Thread: Just moved to Brissy NEED TO FISH

Question Just moved to Brissy NEED TO FISH

Hi All, after 5 years chasing trout in the Snowys and enjoying the "wonderful" Canberra weather, the family have moved back to Wynnum. Unfortunately no one I knows left around or doesn't SWOF. Anyone know any wadable areas around wynnum area worth a try?

Regards
    Walldog
    There are 10 types of people in this world
    "those that understand binary and those that don't"

Re: Just moved to Brissy NEED TO FISH

Just an observation..........................You won't find any Trout there!

Seriously Walldog, You may like to try up at the Port of Brisbane container terminal where the bridge and boat ramp is. I have seen activity land based there. What sort of activity were you thinking for what species. I was thinking you were wanting to try fly

Chris

Just one thing to remember when wading here compare to alpine streams - bull sharks!

Walldog, Lota is a good spot to try. I used to live there a few years ago and wading the confluence of Lota and Tingalpa creeks on a dropping tide I usually found a flathead or two.

Norm
    P.S. Fast-track your learning curve and get onto a fly fishing club; either the SEQ Fly Fishers down the Gold Coast or the Saltwater Flyfishiers Assoc. Sunshine Coast.

Red face Re: Just moved to Brissy NEED TO FISH

Quote Originally Posted by Angla View Post
    Just an observation..........................You won't find any Trout there!

Seriously Walldog, You may like to try up at the Port of Brisbane container terminal where the bridge and boat ramp is. I have seen activity land based there. What sort of activity were you thinking for what species. I was thinking you were wanting to try fly

Chris
    Hi Angla, Yeah thanks for the tip , I've got just about every weight fly rod known from 00 to 16wt (yes i need help) problem is no boat, so I need to keep my activities land focused for the time being. as to species I'm not too concerned as I've only had limited opportunity to SWOFF. As I catch and release anyway i'm not too particular, adding anything to the species caught list will be fun.

Walldog
    There are 10 types of people in this world
    "those that understand binary and those that don't"

There's a lot of stonefish down there too, if you are wading.So be careful.