Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: MONDY IN APRIL (17- 19th) MINI MUSTER

Re: MONDY IN APRIL (17- 19th) MINI MUSTER

some new locations / tactics - but hopefully a fish or several

chris[/quote]

Now..... come on Chris, that should be several fish each, each session fished

We must be positive mate

John.

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    plenty of room in Chris's hornet, John, if it was me I'd take everything, plus a couple of other necessary items such as a large ghetto blaster, bunch of bananas, big tray of sinkers ( for dropping in the hull), large flying gaff, a small yappy dog (borrowed if need be, theres usually one or two lolling around the camp ground), Im sure theres a couple of other things Ive missed, but you get the idea.....
    Hey Brian, There's a clue there

Small fluffy yappy dog, just like the one you nearly turned into a doggy pizza, 16/0 hook zip tied to it's back, dog paddling through the sticks.

A self propelled fly, just what you need for those pig eating barra

John.

Quote Originally Posted by Obi _ Wan View Post
    some new locations / tactics - but hopefully a fish or several

chris
    Now..... come on Chris, that should be several fish each, each session fished

We must be positive mate

John.
    Didn't you know that's what I meant
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    Gee's it's not a bad problem to have John.......You may have to buy a Poly tender like TonyM's "Daisy" The Poly Tackle Tender
    Whitto,
    A number of years ago while fishing at Faust in real tiger country i lost a couple of hundred dollars worth of lures.

No bloody 2 kilo line either, timber so thick you could not get a boat through it to chase fish, if you didn't try to play hardball with the fish, thats get them up and keep them jumping you just lost the fish to the timber.
    Sure there were many fish lost through throwing lures back at you or just cutting you off with the gill plates, awesome stuff, it replays through my mind every night.

Anyway, i found that i was out of my choice of lures and although Lindsay Dobe had a good stock of lures there was always some that i could not replace while away.

Answer, go with a good selection of the lures of my choice, enter a tackle store, buy 4 of that 4 of that etc. of course a standard barra lure is not that small and takes a bit of room to store.

John.

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    plenty of room in Chris's hornet, John, if it was me I'd take everything, plus a couple of other necessary items such as a large ghetto blaster, bunch of bananas, big tray of sinkers ( for dropping in the hull), large flying gaff, a small yappy dog (borrowed if need be, theres usually one or two lolling around the camp ground), Im sure theres a couple of other things Ive missed, but you get the idea.....
    AAAAhhhh GGGGGeeeee''''''''ssss now ya let the cat out of the bag Brian.......You know whats going to happen don't ya They will have the best Barra trip ever now...I can just see it.....I can just see the headlines "Three blokes in a Skeeter have a Barra blinder one in particular with a HUGH Tackle Box"
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

well i went to church today since i can not make it next weekend and prayed for 30-40 se winds and blinding rains,
    Lucky buggers but being the hethan that i m i just know my prayers will not be answered good luck guys

shane

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    Gee's it's not a bad problem to have John.......You may have to buy a Poly tender like TonyM's "Daisy" The Poly Tackle Tender
    Sounds like you might need it John - gimme a yell if you want to borrow Daisy and I'll bring her up

I've been having fun today trying to sort out all my GPS marks, have been meaning to collate them all and rename etc so they make some sense for years.

Tommorow is the time for me to get all the lures out of their boxes, trays, buckets, bags, etc. and lay them all out and try and get some semblance of order happening (been putting that off for a while too)

I still have to get the boat put back together too! I've stripped it out to get to know her a bit better. Geez I better get cracking or I might have to fish out of Daisy!

Cheers
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
    Sounds like you might need it John - gimme a yell if you want to borrow Daisy and I'll bring her up

I've been having fun today trying to sort out all my GPS marks, have been meaning to collate them all and rename etc so they make some sense for years.

Tommorow is the time for me to get all the lures out of their boxes, trays, buckets, bags, etc. and lay them all out and try and get some semblance of order happening (been putting that off for a while too)

I still have to get the boat put back together too! I've stripped it out to get to know her a bit better. Geez I better get cracking or I might have to fish out of Daisy!

Cheers
    Tony
    Now there is a thought Tony - Bring Daisy ...... tow her up to the entrance to B - fill her with ice ,beer & extra tackle The MMM tender! ......... then we dont need to head back to camp

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

You're an ideas man Chris!

Hmm I wonder how much a Whatsamajiggy Lure in Chartreuse would be worth up the back of the dam if you lost your last one? Might have to have a chat to Foxy about setting up Foxies floating Havoc? (probably get $20 a can for "Toughen up princess" too)

Why dont you buggers just fill the daisy up with all the bloody lures, between you we could drag the whole of B bay in one swoop... just think we would get fish , rods , reels, Navi and Vinnie!

You're an ideas man Chris!

Hmm I wonder how much a Whatsamajiggy Lure in Chartreuse would be worth up the back of the dam if you lost your last one? Might have to have a chat to Foxy about setting up Foxies floating Havoc? (probably get $20 a can for "Toughen up princess" too)
    Straight to the pool room with that one !
    During trolling season ..... just fill her up with gold 20+ vipers = $$$$$$$$

We might be onto something here Tony

Now go & organise those lures

Cheers

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post
    Why dont you buggers just fill the daisy up with all the bloody lures, between you we could drag the whole of B bay in one swoop... just think we would get fish , rods , reels, Navi and Vinnie!
    speaking of the Nav & Vin ..... where are they ? - been very quiet

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post

Now go & organise those lures
    No way - I'm sucking on a Pure Blonde at the moment and don't trust myself around sharp hooks

Nath - I Imagine Nav & Vin would put up a pretty good fight

p.s. where's my rifle - these bunnies are annoying the heck out of me

ah hows this rain im over t rain 3 week holiday and its rain most of it got to lov that not OH well better go to my mothers for dinner

No way - I'm sucking on a Pure Blonde at the moment and don't trust myself around sharp hooks
    Half ya luck ..... they just get me into trouble - TWICE

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO