Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Agnes / 1770 M & G 2009. Dates are up.

Re: Agnes / 1770 M & G 2009. Dates are up.

Quote Originally Posted by rob tranter View Post
    I Have some bad news for you all

ROB T

WILL

BE THERE

YEH,YEH,YEH

Phill,

Are we locked in on those dates?

Maybe we could pick another more difficult date.

- Darren

hey murf reef is definatly the main factor with the heavy leader double thumb the spool and pull the bigger fish of the reef ,after making some ground you can wear the fish out mid water letting them run abit with out fear of the reef busting you up.
    also we hit the odd patch of big ajs and they will just bite you off with the lighter leader costing you plenty of gear (we have found the big reds and ajs will often be in the same area)
    wayne
    ps good luck at fraser we will be up just for looks not fishing just cheacking out the comp since it is the last

Quote Originally Posted by rob tranter View Post
    I Have some bad news for you all

ROB T

WILL

BE THERE

YEH,YEH,YEH

HAVE BOOKED SUNDANCE,

HAVE RANG CHICKSLOVEIT, HE AND HIS DECKIE'S WILL HELP PAY THE RENT

MURF IS THINKING ABOUT IT

THE HUG'S AND KISSES HAS GIVEN THE GREEN LIGHT.

ALL IS GOOD

ROB THE BLUE T
    woooooo hoooooo

look out you morons now haha Rob T is back

hey Tim stick ya big soft Toyota I am going in a real 4WD but a ride in the boat will still be good haha

cheers Murf

Quote Originally Posted by Mr__Bean View Post
    Phill,

Are we locked in on those dates?

Maybe we could pick another more difficult date.

- Darren
    Sh!t Darren
    are you bringing your Twin sister with you this year

Hey hey hey.....

Ease up, that's the good lady!!

- Darren

Quote Originally Posted by Mr__Bean View Post
    Hey hey hey.....

Ease up, that's the good lady!!

- Darren
    OUT STANDING lololololololol

Rob T

pmsl,

thats down right scary men.............................lol

cheers dale

Righto ladies back on air after a week away from AF

Rob i'll make room on the shelf at "Verandahs of Agnes" for my litre of Rum after the Origin ! but will take 2 x 700ml bottles of Joy in lieu ! (cheaper for you !)

Don't care what colour the shirts are as long as there not Blue !

Bought a new baitcaster combo for chasing Barra/Jacks today thanks to Mr Rudd for up in Townsville from the local tackle shop. Shimano Curado 300DSV, 5ft 8 Graphite rod and 30lb braid

Smell ya's later !

Damo.

Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    so how many votes are we up to now for light blue shirts this year

I am originally a Toronto/ Wangi Wangi boy

cheers Murf
    Murf

I am born and bred in Wangi Wangi - lived there for 28yrs. In fact I have just driven 13 hrs back from there aftwer visiting family.

Steve

HTML Code:
    Rob i'll make room on the shelf at "Verandahs of Agnes" for my litre of Rum after the Origin ! ;D but will take 2 x 700ml bottles of Joy in lieu ! (cheaper for you !)
    Good to see you back big fella

Due to the State of the Economy, caused by the world wide Economic Crises.
    The bet will have to be on the Outcome of the S.O.O Series, and I will be more than happy to Take a 1.125mm bottle of Genuine Bundaberg rum from you

Go the Blue's.

Now that is enough on drinkling, because if you go back a few pages, you will see where Phill has said that this will be a serious fishing M&G.
    I thought it was always like that, you just can't help the weather

Nice reel, have one miself, how come your mate Mr Dudd, has forked out for you and not me,must be a Queerlander thing .

Rob the Blue T

Ok, maybe it is time to put a bit more emphasis on the fishing that this Meet and Greet provides.

For those members that haven't fished this area before Agnes Water / 1770 offers a very good variety of estuary, inshore and offshore fishing. Boats of all sizes can enjoy productive fishing grounds with the help of members attending the meet and greet.

By far the best attraction (to me anyway) is the ability to safely travel far offshore in a trailer boat to enjoy some magnificent reef fishing. The safety the meet and greet offers is the travel in numbers and the collective experience in the group.

For anyone contemplating the trip out (in my opinion should be anyone in a seaworthy boat around 5.5 metres and over) stable weather is the driving factor, hence moving this years dates in pursuit of the most stable wind conditions.

For me this year will be my 4th year attending and it is a trip that my teenage son and I look forward to for the entire year, it usually goes something like this:

Arrive in Agnes around lunchtime on the Saturday and the four in our group settle into a rented house (about $500-800 for the week), the houses are usually well set up for fisherman with bait freezers, boat parking and bbq's etc. Once settled we check the latest weather and the planning starts from there. Boat is packed for a planned 2 or 3 day trip. Food, water, bedding, clothes, additional fuel all have to be stored in a manner that allows safe operation and meaningful fishing.

Fuel should not be underestimated, we fill the tank and then load additional plastic jerry cans to maximise our ability to travel around the reef whilst out there, last year we took 4 jerry cans and this year we will pack additional ones if the weather looks supportive of a longer session.

The Saturday night then turns our attention to the traditional BBQ get together and infamous cook-off. This is a chance to get together at one house and meet the other attendees and welcome the newcomers. It is also a chance to plan and agree on areas to be fished and where the overnight stays will be planned for.

The reef fishing provides 3 main overnight locations, Fitzroy Reef which provides a safe lagoon to anchor, Lady Musgrave Island which also offers a safe lagoon, or out on the water either chasing the night fish or anchoring outside a lagoon to fish into the night.

At the end of the cook-of and after much bravado you will pretty much understand who is there to fish and who is there to capitalise on the social elements of the week, and it does provide well for both markets.

Weather permitting our team will aim to be on the water early Sunday morning and head straight out the 50 or so kilometers to the relatively safe waters that abound the reef, as mentioned earlier the boat will be packed for an overnighter and hoping for a three day trip if the weather forecast safely supports it.

Typically there are later starters on the Sunday depending on the hour that they finished the night before and which stage they played up on. Last year the group split and some spent the first night in an estuary up the coast before their trip to the reef. Last year we had some initial weather that was forecast to clear so we head out into the rough knowing it would get better by both the forecast and the calmer waters once you get out amongst the reef.

The remainder of the week is punctuated by weather, exhaustion, bait and ice supplies and bag limits. Some prefer to kick back and enjoy some golf, others use the social times to exchange fishing knowledge andtechniques. Its actually a bit wonky when you get back on land after a couple of days in a trailer boat, the shower feels magnificent and the counter tea at the pub is to die for.

At the end of the week we usually get together and tally up peoples success, share this year's stories and toast yet another meet and greet gone by. Planning the next year's strategies usually begins the next morning from what you picked up from the others experiences the night before.

So if you would like to come join us then don't be put off by our banter you see here, that is just our way of dealing with the wait.

If you think you might be interested then come forward with your questions.

Most of all, if you think you would like to join a like minded bunch that get go out fishing together then get your group organised and join in.

- Darren

top post Darren you really summed it up. I think Phill should put it up on the first page

please mother nature bring on favourable weather and some RED colour for Darren's young fella, a nice 10kg red will have him dreaming for another twelve months of catching a bigger one

As soon as I get back from the Fraser Is comp I will call for shirt orders to commemorate this years famous M&G, if anyone wants to have their business on the shirts then send me a PM

cheers Murf

PHP Code:
    For anyone contemplating the trip out (in my opinion should be anyone in a seaworthy boat around 5.5 metres and overstable weather is the driving factorhence moving this years dates in pursuit of the most stable wind conditions 
    As Murf said,

Darren great post, but I might be trying it in my 4.75, as you said, safety in numbers, and it will have to be flat.

I've been pestering my treasurer for funds for a new boat but so far

Rob T

Quote Originally Posted by catfishkid View Post
    I could well be a late starter here,do any teams need another member/crew.If so could you please advise rough share of costs and I will go with hat in hand to see the minister for war and finance to get a leave pass.

Cheers Craig

I would prefer if possible to join another crew for my first trip up there.
    I am not sure my boat would have the fuel capacity for the distances involved up there,I only have 80l underfloor and generally carry three jerrys when I go out down here.
    Please refer to my question above,would an estimate of $600ish in shared costs(Accomodation and fuel) plus food,bait etc... be close??
    If any group wants another crew member please let me know.

Cheers Craig
    If you always do what you've always done
    You'll always get what you've always got

I am joining another crew whilst up there - my 5m is a little on the small side for offshore and I have no offshore capt experience yet. PLUS I am a 1770 newbie.

Chris
    Cheers,
    Chris