Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brissy - where to get a good galv trailer

Brissy - where to get a good galv trailer

Been looking for high side galv 7x4 trailer as a long term investment. The usual garden work, and haulling the camping gear around. Wife wants to go galv to make it last longer.

Been looking at Hans kit but they only go to 450 mm, and I thinking the wife might need an extra two inches with all the stuff she takes camping

Just looking at perhaps 20km of dirt track at the max so nothing serious, so is anything more than 5 leaf slipper kit and standard tyres worth it ? Hans quoting 450 for a axle, wheel, suspension upgrade.

Guess I'm looking to spend 1800-2500, and looking at options for stablizers, gas/fuel holders etc.

Anyone recommend any other companies as its hard to see who's good, who's selling bolted together rubbish, and who's just reselling for extra cash.

Thanks
    Stacer 525 easyrider - 115 DI. Bayside Brissy

Re: Brissy - where to get a good galv trailer

Try PBL , they are at Brendale 38812121

g'day DM. i bought a 7x4 "allroader" model from nathan trailers about 18 months ago. it has 550 sides and is hot dipped, cost $2300 at the time with patrol wheels and a spare wheel carrier with spare. i'd be expecting to pay anywhere up to $3k now for something similar, and if you want extras be expecting to pay more. ie. a mate recently bought a similar trailer in 7x5 with fuel can holders and ladder racks and paid just under $4k. see how you go blowing your budget. ring around for pricing too, there's heaps of trailer builders. buyer beware though, there's absolutely no regulation in this industry other than basic registration.

looks like i should go back into making trailers again!

Just to give some ideas of quotes for a 7x4 high side galv trailer

Opal trailers cleveland

Semi Off Road box trailer -7x4 – 525mm sides = $2555.00
    + 8” swing up jockey wheel $25.00
    + Torneau cover $445.00
    + Hot Dipped galvanised $825.00
    + Registration $115.00
    Total $3965.00

G&S trailers
    On road version , $2260 for trailer, jockey + rego

Just trailers

Semi offroad 2025 + 1000 to galv

Austrailers

7 x 4 heavy duty semi off road trailer with 520mm high sides, checker plate floor and guards, gas bottle, jerry can holer, side swing tailgate, rear stabilizers, jockey wheel @ $1960.00 + $600 to galv

Hans

1625 for the trailer + 425 for off-road kit. but
    sides are 1.6 and the floor is 1.2 mm

Not heard back from about 5 others

those quotes seem pretty well on the money mate. that australers one is very cheap though and could be the go, make sure that you check one of them out first though to make sure they're built ok and not in a chinese factory.

Now thinking about forgetting the galv, and just buying a 1500 trailer, and keeping it in the garage or under the shade shed. only likely to use it 10 times a year.

my camper i made is not hot dipped! i made sure i took care preping it and painting it! the chassis is duragal but the rest is just normal black steel! but as said i have plenty coats of paint and also i lenotec mine!
    it does many beachtrips and still going strong! if you look after it then it will last!

My builder's trailer was a fairly cheap KOALA - or Terry's . It cost about $1100 in 2000.
    Like shano's mine was made from duragal then painted.
    It's done some extra curricular trips to Fraser, spends it whole life on the road, and runs slipper springs. It is still going fine and is showing rust only where the owner has cut/drilled holes etc in it and hasn't primed the edges. P.S. painting duragal has proven to be a complete woftam.

For the prices you're quoting above I'd look at Trackabout and get a real one - I was quoted between $3-4 for their one - resale would be guaranteed.

I know where the is a 7 X 5 aluminium off road trailer brand new for $2500 unregistered.

Swing out tailgate
    Nissan rims (I think) and spare
    Duragal chassis Aluminium the rest.

try economy trailers at goodna i looked all over a couple of years ago
    they were by far the best value for a 7x4 gal trailer
    made a couple of mods for me and cost was under $1200 at the time
    iv'e carted two trail bikes plus gear several times thousands of ks and it's standing up extremely well
    cheers brian

Hans agent has come back with which looks like a good around price for transporting self, and won't rust in the garden.

500 sides, jockey, spare, racks, tailgate.

7x4 - 1525
    7x5 - 1625

good stuff DM. remember to leave it tilted up with the jockey wheel so water doesn't sit in it and NEVER leave it full of rubbish sitting out in the weather. a bit of fishoil everywhere underneath and in the box sections when you first buy it will also extend it's life.

http://www.gsfabrications.com.au/gal...-trailers.html

Cheap, I have heard, but never dealt with them myself.

Thanks, they looks like hans trailers , well some of them have the hans logo on them.