Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: TEN MONDY METERIES (+ a cast of others)

Re: TEN MONDY METERIES (+ a cast of others)

Quote Originally Posted by Obi _ Wan View Post
    Chris,

That's a bloody good report with fantastic pictures mate.

Well done to both yourself and the Mighty Whitey, you both deserved a good trip like that after all the miles, time, effort and cost you have poured into the Barra scene over the past few years.

Now you both have a PB better than mine so, now i have a target, looks like i'll just have to go to Mondy.

I've been told Whitey needs a new pair of volley's, sounds like a good item for a Christmas present, do you reckon he can make the present pair last another eight months?

And the Zillion? is it fixable? expensive flop mate.

Well done, the trip was a ripper for you.

Cheers,
    John.

Thanks John ...... cracker of a trip alright

I hope the Zillion is reparable , Its a bent shaft
    We were going to have a sacrificial burning of the volleys last night - but we were afraid for the health of Brian.

Cheers

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by robersl View Post
    good read nagg hope you left some for me this weekend mate thats if there's any water left in the dam since they are letting some out might be a good thing

shane
    shane ..... there might be a few that we didn't sting ........ certainly plenty of catumundus

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by Callop View Post
    Awesome stuff Chris. I bet the next trip was planned in the car on the way home?
    not at all Dave ........ I've planned my next trip already - MW has to wait till the Muster

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

So here are some shots of MWs new PB ......... Its a cracker of a fish & so different to the pig that I landed ....... This fish went hard & you can see why

Enjoy

Attachment 43762. Attachment 43766 ...Attachment 43764 .....Attachment 43765 ....
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Top effort guys. Obviously just reward for putting in the hard yards. It is interesting to contemplate how big a PB is actually needed for Whittey to smile when he is photographed with it. Or is he just playing it 'matter of fact'? I wouldn't stop smiling.

Anyway great effort and congrates to you both for the trip and the read.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Top effort guys. Obviously just reward for putting in the hard yards. It is interesting to contemplate how big a PB is actually needed for Whittey to smile when he is photographed with it. Or is he just playing it 'matter of fact'? I wouldn't stop smiling.

Anyway great effort and congrates to you both for the trip and the read.

Thanks Apollo

I think MW was pretty stressed at that point of time ( no camera & a new PB) ...... + he dropped my Loomis cap in the drink
    Seriously , The last thing we wanted was a dead barra........ Thankfully she seemed to swim off OK

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    not at all Dave ........ I've planned my next trip already - MW has to wait till the Muster

Chris
    Let us know mate got a bit of freedom now with the second car, so a trip is some what do-able....

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post
    Let us know mate got a bit of freedom now with the second car, so a trip is some what do-able....

It looks like the weekend after Easter & I think there are some others planning to go that weekend as well

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Shite Hot Trip Chris....going to be very hard for u to top that.....Fantastic action and still shots......Easter weekend not a good move......week after 10 out of 10 is my guess....should see you then

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    Shite Hot Trip Chris....going to be very hard for u to top that.....Fantastic action and still shots......Easter weekend not a good move......week after 10 out of 10 is my guess....should see you then
    Hi Whitto

Yeh mate , have to get it out of your head about topping a trip like that , specially when MW & I have had 3 crackers in a row ............ we actually said after day 2 - that we would go home happy

As for Easter ...... no , I would head up the following one

Cheers

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Hey Chris, great report and well deserved results. Just awesome, great to meet u both and thanks for sharing tips and ideas.

Cheers, Pete.

PS: Whitey would have been relieved the PB pics showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete62 View Post
    Hey Chris, great report and well deserved results. Just awesome, great to meet u both and thanks for sharing tips and ideas.

Cheers, Pete.

PS: Whitey would have been relieved the PB pics showed up.
    Ta Pete

Yes mate ..... Dagg was relieved when I told him this morning.
    Would have liked to see you get a fish ...... you came close though

No problem on the tips .... just remember - Throw away all your lures & just carry Evil Minnow slick rigs .......... MW will vouch for that .......... He basically used nothing else except for the occasional black & gold slickie ( he did change sizes 110 & 130s)
    Me ..... I threw everything including the kitchen sink

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Awesome report guys - well done. We're headed down there this weekend so this has certainly fired us up! no back to praying to the weather gods

Kev

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Me ..... I threw everything including the kitchen sink

Chris
    including TMNT? did Raphael get a swim?

Well done Chris and Ads. You can see the effort that the pair of you go to has paid big PB dividends. Glad it was another successful trip. hope to see you all up there soon.

Cheers Roo.

P.s. Bent shaft(spool shaft) is fixable..... buy new spool!! I think they are made from Duralium so probably not something you could straighten.
    Last edited by Roo; 24-03-2009 at 09:36 AM. Reason: add sage advice from extensive tackle junkie archives

Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    including TMNT? did Raphael get a swim?

Well done Chris and Ads. You can see the effort that the pair of you go to has paid big PB dividends. Glad it was another successful trip. hope to see you all up there soon.

Cheers Roo.

P.s. Bent shaft(spool shaft) is fixable..... buy new spool!! I think they are made from Duralium so probably not something you could straighten.
    thanks Roo

I think its the main shaft ..... where the handle is ......... I'm not game to look closely as yet

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO