Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lifestyle tri hull 7400

Lifestyle tri hull 7400

anyone had the chance to ride in one of these boats?

curious on what people think of them. made on sunny coast

http://www.lifestyleboats.com.au/specs.htm

cheers

Mick

Re: Lifestyle tri hull 7400

Hi Mick

Have done so.

Suspension seating is a must, good size cabin, long bunks. Good camping potential in smoothwater. All cats and most monos seem to give a more comfortable less jarring ride in choppy weather or thru seaway bars.

Also seemed fairly wet in cross wind. Very large kill tanks ......................etc

Cheers
    Chimo
    What could go wrong.......................

My neighbour has one, the 6.7 model. He loves it. I have not been on it but he fishes the Hards. He is upgrading to the 7.4 this year.
    ROLL TIDE, ROLL.................

Regards,
    Peter

advantage seems to be the genuine tri hull setup, which allows the inclusion of a large single outboard instead of twin engines. write ups indicate that the hull allows an air cushion effect similar to a cat?

general feedback I have got so far is that it is not worth the extra up front money and extra servicing costs for twin motors, so possibly these are an option with a big single 4 stroke outboard.

the write ups on these boats said soft riding and dry and super stable????

feedback I am getting is that the lifestyle tri hulls don't ride as soft as what the company claims...

Guaranteed it will be rough as guts.

cheers fnq

A mate bought one....having sold his 3000 KC.....and took an instant dislike to it when he was driving it back from the sunny coast to scarbie. Looked great on paper, and ticked all the boxes re fit out...but just didnt feel right. Just one persons opinion though.

Greg

I have been in one of these boats several times and the best advice I can give you is keep looking. A mandatory piece of personal equipment if heading out in one of these boats is a kidney belt and a helmet. They are not a rough water boat; you only need look at the hull to see that. The boat is fine if travelling with the sea but heading in to it is bone jarring. They are a very roomy boat but that’s about all its got going for it. Who ever made the claim they ride as soft as a cat has their hand on it plain and simple, I refuse to ever go fishing in one again unless it’s crabbing up the river.

Stu

another one bites the dust...........

Trueblue, Want the ultimate riding small blue water boat in oz? IMO it's probably one of these:

http://boatpoint.ninemsn.com.au/boat...aspx?R=6189371

cheers fnq

Hey FNQ,

One of those big ram's has turned up around the corner from my place - sitting bare arsed on a trailer with no motor at the moment, but certainly looking the goods. Gotta say it looks longer than its advertised length - its a big lump of boat.

What do you know about them? I've never heard of them.

where do we find details on these Coota Craft boats.

doesn't come up quickly on a google search

Quote Originally Posted by FNQCairns View Post
    Trueblue, Want the ultimate riding small blue water boat in oz? IMO it's probably one of these:

http://boatpoint.ninemsn.com.au/boat...aspx?R=6189371

cheers fnq
    500HP on a 6.6m boat? Damn!

Look like a bit of a takeoff of the older (but still brilliant) Haines hulls. Well worth keeping an eye on I think.