Page 1 of 54 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Agnes / 1770 M & G 2009. Dates are up.

Agnes / 1770 M & G 2009. Dates are up.

OK folks we have some info for you to ponder.

Qld school holidays are from Sept 19 to Oct 4.

NSW school holidays are from Oct 5 to Oct 16.

Closed season CRFF, if they decide to do it will be Oct 15 to Oct 24.

Statistically and historically September is the ' calmest ' month, wind wise.

Have a read here :-

http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/averag...w_039314.shtml

What are your thoughts on a September trip this year ?

best dates are :-

5th Sept to 13th..... Full moon....5th

12th Sept to 20th.. New moon 19th.

Moon Phases.

Moon by day....fish by day

Moon by night....fish by night.

There are a couple of variables here this year.

Seems the school holidays have given us curry and the non-announcement from the DPI&F regarding CRFF Seasonal Closures.

The PBA are going from the 3rd til the 10th...... Smack bang in the middle of school holiday season. That's why there is / will be a shortage of houses for rent, AND the rent will be " peak period " rates.

I'll make the call now.

If a majority disagrees, say so and we'll work on it.

I hereby declare, in the name of " Joy ". The Agnes / 1770 Ausfish Annual M & G be held from Saturday 12th September until Friday 18th September.

You may wish to extend your time there as I intend to do and stay until the Sunday 20th. Let's not forget that QLD school hols start the 19th, so check with your R/E agent about rates......

The Moon phases tell me that day fishing will be best, and certainly the morning bite will be a cracker.

Although the PBA guys will be hitting 1770 later, the PBA Vs Ausfish Fish-Off is still on.

Be nice to see a show of hands now and get this thing happening. Best to sort out accom / houses mates / crew / deckies etc now.

Cheers Phill
    .><> ><> ><> Go Team Sunlover

The information below is a copy of a post made by Mr_Bean ( Darren ) and is FYI.

Ok, maybe it is time to put a bit more emphasis on the fishing that this Meet and Greet provides.

For those members that haven't fished this area before Agnes Water / 1770 offers a very good variety of estuary, inshore and offshore fishing. Boats of all sizes can enjoy productive fishing grounds with the help of members attending the meet and greet.

By far the best attraction (to me anyway) is the ability to safely travel far offshore in a trailer boat to enjoy some magnificent reef fishing. The safety the meet and greet offers is the travel in numbers and the collective experience in the group.

For anyone contemplating the trip out (in my opinion should be anyone in a seaworthy boat around 5.5 metres and over) stable weather is the driving factor, hence moving this years dates in pursuit of the most stable wind conditions.

For me this year will be my 4th year attending and it is a trip that my teenage son and I look forward to for the entire year, it usually goes something like this:

Arrive in Agnes around lunchtime on the Saturday and the four in our group settle into a rented house (about $500-800 for the week), the houses are usually well set up for fisherman with bait freezers, boat parking and bbq's etc. Once settled we check the latest weather and the planning starts from there. Boat is packed for a planned 2 or 3 day trip. Food, water, bedding, clothes, additional fuel all have to be stored in a manner that allows safe operation and meaningful fishing.

Fuel should not be underestimated, we fill the tank and then load additional plastic jerry cans to maximise our ability to travel around the reef whilst out there, last year we took 4 jerry cans and this year we will pack additional ones if the weather looks supportive of a longer session.

The Saturday night then turns our attention to the traditional BBQ get together and infamous cook-off. This is a chance to get together at one house and meet the other attendees and welcome the newcomers. It is also a chance to plan and agree on areas to be fished and where the overnight stays will be planned for.

The reef fishing provides 3 main overnight locations, Fitzroy Reef which provides a safe lagoon to anchor, Lady Musgrave Island which also offers a safe lagoon, or out on the water either chasing the night fish or anchoring outside a lagoon to fish into the night.

At the end of the cook-of and after much bravado you will pretty much understand who is there to fish and who is there to capitalise on the social elements of the week, and it does provide well for both markets.

Weather permitting our team will aim to be on the water early Sunday morning and head straight out the 50 or so kilometers to the relatively safe waters that abound the reef, as mentioned earlier the boat will be packed for an overnighter and hoping for a three day trip if the weather forecast safely supports it.

Typically there are later starters on the Sunday depending on the hour that they finished the night before and which stage they played up on. Last year the group split and some spent the first night in an estuary up the coast before their trip to the reef. Last year we had some initial weather that was forecast to clear so we head out into the rough knowing it would get better by both the forecast and the calmer waters once you get out amongst the reef.

The remainder of the week is punctuated by weather, exhaustion, bait and ice supplies and bag limits. Some prefer to kick back and enjoy some golf, others use the social times to exchange fishing knowledge andtechniques. Its actually a bit wonky when you get back on land after a couple of days in a trailer boat, the shower feels magnificent and the counter tea at the pub is to die for.

At the end of the week we usually get together and tally up peoples success, share this year's stories and toast yet another meet and greet gone by. Planning the next year's strategies usually begins the next morning from what you picked up from the others experiences the night before.

So if you would like to come join us then don't be put off by our banter you see here, that is just our way of dealing with the wait.

If you think you might be interested then come forward with your questions.

Most of all, if you think you would like to join a like minded bunch that get go out fishing together then get your group organised and join in.

- Darren
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 28-04-2009 at 09:39 PM.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Re: Agnes / 1770 M & G 2009. Dates are up.

Am I in Team Wave, or did I just have a guest spot?

If not I've had a very lucrative offer from a competitor!

I'd rather do Wave if I can sleep in either my own room or share with a non (or light) snorer!!!

Geez, I could also sleep in the boat if it's on the flat. Probably where I'll end up anyway if I fart too much...

I'm entirely desperate to see Tangles trying to cast that 500 kg line off the balcony... ZZZZT, SPOOLED... damn...

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

sounds good to me, might even get Rob Tranter in with those dates as the Birdsville Races are on the 4/ and 5th

if not I will get there one way or another, even if I have to smell TimiBoy's farts all the way

cheers Murf

Our usual house was already booked .

This year we will be at STARFISH, one of the www.beachesof1770.com.au houses.

This morning they still had the following houses available for the week:
    BALI HOUSE
    JABOULA
    SEASCAPE
    PALM ISLES

Good luck.

- Darren

Have a good time you lot.

I hope the Fishing is Good and the Drinking better

No Murf, I can't make those dates as the Birdsville trip is for Two weeks and we expect to be home on the 12th, and an extra week would be pushing it.

That should answer your question re House organising, andI have let Stu and Damo know.

Rob T

Quote Originally Posted by rob tranter View Post
    Have a good time you lot.

I hope the Fishing is Good and the Drinking better

No Murf, I can't make those dates as the Birdsville trip is for Two weeks and we expect to be home on the 12th, and an extra week would be pushing it.

That should answer your question re House organising, andI have let Stu and Damo know.

Rob T

any one from NSW going to take up the slack left by Tranter? big boots to fill

Okay who wants an annoying (are we there yet) passenger/room mate/deckie?

cheers Murf

Hi
    I was wanting to have a go at this one last year but lack of spine(crook back) had me sidelined for a while. So this year I'm there, maybe with a decky or maybe not, havn't checked with him yet. If someone wants to share a house, let me know otherwise with just 2 of us then we will try and camp somewhere.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Mr__Bean View Post
    Our usual house was already booked .

This year we will be at STARFISH, one of the www.beachesof1770.com.au houses.

This morning they still had the following houses available for the week:
    BALI HOUSE
    JABOULA
    SEASCAPE
    PALM ISLES

Good luck.

- Darren
    Darren, before i left last year (with the boat hooked on) i checked out a few other places, including Starfish. I assume your rig will have similar ground clearance/overhang as mine, but the driveway at Starfish looked out of the question (mountable curb, I think, plus a bit of a slope up, with a hump) and i tried backing up onto the grass, which looked achievable, but the trailer bottomed even with the best approach angle available. Your rig might need to be on the street unless you have better ground clearance. Although couple of planks might help!

To others; I stayed at Palm Isles, nice house but not the best area (neighbouring houses were mostly vacant and trashed - there seemed to be a lot of kids/teenagers around and not at school ). However, we didn't have any trouble over the week - save for a local dog who stole one of my crocs -but recovered it from his collection. Skinny one-way streets, but managable, and with a boat hitched you have to exit out the 'In' street. Steepish descent down Palm Isles Ct, to the house, but OK. Cheap rent!
    cheers
    Brendon

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    Am I in Team Wave, or did I just have a guest spot?

If not I've had a very lucrative offer from a competitor!

I'd rather do Wave if I can sleep in either my own room or share with a non (or light) snorer!!!

Geez, I could also sleep in the boat if it's on the flat. Probably where I'll end up anyway if I fart too much...

I'm entirely desperate to see Tangles trying to cast that 500 kg line off the balcony... ZZZZT, SPOOLED... damn...

Cheers,

Tim
    I hope it's available

If/when Wave is locked in Skippers will get a room to the ownsies

The main bedroom (complete with private spacious ensuite) will be on offer to the highest bidder ! (Will take bribes of bottles of rum before a decision is made)

Damo.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Rat View Post
    I hope it's available

If/when Wave is locked in Skippers will get a room to the ownsies

The main bedroom (complete with private spacious ensuite) will be on offer to the highest bidder ! (Will take bribes of bottles of rum before a decision is made)

Damo.
    Cheap Bitch

So who's organising the booking, Team Wave?

I'm ready to go!!! Gear's packed, trailer's been checked, tractor's being serviced next week!

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Phill,
    You are going to have to "include me out" this year. Heading to the US on 4 Sept.
    ROLL TIDE, ROLL.................

Regards,
    Peter

Ahhhh yes September. What a wonderfull Idea Phil. Your a genius coming up with September as the new M&G month. Why didnt I think of it????? ENOUGH SAID.

I AM IN. As always. This time I can stay for the week cause its in SEPTEMBER. Your a bloody legend Phil. What would we do without you eh mate???

Now to you all, onto another and much more touchy subject that needs reconcilliation NOW. The cookoff. Yes I am already on the bandwagon because I was ripped off. A bloody car salesman that has been ripped off is not a good thing. However, it needs to be made quite clear that NEWBY won last years cookoff and if our distinguished judges could bloody count, I would have the trophy at my house now. I happen to have, in my posession, the vote count and it is clear that NEWBY was, once again, the winner of the cookoff. Dont believe me????? ASK PHIL. yes it is true. I WON.

Now that I have that off my chest, I will also add that as the REAL winner, I will not be participating this year as I think it only fair to let someone else win for a change. I am truly unbeatable and I have fined tuned my recipes and skills even further over this summer so it really would be unfair for me to participate.

WELL What a year its been eh?
    World credit crisis...How the hell does a whole world run out of money????

Labor voted back in in QLD...Goes without saying really...and what was the competition... A real case of better the devil you know. We didnt really want the INDY CAR wrecker back in power.

Morton bay closures...... Greenies get one step closer to NO MORE FISHING IN AUSTRALIA. Yes they will win because nobody does enough to protect our lifestyles.

Mining companies selling out to the chinese......Remember the 70' with the Japanese buying the gold coast..

And through it all, we, the fishers of Australia have said "FU*$K THE WORLD, were going to Agnes. Were going to drink lots of p!$$ and were going to have a great time. As always. As usual.
    Recession?????? What recession????? So despite KRUDD and SWANN's best efforts to stuff this country up, were still going to Agnes. We still have our meet and greet.
    Thank F*%CK for Ausfish.
    OH last but not least. This year see's a NEW IMPROVED newby who is OFF THE SMOKES.
    6 1/2 weeks without craving or temper tantrum.

P.S. I hope that everyone who got the government handout spent it on fishing tackle. Hopefully Australian made stuff too.

Thats newby's word for now.
    Off to Vanuatu on Tuesday for a few weeks.
    Take care all of you (Yes even you deckie)
    How many sleeps to go?????

LMFAO
    I CAME INTO THIS WORLD KICKING, SCREAMING AND COVERED IN SOMEONE ELSES BLOOD. I HAVE NO PROBLEM GOING OUT THE SAME WAY.
    NEWBY T.G.

Quote Originally Posted by NEWBY View Post
    Ahhhh yes September. What a wonderfull Idea Phil. Your a genius coming up with September as the new M&G month. Why didnt I think of it????? ENOUGH SAID.

I told Phil Sep would be better

I AM IN. As always. This time I can stay for the week cause its in SEPTEMBER. Your a bloody legend Phil. What would we do without you eh mate???

Now to you all, onto another and much more touchy subject that needs reconcilliation NOW. The cookoff. Yes I am already on the bandwagon because I was ripped off. A bloody car salesman that has been ripped off is not a good thing. However, it needs to be made quite clear that NEWBY won last years cookoff and if our distinguished judges could bloody count, I would have the trophy at my house now. I happen to have, in my posession, the vote count and it is clear that NEWBY was, once again, the winner of the cookoff. Dont believe me????? ASK PHIL. yes it is true. I WON.

Okay Okay who finally let the cat out of the bag Oh and I voted for you mate (suck suck)

Now that I have that off my chest, I will also add that as the REAL winner, I will not be participating this year as I think it only fair to let someone else win for a change. I am truly unbeatable and I have fined tuned my recipes and skills even further over this summer so it really would be unfair for me to participate.

Thank F*%CK for Ausfish.
    OH last but not least. This year see's a NEW IMPROVED newby who is OFF THE SMOKES.
    6 1/2 weeks without craving or temper tantrum.

OMFG without a smoke what do you have in your hand all the time then?

LMFAO

catch you soon big fella

Cheers Murf

Newbs,
    You big sook , I have the trophy mate, I wasnt going to enter this year either to give you a chance to reign at the cook-off.

mike
    Tangles KFC