Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: TEN MONDY METERIES (+ a cast of others)

Re: TEN MONDY METERIES (+ a cast of others)

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Ren View Post
    Bloody hell Chris.....I have not long returned from the pastry shop north of Gin Gin.....seems I should have been there a week earlier.....water temps were dropping, SE'ers blowing for days, average water clarity......still nice to be on the water with a few mates though.

Ran into Jas in one of the bays last Thursday......he had been chartering with two clients at Awoonga but found much better results at Mondy with a four fish day for his clients.

Cheers
    Paul

Hi Paul ..... we arrived to crap but had a great little 4 day window where the weather & barra gods smiled upon us ............. fortunately we had the presence of mind to make the most of it

We saw Jas a couple of times too

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Chris
    Nice fishing mate. Some great quality fish there and in your other post. Very envious.Have yet to catch a fish at that place after 2 trips.
    Did you get the zillion back up and running after being squashed and is it a mark up on the standard version 100sha?

Enjoyed the reports.

Cheers
    Birko

Quote Originally Posted by birko View Post
    Chris
    Nice fishing mate. Some great quality fish there and in your other post. Very envious.Have yet to catch a fish at that place after 2 trips.
    Did you get the zillion back up and running after being squashed and is it a mark up on the standard version 100sha?

Enjoyed the reports.

Cheers
    Birko
    Thanks Birko

I haven't had the chance to look at the Zillion yet ( too busy & too afraid ) ...... but once I'm back in Brissy later this week .. I'll see what needs to be done ( order parts)
    There is a heap of difference between the standard Zillion & the HLC ....... The HLC is much lighter , smoother & casts better - (specially lighter placcies) - - - Is it worth the extra $160 ish - ??? My oath it is ( I would replace one of my SLAs with another HLC tomorrow if I had the coin). I certainly rate it side by side with the Steez with probably a bit better suitability for barra.

How have you been going at Teemburra (cant wait to get back there )

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Sorry mate, left ya phone number at home on the puter, cause Im a slack lazy so and so, then tried to ring Barb on the Monday on the way home to get it so I could give you an update, but he is even slacker than me and didnt call back!

Lot of donuts getting round at the moment
    No worries at all Brian...not sure if you could have helped us sorry lot but would be useful to have a chat anyway....my fault too as I think I have your number as well. Next time for sure mate.

Barb was just getting back from a little family trip to Bali.....but you're right, he is a slacker

Cheers
    Paul
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

that pic of the fat one looks like the barra was on steroids. he's choadus
    figjam :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Thanks Birko

I haven't had the chance to look at the Zillion yet ( too busy & too afraid ) ...... but once I'm back in Brissy later this week .. I'll see what needs to be done ( order parts)
    There is a heap of difference between the standard Zillion & the HLC ....... The HLC is much lighter , smoother & casts better - (specially lighter placcies) - - - Is it worth the extra $160 ish - ??? My oath it is ( I would replace one of my SLAs with another HLC tomorrow if I had the coin). I certainly rate it side by side with the Steez with probably a bit better suitability for barra.

How have you been going at Teemburra (cant wait to get back there )

Chris
    Teemburra has been pretty quiet (for me anyway). Have heard of a few nice fish being raised, mainly on the troll. The weather is really only just now started to settle in to some sort of consistancy. So hopefully it will start to even out now. You made the right call not to come up here when you were thinking about it as it was very miserable conditions. Make sure you give a hoy if you do take a run up here, remember it very easy and cheap to fly up this way from bris now that you are there.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Ren View Post
    No worries at all Brian...not sure if you could have helped us sorry lot but would be useful to have a chat anyway....my fault too as I think I have your number as well. Next time for sure mate.

Barb was just getting back from a little family trip to Bali.....but you're right, he is a slacker

Cheers
    Paul

Didnt have much to offer mate cept a gday.
    Benny is obviously cracking far to much coin if he can flit off over seas at will, has any one informed his employer??

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Didnt have much to offer mate cept a gday.
    Benny is obviously cracking far to much coin if he can flit off over seas at will, has any one informed his employer??
    Think he must have bribed his boss into going with him mate. He'll be lurking out of the shadows around here soon I reckon.
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Quote Originally Posted by birko View Post
    Teemburra has been pretty quiet (for me anyway). Have heard of a few nice fish being raised, mainly on the troll. The weather is really only just now started to settle in to some sort of consistancy. So hopefully it will start to even out now. You made the right call not to come up here when you were thinking about it as it was very miserable conditions. Make sure you give a hoy if you do take a run up here, remember it very easy and cheap to fly up this way from bris now that you are there.
    If I come up that way ..... I have to watch out for the obsenities thrown my way ..... Regardless , I do want to get back

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by nuggstar View Post
    that pic of the fat one looks like the barra was on steroids. he's choadus

Not Steroids mate ..... MACCAS !~ (super size me) -

Thats why I liked MWs 121 ......... she was a fit conditioned fish - that went so hard - Give me those fish anyday

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Well ..... I feel much better today

I decided to do a post mortem on the Zillion HLC this morning

Phew - All that had happened is the Aluminium nut that holds the handle on to the shaft has been stripped (cross threaded) - The big girl must have levered the carbon handle stripping the thread

I put my steez handle on & all was good

I knew you would all be concerned

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Thanks Chris, I was losing sleep over that one!......

Thats a good thing Chris......could have been an expensive excersise otherwise!!! just goes to show how these girls destroy gear....even quality stuff....

cheers Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Thats a good thing Chris......could have been an expensive excersise otherwise!!! just goes to show how these girls destroy gear....even quality stuff....

cheers Steve

It didn't help that the net man put the fish on top of the rod & reel - I'm lucky alright ......... brand new Samurai Reaction rod

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by Peter4 View Post
    Thanks Chris, I was losing sleep over that one!......
    I knew you were concerned Pete ....... ordered the part just a few minutes ago

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO