Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: How to cure sea-sickness?

Re: How to cure sea-sickness?

I found the more I go out the less crook I become.
    Kwells are the best solution for me but different strokes for different folks.
    Cheers
    Stue

We have found that Ginger Snap cookies work very well for those that get that I', going to spew thing going on.
    Next is Dramamine , take it the night before.

sitting under a tree ???

I have a friend who suffers from sea sickness something bad , to over come it ,he takes a kwell the night before and one the morning of the trip - drinks plenty of cold water whilst out - I also let him drive the boat as it takes his mind off his stomach. - seems to work.
    Beast

I Have Always Used Kwells And Swear By Them.

Eat something when you start to feel quesy, a vegemite or jam sanga, you wont think you can do it but eat a sange and drink some water you will feel better, do not lie down makes you worse.

The other one is eat some ginger before you go, health food shops sell ginger lollies, but must be real ginger not ginger flavouring.

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Jim View Post
    Here’s is my two cents

I would be interested to hear if anyone has ever been sick whilst IN the water
    JIM

Well unfortunatley I have to say that I've been crook twice whilst on scuba, so I learnt it is always handy to have a spare reg handy after you have filled up the first one.

just keep on goin and good luck

My wife gets seasick doing the washing up.
    A friend put us on to this little watch like device that delivers tiny electric shocks at regular intervals.
    If she uses that in conjunction with quells she's fine. Leave one out & 10 minutes after we stop, she's green.
    I've never been really seasick, so I can't vouch for it personally (very light side to side rocking makes me a bit off, but a beer (ginger or XXXX) fixes that)
    I've always thought she needed electro-shock therapy
    The question is, if I run a jumper to the coils will I cure her completely?
    Cheers,
    Owen

The whole world's mad save thee & me (but I'm not too sure about thee)

Quote Originally Posted by Always_offshore View Post
    sitting under a tree ???
    Yup, a good old Spike Milligan saying.

Pauls custard 2ltr bottle ice cold.
    Best bloody thing to happen to me.done a lot of offshore yacht racing and have had my fair share of the curse.while doing a bris to gladstone, vomiting my heart out first night and thought the boys wanted more of a show. Had the custard and stopped and within 30 minutes, felt well enough to go back to trimming and steering the yacht.

I rarely get seasick, but sometimes after a long day on the water, i feel a bit queasy when i'm back on land. (usually once the boats all put away and the fish are cleaned etc. and i'm sitting on the couch)

go figure???
    I Drink,
    Therefore I Am.

http://www.youtube.com/playfordtree

Dont laugh. Have seen this work for travel sickness on a bus. Should work if you are sitting while trolling. Sit on a newspaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Lips View Post
    I rarely get seasick, but sometimes after a long day on the water, i feel a bit queasy when i'm back on land. (usually once the boats all put away and the fish are cleaned etc. and i'm sitting on the couch)

go figure???
    Yeah i can vouch for that feeling.... often comes when having the "after fishing shower" everything gets a bit spinny and unstable... i love it!!! Free drugs

Quote Originally Posted by red rock cod View Post
    Dont laugh. Have seen this work for travel sickness on a bus. Should work if you are sitting while trolling. Sit on a newspaper.

Would that be rolled or unrolled? Still not laughing