Thread: awoonga jack

awoonga jack

mate got this at christmas time .from the iveragh arm area

Re: awoonga jack

Man, I've been waiting for a report on one these impoundment Jacks. How did it fight?

Thanks for posting, Andrew

my mate said it went hard and didnt let up till it wasin the net he thought it was a big barra for sure it went 570mm and 7kg

Nice fish. Looking forward to the day when Jacks are the common by catch in the dams, rather than the dreaded catties.

I imagine the 7kg is a typo, 7lb looks about right.

good fish fat as did it go to the table, if it did, did it taste good or go crap like the barra do in dams?
    Jack.

As stated before I've also wanted to see a picture of a dam Jack. Great fish.

Tom

Making me keen to go out to the dam. Only 20 minutes away and i dont have a tinny anymore. Some times a bigger boat is a curse. Good fish anyway. I was wondering what colour they would go.

ive seen a couple out of there now and they seem to loose a bit of there bright red when they get fat and swell out in the belly,this fish was released for someone else to have fun,johnny m works too hard to get these great fish into there to kill them

cracker jack, good to see some one else will get to experience the thrill...cheers brett

Nice jack!
    I Fish, I catch, I SNAG

Beautiful fish. Nice work on the release too.
    Brendan

not trying to bring ya down but no way is that fish 7kg. it be 3kg maybe even 4kg if ya lucky. its is a fat solid fish but i think ya telling wobbalys. great catch any way
    figjam :wink:

I didn't realise salty's could survive in fresh... I assume only select species can manage the change?

No way it's 7kg. My Wobbegong last week went 85cm and was a fat bugger and it only went 6.5kg.

Matt.

yes men you are right 7lb is more like it sorry about the stuff up it was still great to see these fish growing so well in there .