scum would target you again.
    The first time I was broken into, I was told to be aware in 2 - 4 months it doesn't happen again as that's when I may be targetted.
    I hope your insurance will cover the items stolen. I'm sure you can be helped out with fishing spots. Be thankful they didn't take your boat.

To the thieving scum.....one day you'll have gear stolen from you and I bet you won't think it's very funny.