Quote Originally Posted by trymyluck View Post
Hi
Great reading, we use half a keg with our camp oven. Does a great job of cooking roasts while your out fishing. The half a keg has a bit of mesh in the bottom, we place 14 to 16 (going off memory here, its been a few years) heat beads in and get them going. Next put the roast in on a cake rack to stop it sticking to the bottom with some oil. The camp oven sits snug in the cooker with some holes for ventilation and thats it. You go fishing, the roast cooks, the heat beads burn out, turns the heat off and you come back to dinner cooked, reheat and throw some vegies in if you want and while everyone is sitting there wondering how you can fish all day and still be eating roast dinner your tucking in.

Mark
Great mind think alike. Can't waste good fishing time nurse maiding a roast.

I was in a party of 5 fishing Bathurst Bay a few yrs ago and we all had to take turns staying in the camp as there were only 2 boats. When it was my turn I decided to make bread for lunch. I used my Bedourie but there was a small bit of fire and I didn't rotate the oven result one side burnt very black so I left it on the table to throw out. Got rid of the fire and tried again and it came out perfect. When they got back from fishing I told them what had happened no problems they cut off the burnt bit lathered the rest with syrup and ate it so it didn't get wasted after all.

Don't underestimate what a hungry fisherman will do.