Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Me and Mondy, It's a love hate thing.

Re: Crack up!

Quote Originally Posted by themissus View Post
    Hey Pete!!
    Firstly it was great to finally catch up at The Bash.
    Ok.... you had a cracker you finally crack the big one.
    Cheers Kim.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    I know where this is heading Darryl!! Stop trying to give the post the bum steer!!!

cheers Steve
    Careful you resemble that remark

Speaking of marks, best Skid to a halt now

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

Re: Me and Mondy, It's a love hate thing.

Hey Pete ..... It was great catching up with you ! - shame you never converted , but I'm sure they will come for you . Hang in there
    MWs a classic hey Camp ground tart.

as mentioned ..... If you want to come along one trip , you'll be more than welcome ....... specially now that MW is now coming up to yellowfin season .

Cheers

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

OK OK Since theres been a bit of talk about wrapping the fur ball around the drive shaft, i'll tell you the storey.

At least i was not the one who did the removale job, but i saw it all, still get a chuckle out of it.

I was born and raised in the mid north coast area of NSW about 50 miles in from the coast, all my rellies were graziers, yes thats right, i was the poor bastard who was never left a cattle property, but at least i fish for barra and have lived in QLD for thirty odd years now.

Anyway two of my cousins (brothers) lived on adjoining properties and their houses were about three miles apart along the river.
    I was staying with one of the brothers who was a bit of a larrikin, anyway his brothers dog, a proper cattle dog, not one of the modern cattle dogs who have short legs and are half the size, decided it wanted to stay at the other house. It was taken home a couple of times but kept comming back, it became a problem as the other brother thought his brother was trying to keep the dog.
    One day enough was enough and my cousin got a corn kob and a bottle of turps, called the dog and it dutifully came to him, he grabbed its tail, lifted it up and half a dozen good rasps across the date and a small splash of turps was applied.
    Well the dog shook itself, walked around the house yard once (about an acre), then it trotted around the house yard once, then at full gallop around the house yard again, then it took off at full tilt. It reached the gate leading into the house paddock going quicker than i have ever seen a greyhound run, under the gate, almost took out the bottom rail.
    Down the hill it went and then along the road beside the river heading to its rightful home, it was going so bloody fast it left a dust cloud just like a motor car.
    Now that dog never came back and made a pest of itself again, it fact whenever the brother rode up the flat to his place the dog would not come into the house paddock, it laid and waited at the gate and if they ever went out the back gate the dog would run around the perimeter of the house paddock.

But you have to remember that in those days if an animal got sick, there was no money for a Vet so the animal was taken for a walk and given a lead injection.

True storey, i was there and saw it all, they were the so called good old days.

Cheers,
    John.

Good story John.

I was raised around cattle properties too and the old mans method of teaching his dogs not to chase cars was to pin the dog to the ground by the collar, drive the truck over it and rev the hell out of it, never lost a dog.

Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Hey Pete ..... It was great catching up with you ! - shame you never converted , but I'm sure they will come for you . Hang in there
    MWs a classic hey Camp ground tart.

as mentioned ..... If you want to come along one trip , you'll be more than welcome ....... specially now that MW is now coming up to yellowfin season .

Cheers

Chris

Good onya Chris, good to meet u too. Looking at maybe the second week/end of May, full moon on the 9th.
    Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by DEANO68 View Post
    and a nut to boot.. ...sorrry to kick you while your down mate....

nath......

Ohh, lovely, my mates are kicking me when Im at my lowest

Thank gawd Steve and Spud ate the pastry as well, at least I dont feel like I suck so much after hearing that (no disrespect intended boys )

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post

Thank gawd Steve and Spud ate the pastry as well, at least I dont feel like I suck so much after hearing that (no disrespect intended boys )
    all good mate , belt me back whenever you like ...makes me more determined next time.....hit me , hit meeee.......sorry ian and the block heads moment....
    gotta get me one of those rythem sticks.... ..whoa, wont mention the name of the album...
    God put me on earth to accomplish
    a certain number of things,
    right now i am so far behind
    i will never die.

I know what's happened Brian.... because Capt Crack Back and Sack has had a bum steer of late.... it appears your being turned on by a pack of Wolves......Just because you looked like a LOSER with a rare donut....I won't be critical Brother...( Ya look at one sheep AAAaaa)....until our next guzzle, see ya late Donut Boy, potential dog killer

Brian ...... You are lucky! If you had a mate like MW - you would cop a flogging not just a kicking ! - I did & that was only during a session - I knew I should have repaid the favour at the end of his 5th Donut day
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Pete - sorry to hear you didn't get one into the boat but a least you got close and had the feel of a couple at the end of your stick......

It took us three trips for our first barra but a brief hook-up on trip two converted us for life. I reckon you now have terminal IBD.

We also put a drop of loctite on the leader knot to prevent slippage. Have not lost a barra to poor knots yet! Next time, Pete, next time.......

Regs

Pete (& Kyle)

yup, I know you shouldnt have to, but I super glue my leader knots as well, never had one let go yet, mind you, Ive found a thousand other ways to lose a fish, most of them involve B52's for some reason????

yup, I know you shouldnt have to, but I super glue my leader knots as well, never had one let go yet, mind you, Ive found a thousand other ways to lose a fish, most of them involve B52's for some reason????
    It doesn't hurt that is for sure .......... specially when using a slim beauty in 80lb leader

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO