Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: A Nagg and Whitey update Monduran

Re: A Nagg and Whitey update Monduran

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Me to mate
    Maybe he isnt talking to you, did you return the trailer after the run in with the Maltese Falcon gang that time?
    Probably to busy shopping on-line for bloody squidgey slick rigs!

Who knows with the great man ........ probably working 24/7 - I'm sure he is addicted to the overtime ......... I'd just like to see him spend some

Slick rigs ..... Unbelievable how he makes em work ! .... got me beat - he landed all his fish on slickies - & I landed 1 - - - - Go figure

Shame you didn't make it to Mondy this weekend ........ hopefully the week after easter !

Hey .... is your tent the RV3 or 4 - i want to look into one for our next trip ( new lounge or tent )

Chris

PS ...... Sydney was F'n freezing this morning ........
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Ripping sou easter up here mate.
    Ive got the RV2, which is really only good for one bunk bed and my gear.
    If you going 2 up, Id defianately recommend the biger RV4 as a minimum, then add the side curtains for the front awning for additional esky etc storage space.
    Darryl's got one as well, I think its the RV3?
    They are bulky when packed up, would have to go on the roof of the Prado??

Ripping sou easter up here mate.
    Ive got the RV2, which is really only good for one bunk bed and my gear.
    If you going 2 up, Id defianately recommend the biger RV4 as a minimum, then add the side curtains for the front awning for additional esky etc storage space.
    Darryl's got one as well, I think its the RV3?
    They are bulky when packed up, would have to go on the roof of the Prado??
    Thanks Brian

I'm going to have a look at them when I pass through that lollie shop at Coffs on Wednesday
    How bulky ....... measurements (approx) - probably go into the boat ( like my current tent)

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Bundles up to 2100mm long mate, so I throw it in the back of the ute, but in the boat is another option for sure.
    In there Ive got the add on side curtain, extra set of poles for the awning (so I can get some fall in case of rain), a Colemans bag that holds all the pegs and extra ropes with springers, the base kit they sell you is adequate, but not for a Mondy special that might rip thru when your out on the water.
    Allways nice to come back o camp in the dark and see your tent is still where you left it that morning!
    Ive got a fold out bunk bed with one of those self inflating matress thingys, lot better than the air bed set up I used to use, specially in the cooler weather.
    Pic shows the tent, bunk bed and matress all packed up, just ignore the BFC labels mate

Bundles up to 2100mm long mate, so I throw it in the back of the ute, but in the boat is another option for sure.
    In there Ive got the add on side curtain, extra set of poles for the awning (so I can get some fall in case of rain), a Colemans bag that holds all the pegs and extra ropes with springers, the base kit they sell you is adequate, but not for a Mondy special that might rip thru when your out on the water.
    Allways nice to come back o camp in the dark and see your tent is still where you left it that morning!
    Ive got a fold out bunk bed with one of those self inflating matress thingys, lot better than the air bed set up I used to use, specially in the cooler weather.
    Pic shows the tent, bunk bed and matress all packed up, just ignore the BFC labels mate
    Top stuff there Brian ..... Thanks for that

I bought one of those self inflating mattresses + a bunk bed ( after seeing Matts )
    I like having space ..... My dome is good - but a pain to set up ( specially on my own).

cheers

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Chris and Brian, I have been going through the tent thing too.

So far i have looked seriously at the RV4 and the Black Wolf Turbo 240.

My comments on the RV are package much to big (long) and expensive added to the fact that head room is a problem, can only just stand up at the door, of course the add on at the front has the head room, but with the base tent at over a thousand dollars i have not been game the get a price on the extra's.

The Black Wolf is a dream to erect, comparatively quick to errect, all guy ropes in pockets (zippered) so they cant get lost, good head room over most of the inside. Very well made and at around $850 is cheaper than the RV. A super fly can be added for around another $400 which i think would make it cheaper than an RV with the add on's.

The Big Cupboard Full Of S##t has a 270 lite model (about $550) of the Black Wolf but i have not been able to find out yet it you can get a so called super fly. IMHO i would sooner go with the Turbo model as insurance against storms.

Cheers,
    John.

Quote Originally Posted by Obi _ Wan View Post
    Chris and Brian, I have been going through the tent thing too.

So far i have looked seriously at the RV4 and the Black Wolf Turbo 240.

My comments on the RV are package much to big (long) and expensive added to the fact that head room is a problem, can only just stand up at the door, of course the add on at the front has the head room, but with the base tent at over a thousand dollars i have not been game the get a price on the extra's.

The Black Wolf is a dream to erect, comparatively quick to errect, all guy ropes in pockets (zippered) so they cant get lost, good head room over most of the inside. Very well made and at around $850 is cheaper than the RV. A super fly can be added for around another $400 which i think would make it cheaper than an RV with the add on's.

The Big Cupboard Full Of S##t has a 270 lite model (about $550) of the Black Wolf but i have not been able to find out yet it you can get a so called super fly. IMHO i would sooner go with the Turbo model as insurance against storms.

Cheers,
    John.
    Thanks john

I had a look at the web site & the video - Looks good to me & I like the use of rip stop canvass .
    I just need to check em out ........ the 240 apparently sleeps 7 ( I only want a 3-4) So I'll check out the smaller size

But thanks for the heads up

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Thanks john

I had a look at the web site & the video - Looks good to me & I like the use of rip stop canvass .
    I just need to check em out ........ the 240 apparently sleeps 7 ( I only want a 3-4) So I'll check out the smaller size

But thanks for the heads up

Chris
    Chris,

Yes, you need to have a look, what some say sleeps 7, would in fact be a bloody tight fit. I don't know what sized people they use as models, but if you jammed 7 into a 240 they would all have to be good friends, have no gear and not want to get up at night to go for a short walk.

I reckon a 240 size would suit 2 blokes and their gear and with a bit of organisation you could fit 3 but no more.

John.