Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rigging Boof Frogs

Re: Rigging Boof Frogs

Quote Originally Posted by moggy1 View Post
    Boys the big drama is the way you are rigging them. Think outside the box. Why do all frogs have to be rigged the same. Dwell on it for abit and i await a reply that has some thought in the issue and not a jump straight to a conclusion.
    Yes .... tried the standard ( backbone) jig head along with jungle hooks ......... but I thought they were designed to be fished weedless ....... sounds like other squidgy products - that need to be boiled or tails clipped

chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Cool Re: Rigging Boof Frogs

Quote Originally Posted by moggy1 View Post
    Boys the big drama is the way you are rigging them. Think outside the box. Why do all frogs have to be rigged the same. Dwell on it for abit and i await a reply that has some thought in the issue and not a jump straight to a conclusion.
    Perhaps you can post some pics on the rigging options

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

Will do, have to charge batteries in camera. No boiling required and not just squidgies are advantaged by boiling them. Try hooking through the front of the nose. Some times the shape of the weed bed can be a pain so, some times hooked 1/3 down the side will make it crab in the same direction as the contour of weed. Works the same as parallel casting to weed beds.
    Ther is no right way or wrong way. But the way that works on any given day.
    Cheers Moggy

i cant get a sniff with the boofs. need to try these other ones for sure. been doing well with the walk the dogs retrived at hi speeds
    figjam :wink:

what size hook are ya using with the horny toads
    figjam :wink:

I have heard that boiling works,haven't tried it myself but now will probably go with the Zooms.
    Paulo

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMark View Post
    I have heard that boiling works,haven't tried it myself but now will probably go with the Zooms.
    Paulo
    Boiling works for all plastics ..... softens them (breaks down the polymer chains) & improves the action ........... but they are also weaker

chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Boiling works for all plastics ..... softens them (breaks down the polymer chains) & improves the action ........... but they are also weaker

chris
    Thinking outside the square I've just tried one in the microwave,bugger they get hot don't smell the best(not popular in certain quarters)but they do wiggle a bit more than previous. I best stick to boiling hey?
    Paulo

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMark View Post
    Thinking outside the square I've just tried one in the microwave,bugger they get hot don't smell the best(not popular in certain quarters)but they do wiggle a bit more than previous. I best stick to boiling hey?
    Paulo
    BOIL ....... NOT NUKE ! Paulo! .....
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Boys,

I have only swam a frog a couple of times (berkleys) so am no expert, but...stop & think about moggys last post on page 1, even better, experiment yourself. the way you rig any type of plastic will have a large bearing on it's action. i've seen pics of the same frog rigged umpteen different ways, all would have a varying action. As they say, horses for courses!

food for thought.
    Colo