Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Daiwa Pixy-Pixzilla

Re: Daiwa Pixy-Pixzilla

yes i am a bit of a TT junkie...i don't mind the stock pixy gear ratio...i'll only be using mine for chasing sooties and JPs in close quarters with small surface presentation...the yanks on the other hand seem obsessed with high gear ratios

I know what you mean..high speed steez etc..etc for the yanks.
    Karil are quite innovative though..I see those pixy's are already sold out!!!

Tested thae drag last night...Spooled it with 5kg sunline fluorocarbon,smooth drag to 4kg(same as steez)where it locked,and broke the line at 5kg!!(sorry Duncan )
    Extremely happy with this result-have pulled the reel down today and everything is perfect inside-way more drag than I will need this reel for,but it is there if I ever need it

Nice Mick! Watch out Maroon Bass!!!!

Shane

good stuff...i have the steez metal washers on order now...if you say its easier to use an alphas top washer i'll swap it out with my alphas r edition..its coming apart to get a carbontex kit anyway

Quote Originally Posted by wheezer View Post
    good stuff...i have the steez metal washers on order now...if you say its easier to use an alphas top washer i'll swap it out with my alphas r edition..its coming apart to get a carbontex kit anyway
    Yes Wheezer,the alphas top washer is the one to use(or sol)...The height is 1.6mm,where as the steez top washer is 2mm...The outside diameter of both is the same.Every .1mm is critical so that the top washer does not rub on the handle housing.

I was inspired by that karil website,so on the weekend I added the extra spool slot to the pinion gear-no easy task but thoroughly worth it...
    When re engaging the spool it takes up immediately,a very nice mod...
    The gear seems to be just a strong after locked drag tests on it have proved.

Now just waiting for parts-worm drive spacer,TDZ line guide,alphas R drag star,ceramic bearings ABEC 7's,and aftermarket handle+knobs....

That drag is insane Mick, geez that's about what I use for Barra more often than not nowadays! (although I imagine the gears wouldn't take that for too long)

Speaking of gears - I blew up the gearbox in my car on the way to pick up my new boat so won't be buying any toys for a little while, although will eventually have a crack at the Pixzilla - too much fun to not do it

hmmm off to google Karil now, never visited that one....

Thanks for sharing your project with us

Cheers
    Tony

Quick update..
    I recieved the alphas r-edition drag star last week and put the steez swept handle on so I could test the reel at Maroon last sunday.
    It was a case of casting some heavy jigheads as far as I could to straighten out the new fluorocarbon(jeez that stuffs got some memory!!)and then found some weedbeds in the timber...Was only there for a few hours in the afternoon,but landed three nice fish-the drag worked superbly

Just waiting for the rest of the bits to finish her off.

Also added the magforce dial off an extra steez sideplate I have here...

that handle and drag thingy look sweet
    figjam :wink:

Recieved the abec7 ceramic TG rocket bearings from the U.K yesterday...

Put them in with the TD-Z line guide today

Worm drive collar and bearing is in now too...

Carbon handle and knobs to go

It's a weapon now Mick - will be a lot of fun to use I'm sure

them tg rockets are so so so bloody good. i cant belive the stuff i can now do with them in my alphis. i can cast down to 1\8 with no dramas at all. even casting 2gram bream lures with it. i realy notised the diffrece with the bigger lures. getting nealy 70-80m with the wind to help me
    figjam :wink:

Good to hear you're happy with them mate...
    Can't wait to get up to the park