Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lifestyle tri hull 7400

Re: Lifestyle tri hull 7400

Greg the Hainse has square wheels next to this rig

I do not know much about them, sorry - except that if I choose to feel poor for the next 10 years I couldn't think of another hull as worthy as this one to achieve it with

cheers fnq

totally agree fnq,
    been following the increased attention to these beasts on another forum. Makes for great reading and in my opinion is the top mono in Aus at the moment, just wish there was one up north here i could run my eye over.
    This thing is more original than the 233 ever was for haines

looks great, but 1500 kg hull, and minimum of 300 HP required? doesn't sound very economical.

i think you will find its a cut down version of the 233, as each one is built the boat and quality is prgressing, a pair of 140 Zukes wil do the job, but hey with a hull like that why not a pair of 150's or 200's !!!

Awesome looking boat and with 25 degree of dead-rise it needs a lot of weight to sit down in the water when still. The ride would be bloody outstanding. I wonder if they lay right over on their sides like the big US Regulators on sharp turns. Anyone seen those pics of the one playing in the boat wash

Hi Trueblue

Think maybe its time to start a new thread with this cootacraft thingo
    Whatya think?

Cheers
    Chimo
    What could go wrong.......................

Quote Originally Posted by Chimo View Post
    Hi Trueblue

Think maybe its time to start a new thread with this cootacraft thingo
    Whatya think?

Cheers
    Chimo
    If you make it clean i will contact Mark from Cootacraft and see if he will join in
    He is a top bloke that doesn't need any banttering

Regards Frank.

come on guys good lookig rig but not in the class of the haines built boat
    remember this boat is built today not 1970

like i said not a bad rig

not the same as haines new rigs

wayne

Quote Originally Posted by kitty_cat View Post
    come on guys good lookig rig but not in the class of the haines built boat
    remember this boat is built today not 1970

like i said not a bad rig

not the same as haines new rigs

wayne
    True but the lure over this hull is it's raw performance on the water, it's the closest thing to riding the edge of a knife I have seen produced here in Australia. The ride will run rings around the haines in the rough and that is what it is all about, I own neither and probably never will.

cheers fnq

NOT in the same class as a 233 formula. Its a meter shorter for a start and 1 deg in deadrise will do bugger all

It does look like the coota travels real well but how does it sit side on to chop and it looks more like a hard core rig to get you out and back in comfort but at rest not so sure
    not much room 2-3 man fishing rig only
    however I can give the dealer a rap because they sent me up my 225honda and have rung a couple of times to make sure everything went well

Cheers
    SL
    IFISHCQ2

fnq forums are to express opinions
    and remember this is only mine but i have done a couple of hundred hrs in the new haines and run rings around in my opinion is bs sorry but the new haines is awsome at sea and have been caught 60-70klms offshore in some real shit (musgrave r & d trip) maybe a bit pretty for some but i personally like a good looking boat lets face it there all big bucks just depends on how many big bucks you want to spend i also think anything of value you will look after so a bit better looking isnt a problem no such thing as spending 70-120k and calling it a boat i just want to hard core fish out off
    you are going to look after any new boat,

good to see any aussie brand having a go and again looks like a good rig
    just cant see the reason for putting the new haines range down.
    greg and the boys spend plenty of time on the water to keep it real and fish just as much as me and you i can asure you there is heaps of fishing r & d going on

wayne

good luck to the coota boats the new 10mtr job looks interesting

Yeah they are just boats I couldn't care less truthfully as I have no personal stake so I can speak my mind, still no one put the Haines down it is what it is but it cannot be compared to the coota in RIDE that's pretty simple and unbiased too, same as if I said my boats ride cannot be compared with the haines, surely you wouldnt object to me stating that??

cheers fnq

kitty_cat,
    I think the boats are designed and made for different markets.
    Mass produced Vs custom build for a start. I don't think anyone as yet has been trying to put down the Haines group in terms of overall product, the square wheels I think is reffering to outright performance.

EDIT: ahh crap, same as what he said

Quote Originally Posted by FNQCairns View Post
    Yeah they are just boats I couldn't care less truthfully as I have no personal stake so I can speak my mind, still no one put the Haines down it is what it is but it cannot be compared to the coota in RIDE that's pretty simple and unbiased too, same as if I said my boats ride cannot be compared with the haines, surely you wouldnt object to me stating that??

cheers fnq
    FNQ,

I've never been aboard the new Haines flagship in the drink so i'm not qualified to rate it against the Cootacraft (which i've never been aboard either), so I have stopped short of posting here so far.

Have you been aboard the Haines model pictured for any amount of hours? If so i'll shut up, but if not, what makes you think you are qualified to make such a statement as "it cannot be compared to the Coota in RIDE". You yourself said theres none up your way, so have you ridden in the Coota?

I'm not defending the Haines by any stretch as i'm not the biggest fan, but I wouldn't downplay it when I don't have the experience to do so.

I also disagree with Kitty Cat in that the Haines Formula 233 is a great boat, and I would have my doubts that the new HS would be a better ride than it, based on my opinion from owning a 575F Signature.

Regards

Darren