Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $25,000 to spend what would you buy?

Re: $25,000 to spend what would you buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Paddyinoz2006 View Post
    Also manchild didnt realise you could take so much depreciation from a new vehicle that sure will help the tax return. On the hilux how much depreciation can I claim for?
    Here is the official link for the legislation : http://www.treasury.gov.au/content/s....asp?NavId=022

Just click on the pfd file link on the bottom.Like Timiboy said see your accountant .
    George
    At Heaven's gate a soldier stood,
    his story ready to tell,
    St Peter said, 'no need my son all is understood,
    Go right in cos you've already served your time in Hell'

I am going to go to the auctions tomorrow with a guy who has a dealers license. I got his number from the trading post and I am going to see how it goes. Has anyone heard about these guys and what have others experience been. It all sounds good. Maybe too good to be true. He takes you to the warehouse and then you have a look around and find a car that suits your criteria. Aparaently you cant buy in these places unless you have a dealers license. He recons that if you were to buy a vehicle at say $20000 this same vehicle would cost you 24990 in a dealars yard! Anyone got any comments about these so called bargain hunters.

Just be warned, if you are not using the vehicle as a commercial vehicle then you cannot claim depreciation of fbt dedcutions. If you are using the vehicle commercially then you can only claim the pertange used for business purposes.

If its a private vehicle then the best way is to lease it without a maintaince package (ie no fuel or service etc) as you can them claim all running expenses which offset FBT.

hey paddy, make sure you do your research as to what prices vehicles are fetching at the moment. the @rse has dropped out of cars now, with prices way less than say 3-6 months ago.

Cheers guys for all your help on here you guys really know what yous are on about. I done a deal today at auction on a 105 landcruiser standard. She has 130 on the clock. rust free, straight body, usual minor scuffs interior. So thank you for your help paddles went with your advise. Everyone else I really appreciate your insightful info. I am hoping I bought a good value for money truck. 22000 on the road. I will post some pics as soon as I have her.

good buying paddy, that's a better deal than i did. they're slow old beasties but you'll always get there. honestly i never thought i'd be able to get into a diesel cruiser, i just couldn't justify the money they cost to buy. but they're going for between $20k to $25k for something only a few years old with 100 to 200000km's on it, ya can't go wrong.

Agreed. Great buying! She'll give you years of pleasure, hell, she's only just run in!

And please, please, go and see an Accountant about the tax bit. Well worth the money, as long as you find a good one.

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Paddles I can see myself asking you a few questions in the near future about maintenence and so on, hope you dont mind me picking your brain. Yeah I was really surprised to see that a low k's landcruiser which is fairly new going so cheap. Im not too worried about the slow bit as I hardly ever get out of the slow lane anyway, Im not a speed merchant by any means. Maybe down the track I might have a look at fitting a turbo. To be honest I didnt really believe you that I could get a cruiser for that k's at that price but as you said research is the key. Also at the moment there are plenty of these avilable at the auctions. the others that were there were lower k's and better nick inside and all detailed. the one I got was not detailed hense the lower price and slightly higher k's. I prefer to see them with there work clothes on anyway.

Timiboy I am going to have a chat to my accountant about the tax thing. Thanks very much for your input mate. Maybe when I get her broke in we can meet up for a off road test. Sure u would know the places to go.

too easy paddy, this cruiser is my first diesel powered car but other than my rally cars i've only ever owned 4wd's for 20 years so have picked up a few little things on the way. luckily i have a good mate who's a diesel fitter and another one who's a mechanic so anything i can't figure out i bounce off these two blokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddyinoz2006 View Post
    Timiboy I am going to have a chat to my accountant about the tax thing. Thanks very much for your input mate. Maybe when I get her broke in we can meet up for a off road test. Sure u would know the places to go.

If you want a good Accountant, I'm happy to refer you to mine. PM me if you want.

Oh Hell, this is no good! I don't know anywhere close to Brisbane. Time to start the research, I've been mulling that for a while now.

So, where to do fourby day trips near Brissy without bending panels, but not minding a scratch or two? Ideas? Tag alongs? M&G?

INPUT PLEASE!!!

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.